VIVE la FRANCE !!

Finnmark: Thanks, 7x6&C !

"All Americans are not Geo W.Bush etc ..." No, of course not, and I hope I didn't imply that. I try to keep abreast of US (internal) news and am much encouraged by the fact that voices other than the ruling conservative religious right are increasingly being heard. As you know, Blair et al. are having a rough ride here.

Even if I didn't pursue my own 'study', reading the LPSG posts alone would convince me of the generous liberalism and fair-mindedness of many Americans. I cannot help but warm to them!

"London suffocating ...?" Maybe the wrong word ? Metaphorically more than atmospherically ... Trouble is, I'm a country lad breathing North Sea air! My one and only memory of New York is of travelling one Friday afternoon from Grand Central to Newark airport along smog-filled canyons. Unfair, and I know there's a lot more to NY than that, which one day I may have a chance to discover. (My travelling companion to Paris last week highly recommends it!)

Adam.

7x6andchg: You didn't imply it at all - it just seems to be the thing that is often forgotten in these troubled times...

It's funny - I can find a big city such as London or New York alternately suffocating or liberating...it's the strange thing about big cities...rarely does one ever do much outside of one's "neighborhood".

7x6&C