Wank Fodder and Appropriateness

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uh, no. No it shouldn't.

N00bs aren't deserving of courtesy or the benefit of doubt?
We should presume all men posting here are slavering wankers until they prove otherwise?

Yes and no. I'm of the mindset that the first few posts of anyone new should be contributory in nature and after the first 50 or so posts, they should have the ability to start a new thread. Granted, my third post was of a thread I started here, I think people should get a feel for the poster and his/her motivation before they answer the question for this specific reason.

Are you telling us that when you first joined here all you sought from the women was masturbatory material? It's been my impression that when you came to this site you were already an intelligent man with a genuine curiosity about sex and seeking healthy discussions about it.

Actually, there were gaps in my involvement with lpsg because I couldn't get a good feel for the intentions of a lot of the posters. A lot of liars, braggers, men posing as women, idiots just here for a laugh (and giving horrible advice), etc. Believe it or not, it was Dolfette's post here and literotica (simultaneously) that convinced me this was the time and place to be more active here.

There's a risk of creating a clique or of being snobs with my line of thinking, but maintaining some semblance of quality should be a must for a forum like this. I just started getting interested in the world wide web just at the tail end of the alt.sex.wizards days and I guess the magic of reading those archives is what I've started seeing here.

(On a sidenote, part of that magic for me left with the banning of Mademoiselle Rouge and MickeyLee)

Assuming the worst about someones intention's simply because we don't know them is a poor life philosophy. This isn't a dark alley with ominous footfalls echoing behind us. It's a message board. Text. No threat.

We should be less tetchy and more willing to give people a chance.

Absolutely correct. You've made me feel very welcome here (in the Women's Issue sub-forum) and I really like that, but I believe a healthy balance of your openness and dolfette's surliness, for example (I've come to realize dofette is a sweetheart and just doesn't want to come across that way), creates that ying-yang welcoming with a touch of apprehension I think this place needs to maintain that "standard".

Even when I was brand new here, the way that you worded your questions always made you seem genuinely curious about sex, not like a creep. You've never seemed like a creep. I think that's the vibe that tends to put the women off here in the women's forum.

Thanks! It really takes a lot of proofreading on my part to make sure I get my point clear without sounding like a pervert or too academic.

Last edited:

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Even when I was brand new here, the way that you worded your questions always made you seem genuinely curious about sex, not like a creep. You've never seemed like a creep. I think that's the vibe that tends to put the women off here in the women's forum.

It makes it hard for us that aren't creeps to talk to any women online, believe me. A lot of women are rightly jaded and skeptical of any guy that tries to talk to them, so it becomes tough if you're not one of those and want to talk to someone.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
RawDog I have never considered anything you ask wank fodder. You ask questions and you seem very interested in our answers and you always come back with something new and interesting to discuss. I agree 100% with Petite.

Though I have not spoken with you before MercyfulFate you don't seem to be looking for fodder. You provided me with a new fetish to read about today :eek:)

I am going to add that the majority of the time I do not look at anyones post as wank fodder.

Last edited by a moderator:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RawDog I have never considered anything you ask wank fodder. You ask questions and you seem very interested in our answers and you always come back with something new and interesting to discuss. I agree 100% with Petite.

Thanks. I think something else I purposely do to make women more secure is mentioning how much I love my wife, and how much of what I ask is to help my sexual "skills" to be a better lover.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Though I have not spoken with you before MercyfulFate you don't seem to be looking for fodder. You provided me with a new fetish to read about today :eek:)

I am going to add that the majority of the time I do not look at anyones post as wank fodder.

Glad to broaden your horizons!