Virginity Loss

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by amhersthungboi, Jan 22, 2006.

1. amhersthungboi

Albums:
    What do you think counts as losing one's virginity? Is it first sexual contact with another person's genitals? First time being naked in a sexual sense with another person (e.g. jack off session with no MM)? Oral? Penetration? And, I wonder if this definition varies by sex and by sexual orientation. Hmmm ... all very interesting.

My take: First sexual contact with another person's genitals, even if oral or penetration aren't involved. I think virginity loss is more a loss of a certain sense of innocence and naivete than a particular act, and I think directly sexually pleasing someone in any sense, for the first time, constitutes that loss.

Any thoughts? Anyone actually care?

2. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Thief!
    I've thought about this one too and my response is somewhat like what you posted in that ***other***thread.

First finger bang: started when I was a kid.
    First pussy after puberty: 17 yrs old fucking my boss in a motel room.
    First oral with a guy: 19 years old at my place. It was gross.
    First anal with a guy: 21 years old at my place.

Someone once told me "you remove the word oral and you're left with the word..."

I think mutual mastrubation doesn't count. My own belief system says that you're "partially de-virginized" if you perform oral or have it performed on you. If you have insertive sex with either sex...you're not a virgin anymore.

3. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

when your penis goes into an orifice below the waist

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Yup. Penetration of the vagina by the penis is necessary.

If fingers or other objects were to count then when a young lady uses a tampon she's screwed.

5. amhersthungboi

Albums:
    Sweet! I'm still a virgin! ::halo instantly appears around head:: Here Spladle Spladle Spladle ...

6. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I remember a Penthouse or Hustler comic from when I was a kid that said "she may be a virgin but you can drive a truck up her ass".

7. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmm I'd say penetration myself here. Being a virgin means you haven't had sex yet. Wooo me. But anyway, on the other end of it, oral sex....I consider as being in the category of sexual relations. It's not quite sex, but its playing with sexual organs.

8. |njay

|njay New Member

I my mind, being a virign means that you haven't had vaginal sex before, but due to my amount of friends that are gay and bisexual, I consider there being 2 diffrent virginities.

9. panthera

panthera New Member

I disagree that penetration ends virginity. The first time a man kissed me so incredibly that I came was the end of my virginity; the actual penetration which followed just an added on pleasure.
    Question: What is the difference between Bill Clinton and George W. Bush?
    Answer: Clinton screwed the country one at a time, Bush all the country all the time...

10. freshone

freshone New Member

I would say that, as a gay man, I always consider the day I lost my virginity to be the first time I got naked with another guy and we exchanged blow jobs. As a newbie gay man, I wasn't ready to jump right to anal sex, and I think a lot of gay men are the same way. So I would be in the camp that there is definitely a different way to look at it as a gay man, then as a straight man/woman.

Just my two cents.

And lucky me...my first time was actually lotsa fun. :smile:

11. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've always thought of it in a similar way to Sorcerer. Losing one's virginity involves first encounter of penetrative sex (vaginal or anal). However, a sexual encounter of any kind can count to an extent. This can including masturbating with another person, provided that the two people masturbate eachother and not only themselves... If 2 people masturbate together, in each others' company, but only touch themselves, that isn't sex.

12. RideRocket

Gold Member

From Wikipedia:

"In its most general sense, virginity is characterized by a state of unimpacted purity, usually stemming from a lack of experience (for example, newcomers to game Bingo could be referred to as virgins). Traditionally, virgin is used to describe a person who has not engaged in sexual intercourse. This use is traditionally restricted to a person who has not yet engaged in vaginal intercourse, but it is sometimes used to describe someone who has not engaged in sexual activities in general. Also, someone can be referred to as an "anal virgin," being a virgin to anal sex (specifically receiving anal sex)."

13. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with Wikipedia!

14. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

I've never been with anyone. So this description must make me a super virgin

15. Big Ben IV

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Penis in Vagina.

16. amhersthungboi

Albums:
    So I really will never lose my virginity! Makes sense, seeing as how I'm a virgo.

Seriously though, it is kind of disturbing to find so much heterosexism in this discussion both from members and from Wikipedia.

17. Big Ben IV

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wasent trying to offend any one thats just my view. Im not saying anything bad either its a free country so you can do your own thing, whatever that may be.

18. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Although I am not an expert I would like to quote a section of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, United States of America; which applies to all Military Personnel.

[SIZE=-1] 920. ART. 120. RAPE AND CARNAL KNOWLEDGE[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] (a) Any person subject to this chapter who commits an act of sexual intercourse with a female not his wife, by force and without consent, is guilty of rape and shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] (b) Any person subject to this chapter who, under circumstances not amounting to rape, commits an act of sexual intercourse with a female not his wife who has not attained the age of sixteen years, is guilty of carnal knowledge and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] (c) Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete either of these offenses.[/SIZE]

19. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

According the Oxford English Dictionary, a virgin is "a person who has never had sexual intercourse".

Sexual intercourse is defined as "sexual contact between individuals involving penetration, especially the insertion of a man’s erect penis into a woman’s vagina culminating in orgasm and the ejaculation of semen".

According to Sue Johanson of Talk Sex, loss of virginity refers specifically to a person's first experience of vaginal intercourse. When the caller asked about two gay partners, she replied that if they had never engaged in sexual intercourse with women, they were still technically virgins regardless of how many times they slam-dunked each other up the bunghole. Actually, I seem to recall that she used more genteel terms, but that was the gist of what she was saying.

So it's official: I'm a virgin!

20. Freddie53

Gold Member

I was taught that in the King James Version of the Old Testament of the Bible, the that the word "virgin" is used to translate a Hebrew word that meant "young lady." But in the New Testament of the King Jame Version of the Bible, the New Testament Greek word that is translated as "virgin" meant a female who had not had sexual intercourse.

In both cases, we are translating words from ancient languages. New Testament Greek is different from the classical Greek of Athens some several hundred years earlier and also different from the Greek spoken today. And Hebrew is an especially difficult language to interpret and translate. There are many words that scholars don't agree as to what English word best translates, so there may be Biblical scholars that would disagree with what I was taught.

With the modern day definition that DMW has quoted, that gives three definitions: two historical and one modern.

For the purposes of our culture of today, the modern definition is the relevant one.

Draft saved Draft deleted