Vulgar language, common

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I admit to using vulgar language in at least one posting. But it was really done for affect. In real life, I don't curse and find it pretty vulgar. But every once in a while, I hear people being able to cuss up a storm like it's
no body's business. Of course when I am really angry or really in pain..
of course I can blow off steam...but thats about it. I think I was influenced when I was a kid, I heard it from some older relatives and thought how vulgar..I would not want to be that vulgar when I grow up.

Anyway...just wanted to hear from anyone that say something like "Fuck that shit", "Mother Fucker" or "Cunt Bastard" ...without blinking an eye,
(Again, I am using the above expression for entertainment value only, do not mean to offend anyone-including myself)

B_cyrus

Just Browsing
Media
Anyway...just wanted to hear from anyone that say something like "Fuck that shit", "Mother Fucker" or "Cunt Bastard" ...without blinking an eye,
(Again, I am using the above expression for entertainment value only, do not mean to offend anyone-including myself)

Apologies are cheap. I'm appalled that you would use that language on this board. Never before in these forums has anyone dared to write something so disgustingly vulgar. Shame on you.

diamond

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, come have a sitting with a few of my italian g/f's every other word is F**k this or that!!!! Geez, I don't swear at work, hence I get my relief outside of work amongst friends?:eek:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
This subject came up for me last night - my older brothers were kind enough to desensitize me to swearing when I was pretty much a toddler. I try to maintain a fairly polite persona on here though. :wink:

Typical way I talk;
"Yeh man, I'll be over in 5 minutes, I've just got to fuckin' finish sorting my garden... Yeh, yeh, I'm sweatin' like a fuckin' bastard, shouldn't take me long though dude... a'ight when I'm done with this shit I'll get going, catch you later."

That's my 'friend talk', swearing just doesn't register with me. It's not so bad until I do it in front of a child without realising it, then I feel bad. :redface:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't curse unless I get angry.

In the drive thru at the bank yesterday I asked the teller why it was taking so long. 10 minues to make a cash deposit. what pissed me off was that she was obviously doing other work at the drive up window. When I spoke to the manager she said 'wer're busy, Okay"?, I said I dont want people doing other shit while I'm waiting for a simple deposit. I dont even know if she heard me it one of those microphone things you have to talk into.

When I see it on here when other people use it I do not find it offensive.
I don't curse for no reason, and think that people who do are a little vulgar.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
... just wanted to hear from anyone that say something like "F--- that shit", "M----- F-----" or "C--- Bastard" ...without blinking an eye, ...
The words above that I obscured are the one's I avoid. I'll use shit and damn quite a bit and sometimes goddamn but that's where I usually draw the line.

Analogous to what SpeedoGuy wrote, the more they're used the less impact they have.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My use of so-called "vulgar" language varies depending on what situation I'm in. When I'm around people I know it would offend, I avoid using it. I also think it's inappropriate in most professional situations.

However, when I'm relaxed and at my most authentic around my lover, open-minded friends, or online, I must confess I curse like a sailor. But I haven't had anyone complain. I think Artful (my partner) actually enjoys the contrast of sweet personality & feminine appearance vs. my colorful language.

Online, I know some people may be offended, but I feel like LPSG and Bondage.com are some of the only places I can be completely myself, so I'm not going to censor my style of expression. I figure if someone doesn't like my vocabulary; they can easily block me.

Finally, I'll say that I believe "dirty" words are a matter of perspective -- they are just words, and they only have as much power as we give them.

Horny Alex

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would never swear in public but found recently that I have tourettes syndrome, which manifests itself in many ways, such as vile cursing and outbursts at the most inappropriate time. I was an Episcopal minister, and had to give up my church in Scotland last year. My friends are very understanding but in a church environment one cannot lapse into wild cursing, especially at some serious moment while officiating a wedding or funeral. I came to the states a year ago and have a new career where cursing isn't frowned upon so much. Someone who suffers with tourettes disorder doesn't even know what they said or may say. I have been told that I can out curse a drunken sailor. If I had to be afflicted with a disorder however I much prefer tourettes over a lot of other maladies, such as AID's or leprosy.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I prefer not to be around vulgar language myself. Lately, there have been a number of posts using offensive language, too, really for no reason it seems. After all, one already gets the idea before the offensive terms appear that the poster is upset, angry, ticked off.

I can overlook the more common "sexual terminology" I suppose (to some degree) in our discussions, although personally, I try to avoid vernacular descriptions in my posts. I prefer penis to C_ _ _ and intercourse to
F _ _ _ _ _ G. But, maybe that's just me, gentleman that I try to be.

But it's the misuse of words, terms, NAMES deemed respected and Holy that I really find offensive. :mad:

It just seems consideration of others would be respected (and remembered) when given a choice to carelessly use sacredly-held terms.

So. --Is THAT really asking too much of others?

Horny Alex

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hello Benderten,

Your sanctimoniuus thread set me off in another tourettes outburst, which I can't remember and no one who heard it will repeat it for me. I am sure I must have cursed a blue streak, for which I apologize.

Cheers, Horny Alex

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
"Hello Benderten,

Your sanctimoniuus thread set me off in another tourettes outburst, which I can't remember and no one who heard it will repeat it for me. I am sure I must have cursed a blue streak, for which I apologize.

Cheers, Horny Alex"

You did? ---I don't recall it! :confused:

But, I really appreciate your apology. Thank you.

*For the record, I have heard of tourettes syndrome and I do have emphathy and make allowances for what can't sometimes be controlled or managed voluntarily. I've learned much by working in the medical field.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've been known to swear in private and amongst friends, but I will not do so in public and have walked off from friends doing so out in public places with very few exceptions. I do have a very good friend who uses "f***" for every other word. I have learned to be a little more tolerant with him, and he has learned to tone it down a little with me.

I find swearing in public, especially in front of children and the elderly, or people like my parents, to be tasteless and rude. Standing in a grocery line or at a restaurant and having to listen to someone swearing the whole time immediately makes me think "Jerry Springer Trailer Trash".

I always try to ignore swear words used to emphasize someone's point in conversation or a post and concentrate on what is important, but I admit that it there is a part of me that instinctively views that person's stance with less respect than I would otherwise give. Something about it makes me feel as though they have somehow lost control of their feelings or arguement. That probably isn't very clear, but I don't quite know how to describe it.

To this day I have sworn in front of my parents twice. None of us kids even uses the words "crap" or "sucks" out of love and respect for them. In private and in bed I can have a real potty mouth, but it is with people I know, and when I am with friends who don't swear I will not either because I see no reason to make them uncomfortable.

Everyone insists on freedom of speech, but to me there is something to be said for being able to express yourself in an elegant way without having to shove your freedoms down someone's throat.

Just my humble opinion.

montanaguy

Sexy Member
Media
I normally don't use four and seven letter words when actually talking to someone, either in person or on the phone, but I have used them when chatting online via any of the various instant messaging programs, but usually only if I'm upset about something.

About the only people that I can't stand being around are those that have a limited vocabulary and every other word coming out of their mouth has to be some profanity, because they don't have the knowledge to use other words to express themselves, namely people who come from other countries where English is not their mother-tongue. There have been times when I've wanted to tell them to go back home, learn English first, before coming back here, but I haven't ever done so.