voicemails are annoying in the age of texting

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it really necessary to leave a voicemail now that we can send/receive text messages?

It is a pain in the ass logging into your voicemail system and screwing around punching buttons and trying to listen to messages that could have easily been sent via text.

Granted, sometimes a voicemail is necessary. But by and large, you can get a helluva lot more accomplished, and more quickly and efficiently, by texting.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
i prefer texting, but i like it when i get a detailed message on my voicemail so i know whether or not the person just needed to tell me some information or if they need me to call them back. i let people know exactly what im calling about and sometimes i dont even need a return call and i let them know that too.

"hey the number for heavenly pizza palace is --------, their large pizza is twelve dollars and each extra topping is a dollar, you dont have to call me back, bye"

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"hey the number for heavenly pizza palace is --------, their large pizza is twelve dollars and each extra topping is a dollar, you dont have to call me back, bye"

thanks alot; now i have a craving for pizza.

The nice thing is that you can multitask when you are returning texts and perform other activities. Stumbling through voicemail requires all of your attention; and sometimes the messages break up or you can't distinguish the words real well.

I prefer them as my cell phone makes reply texting take much longer than simply calling back. It's also not as easy to multitask (like walking down a busy street) and text at the same time.

I like texting, just don't find it all that necessary for my communications purposes.

Sinnerly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not to flaunt my phone, but the iphone has visual voicemail. that means you pick the voicemail you want to hear out of a list and you can play any part of it or the whole thing and you don't have to wait and listen through other messages. I prefer texting though, but i would REALLY enjoy a sort of voice texting. Just recording a voice message to send, without the chance of them answering.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Texts are annoying in the age of voicemail. I don't text.