VP Debate Moderator needs to be removed

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I thought no one won the Debate.

The avoidance of the Economy - the issue the debate was PROMOTED as covering, and clearly the most pressing issue on the minds of voters was avoided.

I am Sure Obama AND McCain had spent their time preparing to debate the economy...
But events were unfolding far too fast for EITHER of them to be able to say anything that would not be an embarrassment within hours.

So they switched topics at the last minute to one they had NOT prepared for.

In this situation, it is no surprise that McCain's much longer experience and military service helped him come off better...

However... McCain's POSITIONS were STILL beating the drum of Continuing with the policy that has NOT been working.

He COULD have won the debate handily if he had proposed some drastic re-thinking of middle east policy and HOW to war on terrorism.

That he did not made him seem old and out of touch with current events ....

Stuck in his mind in his own war ( Vietnam ) and eager to prove HE could have won it.

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If Ifill mentions her book the she looses all credibility, If Palin does well the Libs will all say Ifill was soft on her, If Biden does well the Repub. will say Ifill was hard on her.

Does Ifill have a interest if Obama wins, Yes! If McCain wins her book will be recycled into TP.

So who's going to do well, It doesn't matter because we'll have our own spin and then you'll curse in all you posts anyways.

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

She was universally praised as impartial tonight, from the left and from the right. While her book praises Obama, Obama was not the one debating tonight.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I couldn't care less about Ifill's Book........what I would have liked I fill to do is insist that Palin answer at least ONE of the questions posed to her....

what about would you like to know? or do you just care about the logistics of a debate? i can fill you in on her (or Biden) on where they stand on pretty much everything. it's all already out there.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what about would you like to know? or do you just care about the logistics of a debate? i can fill you in on her (or Biden) on where they stand on pretty much everything. it's all already out there.
I know plenty........it was hard to ascertain what Governor Palin knew because she refused to answer the quetions posed to her and spoke in banal generalitites

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Palin was drilled prior to the debate-
Because they only knew the topic, and not specific questions and how they would be phrased, Palin was coached to memorize very broad platitudes that could be applied to a broad range of possible questions.

Biden was drilled, too- but in specific information only- leaving the phrasing and usage of information up to him.

Biden was clearly responsive to the specific questions asked - whereas Palin spouted memorized catch-phrases meant to mollify rather than inform.

Of the two- Biden came across as an informed member of his party with lots of experience.

And Palin came across as a trained poodle.

The WINKING was just so condescendingly a Pageant trick

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Because they only knew the topic, and not specific questions and how they would be phrased, Palin was coached to memorize very broad platitudes that could be applied to a broad range of possible questions.

Biden was drilled, too- but in specific information only- leaving the phrasing and usage of information up to him.

Biden was clearly responsive to the specific questions asked - whereas Palin spouted memorized catch-phrases meant to mollify rather than inform.

Of the two- Biden came across as an informed member of his party with lots of experience.

The winking made me throw up in my mouth a little........Was she winking at Gwen Ifill????

pym

Just Browsing
Media

That is exactly the same 'Debate' i saw too.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gwen was surprisingly very fair to both candidates. I'm pretty pleased.

Concur. Sans the cadre of questions. A favorable lean and emphasis on questions that the left cares more about. But good thing some righties (not McCain or the GOP) called her out and kept her in check. I'm sure her book will sell well... for those that have the money to buy it.

D

deleted213967

Concur. Sans the cadre of questions. A favorable lean and emphasis on questions that the left cares more about. But good thing some righties (not McCain or the GOP) called her out and kept her in check. I'm sure her book will sell well... for those that have the money to buy it.

Although we all know where Gwen stands, I find it entertaining to compare her approach to journalism with that of Olbermann: a study in contrasts.

One objection: I'd never seen a classy black woman dress distastefully until last night.

WTF was that hideous teal-ish drapery she had thrown on herself?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Of course she was drilled. You could tell when a topic was brought up that she was not as well prepared for. Then she looked a bit like a deer in the headlights and resorted to changing the focus back to what she had been prepared to speak about, justified with some bullshit line about "you're not going to make me talk about what you want me to talk about."

Good "smoke and mirrors" act. But aside from regurgitating party campaigning points, of little real substance.

Last edited: