Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jun 12 2005, 06:46 AM
Well, when you start a thread to launch an attack on someone who's MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS, perhaps it would be reasonable to expect a little nitpicking in return, no? You guys had your little fun and DMW apologised and explained his reasons, but there was no acceptance of that apology or acknowledgement of your rudeness, so what the hell do you guys want?

One might expect that if you're criticising grammar, you might try to spell "literature" right, but we have evidence that it is not so.
[post=319857]Quoted post[/post]​
A small typo, Jana...bfd. I was typing at 5:43 as I was getting ready to go to work.
I know literature is spelled with an I, not an E. DMW never really apologized, he glossed over the fact of what he did this time. We weren't rude, we simply pointed out some inconsistencies. Too bad that the board's biggest poster was the one who got called out. Just because he has a fan club doesn't mean that he can't be wrong. Let me tell you that there's still a big undercurrent of those who don't believe him. The attacks still continue against me, Dee, and Kim, as witnessed in this thread.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by prepstudinsc+Jun 12 2005, 09:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prepstudinsc &#064; Jun 12 2005, 09:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh come on...I think that you&#39;ve made a few grammatical errors, too, so I wouldn&#39;t be so quick to judge. Even if English is not your first language, it is what you do supposedly have a degree in English leterature and are supposedly getting a doctorate in it. I would expect that one&#39;s command of it would be stellar and free from flaws, but we have proof that it&#39;s not, so don&#39;t start in.[/b]

You expect too much. As humans, we can strive for perfection, but the best we can hope for is to obtain proficiency. I am proficient in seven languages and can read four more, but to be free of flaws is something that not even masters of the English language like Churchill, Hogben and Tolkien could claim. I have made errors in English, and I freely admit it; I&#39;m human.

It&#39;s rather obvious why Dee was explaining some of his therapist techniques, too bad you didn&#39;t understand the need for them.

He can explain them if he wants, but he needs not direct the explanation at me. I am not in need of psychological evaluation from someone who has no respect for me. However, if I ever need more salad dressing, a clean napkin, or a refill of Diet Coke while dining out in Lexington, I shall certainly keep Dee in mind.

Too bad that the board&#39;s biggest poster was the one who got called out. Just because he has a fan club doesn&#39;t mean that he can&#39;t be wrong. Let me tell you that there&#39;s still a big undercurrent of those who don&#39;t believe him.

I&#39;m not looking for a fan club, and who does or doesn&#39;t believe me is not of much consequence one way or the other. Who I am will not change because of accusations levelled at me by you and Tweedledee. That I have friends here is enough; I don&#39;t seek fans.

The attacks still continue against me, Dee, and Kim, as witnessed in this thread.

I have never attacked Kim&#33; She has been nice and respectful to me, and I respect her in kind, and I&#39;m sure she knows that. If you can interpret anything that I have posted as an insult to Kim, it&#39;s only because you&#39;re willing to invent faults where there are none. As for &#39;attacking&#39; you and Dee ... Pot? Kettle?

<!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora

but there was no acceptance of that apology or acknowledgement of your rudeness, so what the hell do you guys want?[/quote]

Tweedledee and the Stiffmonger admit their rudeness? Now I think you expect too much. Jana&#33; Yeah, I apologised, and Dee eventually acknowledged it, but they will not admit to rudeness. Strange for one who works with domestic violence victims and disgruntled diners and another who works with bereaved mourners to display such abrasive personalities. Am I rude at times? Yes, but I admit it. Bluntness is an asset when working with high school students. But I will be how I am by nature, and they will be themselves, and the world will go on. I can deal with minor irritants.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Oh, sweetheart. Here&#39;s a thought -- a perfectly good one that I need to hear at the time. Wylie and Markowitz wrote in a 1992 Psychotherapy Networker article that therapy should become a means of making an income -- a living -- as opposed to being a way of life. Trust me: I&#39;m actually pleased as punch that I&#39;m not in "therapy" mode or "waiting tables" mode all the time because it would be really exhausting to smile and/or be attentive exclusively to other people for the full course of the day. Really, I try to have fun at both jobs no matter how stressful things get -- and I think I do okay. I&#39;m actually surprised that someone of your professional standing would make such a careless insinuation. People are allowed to have "work selves" and "off-work selves" that are perfectly in sync with each other.

