W-2's and 1040s

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Thoraxis_Biggulp, Jan 28, 2007.

1. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

Anybody here filed for their tax returns yet? Anyone putting it off until the last minute?
    I'm still waiting on a couple more of mine to come in the mail. Because of temp agency work, I have... *counts in head*... 7 W-2s to file, and I've only received 4 or 5 so far.

2. dannymawg

Gold Member

"Only the little people pay taxes" - Leona Helmsley :tongue:

3. mindseye

Gold Member

I've filled out the paperwork (so that I know what I'm getting back and can plan accordingly), but I haven't filed yet.

4. chris4869

chris4869 New Member

Albums:
    I haven't received my W-2 either. I used to hate filing my tax because I used to do it myself. For the past three years, I have been doing it online, and I can't imagine ever doing it any other ways.

I like to do mine right away when I get my W-2 forms. Good luck in finding the rest of your W-2s, and may you not be one of those "little people" who pay too much taxes (unlike me). I think Uncle Sam got my number on speed dial. =P

5. viking1

Gold Member

My tax accountant e-filed mine yesterday. I didn't want to wait just in case I do have to have surgery on my back for a ruptured disk. I might forget to file and end with a big fine.

6. smoothrnb

Gold Member

Albums:
    I filed mine last week. I usually wait, but decided since I had everything to go ahead and file. I got my state refund in three days....:eek:

7. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

I certianly wish you all the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery:biggrin1:

I'll probably do mine sometime this week, right after I get that busted water pipe fixed under my house.:rolleyes:
    It's a minor leak, but an annoyance, nonetheless.

8. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Normally, I'm one of the first to file. I have it all here but just haven't done it. I have been sorting through other financial matters and workman's comp stuff.

9. chicagosam

Gold Member

I have everything I need to do it. Now I just have to do it.:biggrin1:

10. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have to wait for all of mine to come in, including from my employer...
    They postmark it the very LAST day that it's due, and make it really fun to try and get it filed.

I think this year I'll be either going to the IRS's website, or purchasing Turbotax.

11. jfrsndvs

jfrsndvs Member

Albums:
    got my W-2, and got my taxes filed, and my refund should be in the bank by Friday, according to the irs status, thank god for direct deposit.

12. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mama got paid. :tongue: Now she needs a little papa to spoil with her new found monies.

Form a line, boys. Form a line.

13. agnslz

Gold Member

I'm just waiting for my 1040EZ packet to arrive. I got my 1099-MISC form last week (I'm not currently employed, but I have other income), and my sister gave me her unneeded state tax forms and instructions booklet today (she went to a professional preparer). I've always done my own taxes, and have also did them for my sisters in years past. It's easier when you don't have enough income to actually pay taxes, and are only claiming credits and refunds, I guess!:redface::tongue: I probably will get about $340 total this year from state and federal. Woohoo!:biggrin:

14. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I'm waiting for my last W-2 to come in. My last restaurant job had sent it out, but the post office has been wonky the past couple of months regarding a forward to my new mailbox. I hope I get it soon. I've been itching to get them done. I used Completetax last year; I get a return user's discount if I use them again, which I will.

15. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

Fuck, did you have to bring this up?
    I just lost my hardon.

Draft saved Draft deleted