Waiting for God!!!

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
After talking to a friend a few weeks ago, made me think....

If you could meet God for an hour, what questions would you ask him/her?

I think my first question would be.......WHY?

What would you ask?

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm

Considering I do not have the same concept of "God" as most people, I don't know what I would say.

The bible says we were created in "God's" image. Which image is that? The amoeba?

So, a little twist, the question I would like most answered is why "God" didn't set everyone straight as to who, what, where, how and when "God" is.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
“Yo homie, what the fuck is up with you allowing all of these fake gods to be alleged over the years instead of just appearing yourself? Why would you sit back and watch Jewish/Christian/Muslim bloodbaths to continue for centuries instead of just appearing and putting an end to the countless horrific atrocities?”

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think more interesting would be the questions he would ask me rather than the questions i would ask him. Give me a grade on my life so far and how i can improve as a person.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After talking to a friend a few weeks ago, made me think...If you could meet God for an hour, what questions would you ask him/her? I think my first question would be.......WHY? What would you ask?
What wouldn't I ask!? From the inane and silly to the typical and serious. I'd probably have more questions than he would have time to answer in just an hour.
  1. What's the deal with the duck-billed platypus?
  2. Why do you let people kill and start wars in your name?
  3. Were you playing skeeball in Asbury Park on the morning of 9/11/01? Why did you let that happen? :12: :irked:
  4. Why did you let my mother think that my half sisters death was her fault for so many years? It really fucked her up and screwed with my childhood.
  5. Why do men cheat?
  6. Who really killed John F. Kennedy and why?
  7. Do profoundly evil and psychopathically disturbed people serve a purpose?
  8. Are there really prophets among us? I don't believe there are. I think most are just shysters scamming people for money.
  9. Where do you stand on the death penalty?
  10. Was Jesus secretly married to Mary Magdalene?
  11. Did he have children with Mary Magdalene or any other woman?
  12. What's the deal with honey bees and CCD - Colony Collapse Disorder? What can we do to fix it?
  13. Which of the known and practised religions today is closest to what you intended people to do?
  14. Of all the creatures to survive for multiple millenia why the shark and the cockroach?
  15. If you are omnipotent why don't you put an end to world hunger, child abuse, and the many other horrors of the world?
  16. Why did you let me date that putz, Ed for so long? :mad:

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What wouldn't I ask!? From the inane and silly to the typical and serious. I'd probably have more questions than he would have time to answer in just an hour.
  1. What's the deal with the duck-billed platypus?
  2. Why do you let people kill and start wars in your name?
  3. Were you playing skeeball in Asbury Park on the morning of 9/11/01? Why did you let that happen? :12: :irked:
  4. Why did you let my mother think that my half sisters death was her fault for so many years? It really fucked her up and screwed with my childhood.
  5. Why do men cheat?
  6. Who really killed John F. Kennedy and why?
  7. Do profoundly evil and psychopathically disturbed people serve a purpose?
  8. Are there really prophets among us? I don't believe there are. I think most are just shysters scamming people for money.
  9. Where do you stand on the death penalty?
  10. Was Jesus secretly married to Mary Magdalene?
  11. Did he have children with Mary Magdalene or any other woman?
  12. What's the deal with honey bees and CCD - Colony Collapse Disorder? What can we do to fix it?
  13. Which of the known and practised religions today is closest to what you intended people to do?
  14. Of all the creatures to survive for multiple millenia why the shark and the cockroach?
  15. If you are omnipotent why don't you put an end to world hunger, child abuse, and the many other horrors of the world?
  16. Why did you let me date that putz, Ed for so long? :mad:

I would like to thank you , but we don't have a thank you button, so I will say in person.......Thank you!

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I have a flood of questions for God, and none of them start with "Why", because it's the most irrelevant question there is. If I understand why things are the way they are, things are the way they are. If I don't understand why things are the way they are, they're still the way they are. "Why?" is the best question one can ask as a delaying tactic when there's something unpleasant to be done.

The first one is, "How am I doing?" The second is, "You got a job for me?" Anything else, for me, falls under the category of "Would be nice to know".

oldriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I firmly believe there is no god, no heaven, no hell, no devil. The only thing that matters is what we do, right now, on earth and, when we are gone, that's it.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like NJ's questions! The duck-billed platypus one cracked me up. :biggrin1:

Having grown up around fundamentalists for most of my life, most of my questions would be surrounding that, and especially about the sexism and repression that fundamentalists endorse. (And while I was raised around fundamentalist Christians, fundamentalists of ALL religions would be included in my questions...)

oldriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My natural, biological father died many years ago, then my mother married my step-father, who died a few years ago also. Both men were wonderful, kind, loyal, religious (as my mother was) men, of the same religion (presbyterians).

Now, (and I don't want to ask my mother this) when SHE dies and (she thinks) goes to this religious heaven, who does her "soul" run up and kiss first?

My biological father, the father of my brother and me, or the other man that she married later? I'd like to think that she runs up and kisses my natural, biological father first.

Then, when they sleep together in their "heaven," who does my mother sleep with? (Or do dead "souls" sleep?) Endless questions about christianity.

Anybody have any theories about this?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey NJQT what great questions.
Thanks, I'm not sure they are great questions but they are things I think about periodically.

I would like to thank you , but we don't have a thank you button, so I will say in person.......Thank you!
You're welcome. Though I have to admit some of my questions seem silly in comparison to those of other people.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
..... Endless questions about christianity.

Anybody have any theories about this?

I can make a great case showing the alleged Jesus is nothing more than a rip-off of the Krishna story if you are interested. The alleged Jesus was far from the first alleged savior god and his alleged story is a carbon-copy of the Krishna story with a Jesus label slapped on it. Others with like savior god stories predate Krishna as well starting with Mithra of Egypt.