Besides, if you were going to be an inexcusably rude customer, Jacinto, you wouldn&#39;t be the first to walk through the door. I try to give good service to each and every table, but I&#39;m not able getting a manager involved and explaining in plain English that things are going terribly wrong. Or I would ask a non-busy server if I could transfer the table. Either way, you won&#39;t be my problem.

And if I&#39;m in dire need of some male ass grinding on my crotch, well, I like my men to be a little taller than you, chief. :D

ANYWAY...

I know that I&#39;ve been participating in the jabfest as well as you can see clearly above here, but I really don&#39;t understand why people are taking all this stuff so seriously. I understand that people are getting frustrated seeing DMW&#39;s crew and my crew bicker back and forth. For the love of chocolate, why not just bind my hand to DMW&#39;s, throw on the slick pleather jackets, and let us settle this in a good ol&#39; fashioned switchblade rumble?

Kim, I know you don&#39;t like being a mediator in all this, and I certainly don&#39;t expect you to take on that role. Now that DMW feels... I dunno... more free with himself or socially emancipated or something, he&#39;s taken it upon himself to become a little more vocal with his jabs toward me, and that&#39;s something that, to my knowledge, hasn&#39;t happened beyond little nitpickey slight messages in his posts. If his friends want to jump in, that&#39;s fine.

And really, I say, "Bring it." This is clearly not a matter of who is on or off my "favourite people&#39;s list." Rather, it&#39;s all a futile attempt to get me stirred up, irritated, aggravated, and agitated.

In fact, after Jon and I exchanged smartass comments, I didn&#39;t intend to visit this thread except to chuckle a bit at some of the confessionals I&#39;ve seen on here.

(Lament to threadjacking: I thought it was interesting to hear ways in which to warn your fellating partner that you&#39;re going to spooge it, but the interest just seemed to sink too quickly. Our fault for threadjacking? Maybe. I don&#39;t know.)

And, in fact, the only reason why I came back was when a clever poster sent me a message referring to DMW&#39;s snipe/insult toward waiting tables as "snob-jobbery." (Great word, by the way&#33; I&#39;ll have to remember it.)

As for my last jab to the boy, yeah, it was a jab but it was also a recognition that he chose not to correct me.

Just like we choose to scuffle. So? I don&#39;t think there&#39;s anything wrong or incompatible about people on here liking us for who we are, and that we grant ourselves a little extra immaturity if and when we fight.

So long as we&#39;re consciously choosing to participate in these scuffles as opposed to tossing that tired, infantile "He started it fiiiiiiiirst&#33;", it&#39;s okay. And for the record, DMW, if you&#39;re using "Well, we all know how he feels about me..." as your excuse for fighting back, you really need some backbone. Instead of making yourself out to be a victim of my words to you, own your willingness to say mean things back to me. You&#39;re not just reacting; you&#39;re choosing to participate just like I did.

And honestly, if we get a little too deep in making each other looking bad, by all means knock our heads together&#33; :D

To end with a "therapeutic note," though: There&#39;s some sort of magic involved when you&#39;re able to step outside of your emotional reactivity and your contempt and your bad feelings so that you can how the system operates as a whole. Just step back and look. &#39;Cause when you understand why everyone&#39;s getting their feathers ruffled and realize why people are getting upset, irritated, and so on, then... you just see it and you know it. And for me, that helps me stay cool and calm; that&#39;s why I laugh at these altercations instead of getting upset by them.

