Voices (I Hear Voices...)

gigantikok: It'd be interesting to be able to place a voice behind a s/n, but I'm kinda shy so I don't think I'll be participating in the voice chat... :-[

awellhungboi: Well, Gig, in real life I'm extremely quiet and shy.  I'm like a male version of Amelie.  My contribution last night consisted mainly of typing "lol" and various smilies at appropriate moments--and I still had a great time!  It's fun to hear everyone's voices, and meet those who maybe don't post a lot on the board.  So if you feel like it next time, I hope you'll join in!

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think I missed having lots of fun last night with the talk and hopefully after I get my audio driver working, there'll be another 'get-together' that I'll be able to participate in.

Luke

gigantikok: Well, I guess what I meant is that I'm too shy to want to use a mic, but it'd be fun to join the chat sometime. I guess I'm just regularly busy on Friday nights and when you guys plan it.

jackinman: [quote author=Monstro link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=40#41 date=09/13/03 at 18:16:03]Well, Gig, in real life I'm extremely quiet and shy. I'm like a male version of Amelie. My contribution last night consisted mainly of typing "lol" and various smilies at appropriate moments--and I still had a great time! It's fun to hear everyone's voices, and meet those who maybe don't post a lot on the board. So if you feel like it next time, I hope you'll join in! [/quote]

I'm with you Monstro, a person doesn't have to talk if they don't want to. I had a great time also and hardly spoke.
So Gig please join us next time.

H8Monga: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=20#39 date=09/13/03 at 06:08:28]I hear a lot more voices now after last night...   :D[/quote]

I was indeed disturbing... ;)

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Monstro wrote:
I'm like a male version of Amelie.

Monstro,
Don't worry, Amélie est très jolie. (Like every Amélie fan, I had a drink in the Montmartre pub she "worked" at - close to Place Pigalle - , and of course, I took a picture of the Collignon grocery - somewhere on rue des Abbesses  ;D)

Raal L'ex-tourist

GreenEyes: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=40#40 date=09/13/03 at 17:48:17]It'd be interesting to be able to place a voice behind a s/n, but I'm kinda shy so I don't think I'll be participating in the voice chat... :-[[/quote]

Pouts gigantikok you should have just gone. You could have been like AJ in telling us he didn't have speakers or mic or like geo who had speakers but no mic.

It was a nice time and I was glad I got to hear some of the voices behind the words.

longtimelurker: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=20#31 date=09/09/03 at 16:28:59]Public school (UK) = Private school (US), correct, longtimelurker?

7x6&C[/quote]

Sorry I didn't see this earlier

Not quite -  Public school = fee paying school that anyone can attend (if you have the cash!)
Private school = school which you have to be INVITED to attend (and then you'd prob. have to pay, anyway!)

Too be fair, though - true private schools don't exist very often and the terminology gets mixed up quite a lot now, anyway.

awellhungboi: Ah, Raal, I wish I were in Montmartre right now, quaffing a beverage in Amelie's cafe. Especially since Hurricane Isabel appears to be making a beeline right for North Carolina!

And for all my fellow shy people, you don't have to talk on the mic if you don't want to.

rikter8: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=0#8 date=09/06/03 at 09:09:02]I'm addicted to voice chat - why haven't we done it Paul?? Lawdy!....oh, might be that I'm logged into the wrong yahoo ID[/quote]

I always had a mid-vocal level voice. Never could go down really low.

Course, then again during voice chat, everybody thinks im Cheech from cheech and Chong..... :)

I generally got Ron Howard alot...but CHEECH??!
Eh man....somebody sniffin that special reindeer dust man....oh yea...little bit more....and a Leeettle bit moore...

rikter8: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=40#40 date=09/13/03 at 17:48:17]It'd be interesting to be able to place a voice behind a s/n, but I'm kinda shy so I don't think I'll be participating in the voice chat... :-[[/quote]

Its a Hoot. Really good folks, chattin about good stuff.
If nothin else, pop in and listen.
Once you hear what we chat and laugh about...its kinda irresistable.
I definitely had fun.

C

7x6andchg: I'm so glad to hear everyone enjoyed hearing voices...it definitely makes me want to organize the next one.
Everyone start your voice exercises now! :D

7x6&C

GreenEyes: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=40#52 date=09/14/03 at 13:27:26]I'm so glad to hear everyone enjoyed hearing voices...it definitely makes me want to organize the next one.
Everyone start your voice exercises now!   :D

7x6&C[/quote]

la la la la la la la me me mi mi mi figaro figaro....

OK 7 I am ready.... did the oral exercises .. so tell me when.

;D

7x6andchg: Shooting for the 10th of October at this point.

sammygirly: :D

No, no!
I said Chong - not Cheech!

Dave's not here man....

awellhungboi: October 10 works for me, Paul. Count me in. I'm ready to hear some Australian (and British, and European) accents!

AnonyMs: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1062842327;start=40#57 date=09/14/03 at 19:04:09]And while you're chatting, I'll probably be here catching up on reading posts and fielding IMs from other members that are not chat capable.[/quote]
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

7x6andchg: Yes, DMW, why? :( Are you a Mac user, too?

At least everyone who can get into the room can type...