Voices that make you melt...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love this place. Everyone has such amazing musical taste.

Sting is one of a kind, but I also love Eva Cassidy's Fields of Gold.

I agree. Karen Carpenter had an amazing voice. I often wonder where it would have taken her.

Yes, indeed. Why can't people sing like that anymore. Everyone is so overproduced that you don't get that kind of intimacy in a performance anymore.

Thats why I like YouTube. So much raw stuff on there. Here is YouTube's Ysabellabrave channeling Peggie Lee. You don't get much more intimate than a desklamp, a cheezy microphone and camera.

Also, I might add the Fado singer, Mariza. This is a voice one could get totally lost in.

Don't forget Sade's inspiration Astrud Gilberto.

Iwant you to go back and sample some of AMy Winehouse. Her most recent stuff takes you straight back to The Ronnettes or The Shangri las She is witty and wicked. Check out 'F... me pumps!". "Im no good" and "Rehab" LOL!
YouTube - Amy Winehouse - Rehab
YouTube - Amy Winehouse -You Know I'm No Good=
YouTube - F**k me pumps - Amy Winehouse=

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some of my favorites...

Habib Koite - (any song)
Vusi Mahlasela - (any song)
Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music - More Than This and Avalon
Morrissey - any song

Hey! I like Amy Winehouse a lot too, especially "Rehab" (although women's voices don't *usually* make me melt - but Sade and Loreena McKennitt are exceptions to that...)

Oh, and most songs by Dead Can Dance, too!

(I'm a music lover of very eclectic tastes... oh, and I love Nat King Cole, too!)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ian, don't even go there! You know we are talking about music. Dont bring your man crushes into this! LOL! :biggrin1:

Oh, sorry, Naught-- I didn't know it was about music.

I think Michael Buble has a hot sounding singing voice. (Patrick Warburton's speaking voice makes me wanna drop the Safeguard and get helium heels.:wink: )

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
Please tell me you have heard of Jeff Buckley as well! None of my friends ever have a clue who I am talking about, frankly people with bad music taste are frustrating. ;)
hahaha yes I sure have. Jeff Buckley had such an amazing voice.
Though it makes me sad that your friends don't know who he is. It would be such a shame if a voice like his didn't live on

circumstances

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK... why do so many men seem to like Kate Bush' "This Woman's work"? I think its kinda neat, but I want to know why...
I just went and listened to it on YouTube. I haven't heard Kate Bush in years, but I think she is an amazing artist. A four octave range, a beautifully sensual voice (especially when she comes down out of the stratosphere), and wonderful control.

This Woman's Work is kind of sentimental, but the musicianship is world class. Do you have a problem with it? Too sappy maybe?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just went and listened to it on YouTube. I haven't heard Kate Bush in years, but I think she is an amazing artist. A four octave range, a beautifully sensual voice (especially when she comes down out of the stratosphere), and wonderful control.

This Woman's Work is kind of sentimental, but the musicianship is world class. Do you have a problem with it? Too sappy maybe?

No actually I love it. I just was intrigued that so many men love it.

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wow... I just spent the better part of two hours in this thread alone. Great music, all around! All of my 30% LOVES Amy Winehouse... ;) But seriously, she's an awesome vocalist and very real.

Still love Sarah McLaughlan and Josh Groban... Can't believe I've never listened to Andrea Bocelli before... Vibeke Stene is apparently amazing... Holy shit ~

Great thread everyone!

Here's another one I liked: YouTube - Not A Pretty Girl - Ani DiFranco - CSI