• Highway to Hell/ AC/DC

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Welcome to the Jungle / GNR

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Master of Puppets/Metallica

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I was gonna say Metallica's 'Nothing Else Matters' - but I dunno if it counts as heavy? lol.

Quite like Apocalyptica's death-cello version. :p

Also like Queensryche's 'Silent Lucidity',
and GN'R 'November Rain'.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's too Extreme, Haze. ;) (sorry)

And where's Rolf Harris' version of Stairway to Heaven? :biggrin1:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think a better poll would have been "What is your preferred metal subgenre?" That would have required a large number of choices, but it's absolutely do-able, and it's not nearly as subjective as "Best so-and-so." Hell, I refuse to even acknowledge AC/DC or Guns 'n' Roses as metal. I may be able to semi-accept GNR if I'm in a good mood, but never AC/DC.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Zuehul, I think you should do another poll with more choices:). When I posted this, I should have included "My" somewhere in the title. Anyways, go Ozzy!!!!! In the end, I think metal is metal even though there is a new subgenre out everyday. Back in the day, metal bands hated being "categorized" and complained about it endlessly during interviews. Now they seem to automatically look for it.
Will you also consider starting a poll for Groundbreaking Guitar Gods? I cannot even imagine who I would select. Hendrix or Page I suppose. I think you know more about metal than most here and could do a great job. I am going to do a thread on the whole Satanic thing Norway seems to be insane over. Love to see your comments on it.