W-2's and 1040s

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Anybody here filed for their tax returns yet? Anyone putting it off until the last minute?
I'm still waiting on a couple more of mine to come in the mail. Because of temp agency work, I have... *counts in head*... 7 W-2s to file, and I've only received 4 or 5 so far.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've filled out the paperwork (so that I know what I'm getting back and can plan accordingly), but I haven't filed yet.

chris4869

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I haven't received my W-2 either. I used to hate filing my tax because I used to do it myself. For the past three years, I have been doing it online, and I can't imagine ever doing it any other ways.

I like to do mine right away when I get my W-2 forms. Good luck in finding the rest of your W-2s, and may you not be one of those "little people" who pay too much taxes (unlike me). I think Uncle Sam got my number on speed dial. =P

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My tax accountant e-filed mine yesterday. I didn't want to wait just in case I do have to have surgery on my back for a ruptured disk. I might forget to file and end with a big fine.

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I filed mine last week. I usually wait, but decided since I had everything to go ahead and file. I got my state refund in three days....:eek:

jdcnow

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My tax accountant e-filed mine yesterday. I didn't want to wait just in case I do have to have surgery on my back for a ruptured disk. I might forget to file and end with a big fine.

I certianly wish you all the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery:biggrin1:

I'll probably do mine sometime this week, right after I get that busted water pipe fixed under my house.:rolleyes:
It's a minor leak, but an annoyance, nonetheless.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have to wait for all of mine to come in, including from my employer...
They postmark it the very LAST day that it's due, and make it really fun to try and get it filed.

I think this year I'll be either going to the IRS's website, or purchasing Turbotax.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I'm just waiting for my 1040EZ packet to arrive. I got my 1099-MISC form last week (I'm not currently employed, but I have other income), and my sister gave me her unneeded state tax forms and instructions booklet today (she went to a professional preparer). I've always done my own taxes, and have also did them for my sisters in years past. It's easier when you don't have enough income to actually pay taxes, and are only claiming credits and refunds, I guess!:redface::tongue: I probably will get about $340 total this year from state and federal. Woohoo!:biggrin:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm waiting for my last W-2 to come in. My last restaurant job had sent it out, but the post office has been wonky the past couple of months regarding a forward to my new mailbox. I hope I get it soon. I've been itching to get them done. I used Completetax last year; I get a return user's discount if I use them again, which I will.