Waiting for God!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can make a great case showing the alleged Jesus is nothing more than a rip-off of the Krishna story if you are interested. The alleged Jesus was far from the first alleged savior god and his alleged story is a carbon-copy of the Krishna story with a Jesus label slapped on it. Others with like savior god stories predate Krishna as well starting with Mithra of Egypt.
:eek:fftopic:

I can't be the only one with questions. :confused:

1. Why is the male sea horse the only male creature to get pregnant?
  2. Why do good things happen to bad people and vice versa?
  3. Are we truly meant to learn something from all of lifes experiences? Don't things just sort of happen sometimes for no apparent reason.
  4. Why do I have such poor eye hand coordination?
  5. If it's true that people who are unlucky at cards are lucky in love, then why haven't I met 'The One' yet? As you know I am lousy at cards and most games of chance. I also don't like gambling.
  6. What can I do to improve my quality of life and that of my loved ones?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:eek:fftopic:

I can't be the only one with questions. :confused:

1. Why is the male sea horse the only male creature to get pregnant?
  2. Why do good things happen to bad people and vice versa?
  3. Are we truly meant to learn something from all of lifes experiences? Don't things just sort of happen sometimes for no apparent reason.
  4. Why do I have such poor eye hand coordination?
  5. If it's true that people who are unlucky at cards are lucky in love, then why haven't I met 'The One' yet? As you know I am lousy at cards and most games of chance. I also don't like gambling.
  6. What can I do to improve my quality of life and that of my loved ones?
Your questions were fine and very interesting i might add.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
My natural, biological father died many years ago, then my mother married my step-father, who died a few years ago also. Both men were wonderful, kind, loyal, religious (as my mother was) men, of the same religion (presbyterians).

Now, (and I don't want to ask my mother this) when SHE dies and (she thinks) goes to this religious heaven, who does her "soul" run up and kiss first?

My biological father, the father of my brother and me, or the other man that she married later? I'd like to think that she runs up and kisses my natural, biological father first.

Then, when they sleep together in their "heaven," who does my mother sleep with? (Or do dead "souls" sleep?) Endless questions about christianity.

Anybody have any theories about this?
My father was considered by his other preacher peers to know as much about the Bible as anyone around. I don't know about that, but I know he studied the Bible in great detail. This is what he taught me:

Human beings are carnal. We are like the animals in our wordly bodies. Indeed, we share as I understand it 75 % of the same DNA with the chips. Part of being an animal is having a reproductive system. But according to my understanding of the Bible, when we die we leave these bodies behind. We have spiritual bodies in heaven. Sex is something that only mortal beings have an innate desire to do. In heaven there is "undonditional love."
Unconditional love is a love that loves regardless of any circumstance. We love others as much or more than we love ourselves. As Christians go through life, they are suppose to be growing more and more like God who at least to me an example of unconditional love. The Bible has other imagtes of God. Why? Because people wrote the Bible and described God as they understood him to be.

Back to the question. if we accept the idea of unconditional love, which is a wonderful concept, we understand that our spirits will have only unconditional love for all people then we will love everybody in heaven just the same. Since there is no sex drive as we know it in heaven, we will love and remember people who we knew here on earth. But in heaven, being capable of complete love, we will love everyne the same.

According to my understanding of the Bible, God chose to create humans with the capability to make choices. If we all chose to go to heaven, then it wouldn't be a choice.

About hell, hell wa a place outside the walls of Jeruslam. It was the dump for Jersuslalem. A fire continued burning 24/7 every day-. That is because new trash was being added every day. In the Bible I believe that is a figureative word. It indicates that God gets rid of the rubbish here in on earth. I don't believe that people who don't want to go to heaven burn in hell for eternity with any consciousness. All evil, all injustice, all pain, all envy, all hatred, and the list goes on will be "consumed" which in our day can interpret to mean "cease to exist."

About the consciousness of non believers. I beleive that God (Jesus as I understand Him to be) goes to every person and gives them a chance to get to know God..

Many people beleive that God continues working with peole even after they ha have died. It is a journey, in the end all of us will be perfect. We will be completely free of jealousy, envy, hatred, etc.

What about all the evil and trouble in the world? l I know or believe is that we all have the journey to make. Along the way we have all kinds of events, good and bad, joyful, sorrowful.

Consider perspective. What we think is important while making this part of the journey, may be totally and completely not important at all in the next world.

There is no way I can even begin to releally explain my answers to your question. I'm not sure it wouldn't take a multi volume set completly.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Has no one read Hick's reply?? He has a damn good point!

I have a flood of questions for God, and none of them start with "Why", because it's the most irrelevant question there is. If I understand why things are the way they are, things are the way they are. If I don't understand why things are the way they are, they're still the way they are. "Why?" is the best question one can ask as a delaying tactic when there's something unpleasant to be done.

I think my question would be something along the lines of 'how can I help?' - if anyone can give me a good answer to that it is God. Anyway - think about it - what is the point asking God questions? Would you really want to steer the conversation when you have an all-seeing, all-knowing infinite entity across the table? Wouldn't it make more sense just to ask "What do I need to know?"

then why haven't I met 'The One' yet?

Ah, NJ - 2 things - who says you haven't? Maybe you have and you just haven't noticed yet. And also this capitalising of 'The One' makes you sound like a fucking Matrix character. Chill, babe, personally I can never find my car keys til I stop looking for them, know what I'm saying?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Has no one read Hick's reply?? He has a damn good point!

I think my question would be something along the lines of 'how can I help?' - if anyone can give me a good answer to that it is God. Anyway - think about it - what is the point asking God questions? Would you really want to steer the conversation when you have an all-seeing, all-knowing infinite entity across the table? Wouldn't it make more sense just to ask "What do I need to know?"

Not for me, I have questions on things like the immense suffering of trillions of beings throughout history that I would want answered before I would even wanna hear anything else this god had to say.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I'd ask him what it's like being a fictional character. :biggrin1:

An omnipotent/omniscient should have no problem making any human understand anything.

That's a paradox many religious people fail to explain. Nothing can be both omnipotent and omniscient by sheer definition; they're mutually exclusive.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd ask him what it's like being a fictional character. :biggrin1:

That's a paradox many religious people fail to explain. Nothing can be both omnipotent and omniscient by sheer definition; they're mutually exclusive.

I don’t understand your statement, why couldn’t god(s) be both all-powerful and all-knowing?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I don’t understand your statement, why couldn’t god(s) be both all-powerful and all-knowing?

"Does God know what will happen tomorrow? If he does, can he change it?"

If yes, he knows what will happen and can change it, then he is not omniscient.
If no, he knows what will happen and cannot change it, then he is not omnipotent.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My natural, biological father died many years ago, then my mother married my step-father, who died a few years ago also. Both men were wonderful, kind, loyal, religious (as my mother was) men, of the same religion (presbyterians).

Now, (and I don't want to ask my mother this) when SHE dies and (she thinks) goes to this religious heaven, who does her "soul" run up and kiss first?

My biological father, the father of my brother and me, or the other man that she married later? I'd like to think that she runs up and kisses my natural, biological father first.

Then, when they sleep together in their "heaven," who does my mother sleep with? (Or do dead "souls" sleep?) Endless questions about christianity.

Anybody have any theories about this?

I wonder about that myself...in fact my sister & I were discussing this vry topic 3 days ago...

I would also ask God:

What is my purpose for being here?
How close is the bible to what you really wanted us to know?
What makes you happy?

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

If no, he knows what will happen and cannot change it, then he is not omnipotent.

not exactly true - just because He doesn't change it doesn't mean He CAN'T...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

You lost me at the bolded bit, dude - that does not follow. Edit: Oh wait - hang on - you mean if He changes it then He has changed what He saw and therefore was not all seeing? If that is what you mean then you are also wrong - He sees all possible outcomes and could, if He so desired, direct those outcomes. But He chooses to give us our free will - the most difficult and precious gift He has given us. That's my take on it - others are, of course, free to believe something else. :smile:

not exactly true - just because He doesn't change it doesn't mean He CAN'T...

That too. :cool:

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'd do a service for my fellow LPSG member and get some answers to these burning questions-

Why was Big D banned?

Does PE really work?
What do women prefer? Girth or length?
Why doesn't penis size relate to body size?
Are you cut?
Should I sleep with my best friend's girlfriend?
Is Obama a fifth-columner for Al Queda?
Take a look at my photos. I'm I hung?
Which do you prefer, speedos or trunks?
What's the best way to show a bulge?
Will NJQT find The One?
Who is the new moderator?