Vuvuzela.

DickDarlington

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What are you talking about?
They're a pain! It's a constant buzz like a flock of bees.
You can't hear the crowd cheering at all, and it distracts the players.

I like it - must be annoying for the players tho, I agree. I'm even more partial to the supporters' brass band that follows England around, hehe. ;)

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I want them banned! I can filter out the footballness and commentary from the background TV, but that constant drone dives me mad after about five minutes. God knows how the people actually there cope with it.

And while we're at it, can we please ban those fucking whistles from the Notting Hill Carnival? I mean, there you are trying to groove to the rhythms in the street and some moron is going Peep! Peep! in your ear?

Fabulous word though - VUVUZELA!

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can filter out the footballness and commentary from the background TV, but that constant drone dives me mad after about five minutes. God knows how the people actually there cope with it.
My thoughts exactly. If I had to listen to that for an entire day, I'd turn into a drunken hooligan flipping cars and breaking shit, too.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ABC World News just did a story about this. They said they sound like hornets on steroids. 127 decibels worth of noise would drive me crazy.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Absolutely detracts from the viewing/listening pleasure of these games
BAN the bloody things .. for ALL Matches

NZ had a similar thing with Drums from the Islands beating all the way thru the local/Aussie Warriors Rugby Leauge Games..drove folk CRAZY...they stopped it
Gimmicky'

I dont know how on earth those visitors who have paid to get into the venues
can stand the racket..
Can only assume FIFA dont want to lose face' by selling the items and then banning them as well?? ha..idiots to allow it to dominate the Commentaries tho
enz

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh come off it. You think every fan loves to hear stupid, pseduo clever songs that English fans sing? What if I hated Samba music and drums, should we ban them from Mondial 2014 in Brazil?

If anything, they add an element of intensity to the games, like it's a battle rather than a 22 man fall-like-they've-been-shot-from-a-slight-touch-overpaid-sissy-boys kickabout. If you don't like going to world cup games with them blaring, sell your tickets. I know dozens of people who would take your spot and go to the game without complaining.

Absolutely detracts from the viewing/listening pleasure of these games
BAN the bloody things .. for ALL Matches

NZ had a similar thing with Drums from the Islands beating all the way thru the local/Aussie Warriors Rugby Leauge Games..drove folk CRAZY...they stopped it
Gimmicky'

I dont know how on earth those visitors who have paid to get into the venues
can stand the racket..
Can only assume FIFA dont want to lose face' by selling the items and then banning them as well?? ha..idiots to allow it to dominate the Commentaries tho
enz

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It's ruining the World Cup for me. And no, I am not an England fan.

Call me old fashioned, but this is the World Cup, when I watch Switzerland, I want to hear the cow bells, when I watch Brazil, I want to hear the samba, I'd even rather listen to USA USA, or In gurrr land, than this awful monotone drone.

Variety is what it's supposed to celebrate and this is supposed to be the Rainbow Nation hosting. The fucking thing is shit shit shit.

Thank you, Rant over. Till the next game. :smile:

Last edited: