Want to get rid of sexual desire

blazblue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You need to pursue girls who are outside your social circle, that way it cuts down on the pressure if something should go wrong and you wouldn't have to worry about running into her or her friends afterwards.

We're friends with someone who is doing online dating because he also suffers from shyness. He decided to employ a total honesty strategy. He put everything he thought was odd or unusual or might cause women to reject him right on his profile. So he included his unusual musical tastes, his addiction to video games, his addiction to campy movies. He said he figured that if a woman read his profile and was still interested, then that meant that he wouldn't be wasting his time. It's been working out for him! He's attracted women who like the weird things that wouldn't attract most women. You could try that strategy. Put it right on your profile that you're so shy that you blush. Someone might find your shyness endearing.

sounds good to me lol :biggrin1:

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wow! I pretty much had this conversation with my best friend last night. He too is very shy, and a little dorky, but he's also very genuine and sweet- and that's what I love about him because I know why we're friends. He loves me, and I love him- that's that. He sees me in this great light because I'm sexually active, and I'm charismatic, and silly- I could go on! =)

He hasn't had sex in over 4 years. He's never really had a girlfriend. He dated a girl once, but it wasn't the girl he wanted. The girl he wanted, he passed up- fearing that if it's something he wants, he shouldn't have it. He's about to graduate this Spring, and is actually kicking himself because he feels that he's missed out on college experiences, and he believes that there's something wrong with him. And he's right, there's something wrong with you both. You both seem to have this idea that everyone is supposed to have romantic relationships, and crazy sex, and God knows what else in order to constitute awesome college years. Life is what you make it. Who are you keeping score with?

The funny part of it all is that I met my best friend 3 years ago, and he's had a great impact on molding me to the person I am today. And I had to point that out to him- I wouldn't really be me without him. He should take pride in that, and realize that there's not something wrong with him- we all have our insecurities and our flaws. Just accept you for you. Like you for you. Realize that you're honest with yourself, and you don't fit the mold- AND THAT'S OKAY! We all go through low moments in life, you just gotta keep your head held high. It's okay to break down from time to time- everything in life does at some point, but you gotta keep it together and keep it moving. So instead of putting pressure on romantic interest, make it casual. If you meet a nice girl, be you- you seem like a nice guy.

And Counseling does sound like a good idea. You need to speak to someone, even if it's a friend. You're like a bowling pot, just spewing over the sides. You need to unload a little. And don't think that just because you're doing it, you're complaining or even wrong for doing it. Venting is very healthy!

Last edited: