Vladimir Putin Calls US a 'parasite' on World Economy

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lafever, Aug 3, 2011.

1. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    Vladimir Putin Calls US a 'Parasite' on World Economy - FoxNews.com

Strong words, but as an American I have to agree, let me explain.
    As long as America has more criminals than what the legal system can handle then the situation is just going to get worse, especially since people are bought off to keep quite.
    The funny thing is that the Chinese are ok with it, they're investing more than ever in the American economy because they've gotten a taste of corrupt money and they love it.
    They should give Vladimir a medal for having the guts to speak the truth, the U.S. government is run by the ultimate mob ring and they're are told what to do by people in the pharmaceutical trade, oil companies, and wall street which are just a few, they're so many I could eat dinner and finish eating while I still list all the corrupt big fat cats in america who buy their way through politics.
    They, the mob ring are the U.S. congressmen, the house, and so on, you get the idea, it's all corrupt.
    Even the president can't believe how corrupt the U.S. is, he got the shit end of the stick if you ask me.
    Not only should Obama go down in history as the first African American president but the first president actualy willing to do something about it and yet he can't because if he doesn't play by the rules he won't be re-elected.
    Our country is so corrupt it's not even funny anymore, the fat cats get rich, pass it on to the democrats and republicans so they can go on with their campaigns that are targeted towards treating the american citizen like an idiot.
    It's the republicans fault, no it's the democrats fault, they have the American public pre-occupied with who's to blame as business as usual goes on.
    Sadly the majority of Americans who can actually do something don't care because they get rich off the fat and are not going to go against the current system because they know it's suicide to do so.
    If you want to manipulate someone just give them alot of money and threaten to take it away, it's the American way don't you know.
    I'm disgusted with my country; maybe that makes me a real patriot, maybe I'm just tired of knowing the truth and yet nothing changes. You figure it out.

#1 lafever, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you think Russia is not run by a mob too? Vlad Putin should talk about parasites, the nation he is the President of is the very definition of a kleptocracy.

3. monel

Gold Member

This is political posturing on Putin's part and utterly disingenuous. The USA has had its problems not unlike other countries but it is far from as corrupt as many. Moreover, how can a Nation be called parasitic when it gives billions in aid to foreign nations each year - including Russia. The USA has been irresponsible with its national debt but so has Greece, Ireland, Spain, Iceland, Britain and more. Some of those countries are threatening the European economy and have had a serious adverse impact on the world economy.

Russia is heavily dependant on an underground, illicit economy. Putin is, allegedly, up to his eyeballs in corruption and benefits personally from Russia's illegal economy and the criminal enterprises that control it.

What the nations of the world do know and understand is that regardless of what they think of the USA, it will stand by and pay its debts. There is a reason why US dollars are the most desired currency. That, to me, does not sound like a parasite.

We can all list many things about the USA that we dislike, with which we disagree or for some, what make it a corrupt, evil (insert your own adjective here) nation. But, please don't cite the posturing exhortations of a corrupt "kettle" such as Putin to call the USA a "pot"

4. D_Phallus P Phyllum

D_Phallus P Phyllum New Member

Putin's just annoyed that it's not his country that's the parasite.

Really, though, it's the global financial industry that is the parasite; and this isn't American - it's an international cartel.

5. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Vince took the words right out of my mouth...

6. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    This gave me a little chuckle. I just got through with dealing with someone who had stolen my credit card information and was going on a shopping spree in expensive suburban Moscow shopping malls. apparently he was very fond of McDonalds and Apple computers, and coffee shops.

7. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    Look, I'm not saying that Russia doesn't have its own problems with corruption, but I can only speak for my own country from personal experience as a contractor that the good old boy system is in full effect.
    It's not what you know but who you know.

#8 lafever, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  8. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh I totally agree and it a valid topic. I just think Putin is the last person on the planet that should be chiding anyone about corruption. He's a civil servant. How does man who is a government employee, amass one of the largest fortunes in Europe? Sources estimate his net worth in the billions of dollars.

9. blondetwink11

blondetwink11 Active Member

Albums:
    I have to agree. Putin created the post of prime minister so that he can still stay in power. Also, you mentioned China has had a taste of corrupt money. Russia, is corrupt to the core. You can buy off anyone. A woman who published a list of the 20 richest men in Russia, was assassinated in the street. Because every single person on that list acquired their assests through illegal channels. Also, they "caught" the assassin. And he was found not guilty. Russia is the perfect example of corruption.

10. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    He learned from the U.S., but now the americans have become competition to his profits with china.

11. ronin001

Gold Member

Albums:
    The norman body requires parasites to operate properly, remove the parasites and the body will grow sickly and fail.

Remove Mr. Putin and most of Russia and who the hell cares as they have always failed

12. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think it matters if Putin is "out of line" in saying what he said. The truth is the truth no matter where/who it comes from.

Draft saved Draft deleted