Volunteering

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Balance1771, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Balance1771

Balance1771 New Member

Howdy folks,

I wanted to start a post on volunteering - mostly because I am always interested in learning about worthwhile projects and activities. In the past I have managed and participated in a variety of programs, and I currently tutor every-other weekend. I will have some more time in the future and would love to take on something else.

If you volunteer, could you share what kinds of projects you're involved in? What is the time commitment? Is there a website to check out?

Thanks again for being a great group! I am looking forward to hearing the responses.

2. jay_too

jay_too New Member

I am a sometimes volunteer at a church run afterschool. Because of late afternoon seminars, the only possible day I can volunteer is Friday. However, I sometimes have to work on Fridays.

There is always reading and then discussing a story. Their insights and what they take from a child's book can be profound. Yea, they internalize the story and mix it with their experience and VOILA!

A friend talked me into helping out years ago. For me it has been a great investment.

jay

Draft saved Draft deleted