And that&#39;s not to disparage people who are really upset at this tension. It&#39;s good to acknowledge it, and it&#39;s even better to make that point known. I guess my "systemic lens" lets me stay minimally involved in all the drama, and considering that I&#39;ve got real world stuff that worries me enough, the chuckle I get out of this crap is somewhat helpful. So, that&#39;s my advice. Just step back. Step out of the ring of reactivity &#39;cause all that does is get you riled up, and people start teaming up on either side, and then all the cartoon mallets and POWs&#33; and BLAMs&#33; and PLONKs&#33; start flying.

Moratorium noted.

[Need to have the last word also noted.] :hug:

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone expecting jabs from me in this post is going to be disappointed.

Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@Jun 12 2005, 08:21 PM
And, in fact, the only reason why I came back was when a clever poster sent me a message referring to DMW&#39;s snipe/insult toward waiting tables as "snob-jobbery."

There was no snipe or insult ... well, at least not explicitly. Waiting tables is an honest job, and I&#39;m sure that many will see it as consiberably more honourable than taking off one&#39;s clothes and shaking his hoo-hoo at a bunch of drunks like I used to do. I was simply saying that your skills as a waiter would be of more value to me than those as a therapist. Why? Read on...

And for the record, DMW, if you&#39;re using "Well, we all know how he feels about me..." as your excuse for fighting back, you really need some backbone.

I wasn&#39;t using it as an excuse for fighting back. I&#39;ll willing admit that I participated of my own volition. I was commenting that receiving &#39;therapy&#39; from someone who admittedly dislikes you is obviously not advisable. That&#39;s all.

If you&#39;re serious about the moratorium, I&#39;m all for it.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@Jun 12 2005, 08:21 PM
Besides, if you were going to be an inexcusably rude customer, Jacinto, you wouldn&#39;t be the first to walk through the door.

Just for the record, I&#39;m a waiter&#39;s wet dream. My friends complain about the fact that I&#39;m almost always generous in tipping regardless of how shitty the service is. And no, I&#39;m not implying that you would give shitty service. And I don&#39;t practise ass-grinding on waiters: that&#39;s bad decorum even in disreputable restaurants, and much more so in establishments that have cloth rather than paper napkins.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I waited tables back in the college days too and overtipping for life has been the carry-over. I go out to enjoy my time and if I get good service or at least adequate, I&#39;m thrilled silly.

I&#39;m glad to see we&#39;re now talking about grinding and spooging though, let&#39;s keep up the good work&#33;

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
At a minimum, I&#39;m a twenty-percent&#39;er. Will tip considerably more for outstanding service or the handling of a difficult situation or problem with aplomb. I will even tip 20% when the food sucks. The waitperson didn&#39;t do the cooking. On the other hand, I have in rare situations, tipped less, but never without calmly explaining to the waitperson WHY. The food service industry has got to be one of the toughest jobs on the planet. I know, that&#39;s how I got through college.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Good to hear that. I know that servers really get their full income from their tips since their paychecks are often absorbed into tax, so I try to be mindful. I can tolerate slow food or even food that doesn&#39;t taste all that great -- as long as they keep my beverage full, I&#39;m usually more than satisfied.

So, here&#39;s the story. A "thank you, it was good" usually makes an expectation of 15%. Use the word "excellent" around me, and I think I&#39;m getting 20%. Tips include food AND/OR alcohol. The real burn is hearing something to the effect of either and getting a crappy tip -- and, whether this is a crack against Kentucky folks or not, this happens more than often. I know I&#39;m preaching to the choir, but compliments won&#39;t pay my bills. :D

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, tip jars are usually not at places where table service is being done, so they&#39;re already making an hourly wage- I don&#39;t do that either. However, I will tip at buffets if a server brings my drinks and clears plates, usually 15 to 20% instead of more for full service.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
The ex said I was quiet during sex. I said I was concentratin on the task at hand, which I was. Three hours of non stop sex with never takin it out (and not comin at the end of it) takes concentration. I would have cum probably if she weren&#39;t so much like a &#39;dead lay&#39;. Although I know she liked it ;)

