VP Debates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_cigarbabe, Oct 2, 2008.

1. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Will Sarah Palin ever answer one single question that she has been asked tonight?
    I haven't seen anything thats says she will.
    Gwen keeps saying "Governor you still didn't answer the question".
    Uh no kidding!
    cigarbabe:saevil:

2. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

Oh Golly, you betcha doggone it...*wink* Sarah Palin looks like she is perfectly ready to compete at a high level with the best they can throw at her. The problem is the best I'm referring to is a game show. The vice presidency is not Jeopardy.

Her head was so filled with coached answers (including the order to be folksy) that I was seeing a programmed robot answering only the questions she was vaguely comfortable answering. If Gwen asked a question about economics, Palin, operating in an alternate universe, would answer "I'd like to re-address the energy question." On Iraq and Afghanistan she was clearly out of her element. For ninety minutes Sarah Palin was a tightly wound pseudo-relaxed candidate with memorized lines spouting them off like a child would recite the preamble to the United States Constitution before a grade school class. This is not thoughtful intelligence.

Now that we're in baseball's play-off season, someone at the Sedona debate school probably told Sarah Palin to wait for the right moment and zing Joe Biden with the memorable baseball line, "say it ain't so, Joe."

Joe Biden went into the debate with two strikes against him, simply being a male and being a sixty-something political veteran. He ended up hitting a grand slam homer. All through the debate he was a consummate gentleman, but one has to believe he was internally saying :bryce:

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    she made my HEAD EXPLODE!

4. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

She did dodge a couple questions; but for the most part she was quite adept at delivering McCain's message. Keep in mind, she's only been at this for 5 weeks. I believe she probably picked up some undecideds.

It will be difficult to overcome the bus shuttling service Obama is putting together for inner cities and colleges though.

5. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    "Well, I'm not goin' to answer the question that you asked, Gwen, because, doggone it, Joe Six-Pack needs to hear about how John McCain is a maverick and we're concerned about our enemies gettin' nucular weapons and also you bet we're a team of mavericks and hockey moms and, ya know, John McCain is a maverick."

You have just heard Sarah Palin's contribution to the debate.

6. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I thought to myself "if I had a shot of whisky for every time she said "maverick" i'd be hungover until Sunday". :biggrin1:

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    You forgot to add her fu*#g WINKS at the camera, cal.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Considering that she's supposed to have "more experience" than Obama, this is not an excuse. She had to participate in debates before. Nothing in her overall task changes. The only difference is that the stage is bigger.

She did hold her own, better than ANYONE would have expected. However, if I had to say one thing about her demeanor on stage is that the "nice, cute girl" routine got really tired after a while. This is a Presidential Debate and she's running for Vice President, not for the role of Emmy Jo on the New Zoo Revue. Once was fine, and in someways cute. After that it was just annoying. Especially since this new decorum for Palin-speak is much different than her rather scathing and sarcastic voice back at the RNC. I didn't fall for that nice girl routine one bit.

9. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

The Lost In Space robot has more original critical thinking than Sarah Palin. :confused:

10. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Very quotable. The best that I could do was to remember a bit of dialogue from The Simpsons, when Homer is waiting for Moe to get him out of jail and overhears him talk to his girlfriend about going to Hawaii:
    Homer: Hawaii? What about Hawaii? Moe? Who's going to Hawaii? Am I going to Hawaii?

Chief Wiggum: Stop saying Hawaii in there!
    Or, in the same vein:
    Homer: Ooh, gummi bears! Gummi calves' heads! Gummi jaw breakers! Ohh. . . .What's that?

Man with German accent: That is the rarest gummi of them all, the gummi Venus de Milo, carved by gummi artisans who work exclusively in the medium of gummi.

Marge: Will you two stop saying "gummi" so much?

11. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fuckin' A I thought she was winkin' at me.

12. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Zing!

+1 VinylBoy

13. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

More experience in delegating not in talkng bullshit.

14. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw blips of it online... I didnt watch all of it.

The clips I did see made me want to vomit all over her.
    Atypical rehearsed Garbage... If it wasn't on the teleprompter...she didnt answer it.

Total waste of taxpayer dollars. Hang the bitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted