Visting Charleston, S.C.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will be visiting Charleston, SC for three days (3/6-3/9) for the Food & Wine Festival taking place there that weekend. Can anybody who lives in or is familiar with the city give me some hints on places to go/eat/drink/whatever?

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HickBoy...thank you for responding, but you can't receive anymore PM's until you clear some out! This is the info you asked for:

Well...I live in NYC so I am used to good restaurants...and I am told that Charleston has many good ones. Since I am Italian, I never eat Italian outside the house. From what I can see online, Charleston has some very good Southern/American/Continental type restaurants. I have a reservation for Carolina's for one night. But I do want to have some authentic BBQ for lunch and I need another spot for a nice dinner another night. There are two couples, all over 50 and we like a place with good service, nice decor and most importantly great food...price is not a big consideration. We all cook and love good wine and cocktails. With all that said, we do not like pretentious, so don't recommend a place just 'cause it looks good. Think of your favorite place to go out to eat with good friends.

Thanks, Hickboy!

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oooh ooh ooh! Tell him the place we went! It was fab!

And...... bugger me nicenycdick your're 20 days too early!
I'm there on the 29th!

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :lmao:

crap timing!!!! :frown:
but glad to hear you're heading over there soon! :biggrin1:

and nicenycdick.... good news is is that after there I'm off to NYC for 10 days! :wink:
so watch what you wish for! :tongue:

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :lmao:

crap timing!!!! :frown:
but glad to hear you're heading over there soon! :biggrin1:

and nicenycdick.... good news is is that after there I'm off to NYC for 10 days! :wink:
so watch what you wish for! :tongue:

I am ready!!!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
About 5 years ago, we rode the bikes down U.S. 17 through Charleston and stopped for gas and some breakfast. The service station attendant recommended Joseph's restaurant. It wasn't fancy, but it was pretty good. However, I don't know if they are still in business.

(Sorry, I don't have any stories to tell of buggery in S.C.)
(Joe might though) :biggrin:

Last edited: