Wanda Sykes Workin' It Girl! For the Prez.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HellsKitchenmanNYC, May 11, 2009.

1. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. dreamer20

Gold Member

It was posted yesterday by willtom27::smile:

3. pym

pym New Member

It is worth a look.....i am pretty sure i saw Warren Buffet squirming in his seat at one point......i think his asshole puckered-up! :eek:

4. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

It made my nuts draw up

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Loved the reference about torture wherein Wanda says she can "break" Sean Hannity just by making him sit in a center seat in coach. As for the Rush Limbowel Syndrome references, I don't think she went far enough.

6. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I thought the reference to Limbaugh was insensitive- not in that it was unfair to Limbaugh, but just in that the 9/11 attacks are simply not funny in that way.

Those attacks are not just the horror of the event... they predicated a 7 year period of US darkness and failures.
    They led to the undermining of our constitution and civil rights, the raiding of our treasury, the killing of half a million innocent people, the US become torturer and Gulag operator, and the collapse of the world economy, causing untolled suffering around the world.

All of that was why that particular joke fell flat.

Although, I agree that Rush has been party to pushing all of the negative consequences of that event...

It also fails in the Rush would never have the moral or religious conviction and courage to lay his own fat ass on the line for his beliefs...

In that, he does not even RISE to the ethical level of the hijackers.
    He's just bile filled opportunistic windbag, raking cash off of people's fears and hatreds.

As despicable as the hijackers were... at least they stood for something they were willing to back with their own lives.

Limbaugh, Cheney, Bush et all... conspicuous by their cowardice and consuming self interest.
    All of them, even LESS than terrorists.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Rather inappropriate comments about Limbaugh & Palin. But I still laughed.
    That's why she's a comedian and not a politician.

8. midlifebear

Gold Member

Call me an insensitive clod, but I thought the remark about Palin was right on target. I can't remember a time when I was a young gay male that someone thought it was "insensitive" to make a cruel joke at my expense about my "immorality and diseased homosexual mind" --- and they were almost always made by the "holier than thou" crowd. If HellsKitchenManinNY hadn't posted the links to Wanda Syke's routine, I would never had seen it. Spaniards don't have monologist stand up comics in the same tradition as the USA. It's one of the things I LOVE ABOUT THE USA AND MY FELLOW 'MERICUHNS!!!!!!! I do miss David Letterman. But the time wasted being entertained by Letterman has been put to good use improving my catalán.

Draft saved Draft deleted