Anyway I&#39;m not very vocal but I love it when girls are. Most vocal I get is a few grunts or heavy breathin :D

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Knight@Jun 12 2005, 11:11 PM
The ex said I was quiet during sex. I said I was concentratin on the task at hand, which I was. Three hours of non stop sex with never takin it out (and not comin at the end of it) takes concentration. I would have cum probably if she weren&#39;t so much like a &#39;dead lay&#39;. Although I know she liked it ;)

Anyway I&#39;m not very vocal but I love it when girls are. Most vocal I get is a few grunts or heavy breathin :D
[post=319981]Quoted post[/post]​

Three hours of non-stop sex and she was a dead lay? Are you sure she wasn&#39;t just dead? *swoons and falls off chair* Damn, I would have been singing your name in Japanese and baking you brownies afterward&#33;

hung_big:
Originally posted by madame_zora+Jun 12 2005, 09:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Jun 12 2005, 09:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Knight@Jun 12 2005, 11:11 PM
The ex said I was quiet during sex.  I said I was concentratin on the task at hand, which I was.  Three hours of non stop sex with never takin it out (and not comin at the end of it) takes concentration.  I would have cum probably if she weren&#39;t so much like a &#39;dead lay&#39;.  Although I know she liked it ;)

Anyway I&#39;m not very vocal but I love it when girls are.  Most vocal I get is a few grunts or heavy breathin :D
[post=319981]Quoted post[/post]​

Three hours of non-stop sex and she was a dead lay? Are you sure she wasn&#39;t just dead? *swoons and falls off chair* Damn, I would have been singing your name in Japanese and baking you brownies afterward&#33;
[post=320003]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I couldn&#39;t have put it more.........."eloquently" Jana :)

I concur with her, Chris.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jun 13 2005, 01:04 AM
Three hours of non-stop sex and she was a dead lay? Are you sure she wasn&#39;t just dead?

And that&#39;s the one that he kept getting back together with&#33; Sometimes I just don&#39;t understand straight boys&#33;

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Jun 13 2005, 03:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Jun 13 2005, 03:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Jun 13 2005, 01:04 AM
Three hours of non-stop sex and she was a dead lay? Are you sure she wasn&#39;t just dead?

And that&#39;s the one that he kept getting back together with&#33; Sometimes I just don&#39;t understand straight boys&#33;
[post=320028]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Well, in Knight&#39;s defense, it was his first, and we all remember how powerful first love/sex can be. Still baby boy, I hope your next one has a pulse.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If Knight wants one who doesn&#39;t have a pulse, just come to the "Stiffmonger", I can hook him up with plenty... :evilgrin:

Really, Jacinto, you need to come up with somthing better than that little jab. Let&#39;s have a little english lesson here. A monger is a dealer in a specific commodity or a peddler, a salesman--a fishmonger sells fish, an iron monger deals in iron, etc. It would seem as if I sold "stiffs" being that I am now the resident stiffmonger, but being that you are the resident ex-stripper man, you are probably more suited for that title than me.

(BTW, the word monger is of Middle English origin "mongere", from the Old English mangere, and derives from the Latin mango, which means slave dealer, and is originally of Greek derivation. useless factoid for the day)

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Well when I say dead lay I really mean that all she ever wanted to do was me on top. Me on top for three hours, at least on the couch makes my knees red raw. It was painful lol but there were some good sensations in other parts of the body ;)

There was the occasional &#39;fuck me&#39; and &#39;I&#39;m cummmmmmING ahh&#39; but I just really didn&#39;t like one dimension sex. More positions would have been nice. I&#39;ll see if I can find a girl up for that :D

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jun 13 2005, 03:20 AM
Ahem, in case you haven&#39;t noticed, Dee and Jacinto have agreed to drop it, why don&#39;t you follow suit?
[post=320074]Quoted post[/post]​

Ahem, why don&#39;t you stay out of it.