War Between the States

If the American Civil War were fought today, who would win or would you like to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The North would still win for the same reasons it won last time. Mostly industrialized vs. the mostly rural South. Not nearly as pronounced as it was 100 years ago, but it's still there. Also the capital, financial and intellectual, is concentrated in the Northeast and always has been.

Imagine if the South had won and seceded from the US leaving us with two countries instead of one. A weaker, smaller "Northern" US probably wouldn't have been able to help the Allies defeat Hitler and Hitler would have won WWII. Imagine what the world would be like today if that were the case.

So the Southern whiners can chew on that -- had they won, the world would be a MUCH worse place, not only for the delayed abolition of US slavery, but also entrenched worldwide fascism.

Last edited:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
The North would still win for the same reasons it won last time. Mostly industrialized vs. the mostly rural South. Not nearly as pronounced as it was 100 years ago, but it's still there. Also the capital, financial and intellectual, is concentrated in the Northeast and always has been.

Imagine if the South had won and seceded from the US leaving us with two countries instead of one. A weaker, smaller "Northern" US probably wouldn't have been able to help the Allies defeat Hitler and Hitler would have won WWII. Imagine what the world would be like today if that were the case.

So the Southern whiners can chew on that -- had they won, the world would be a MUCH worse place, not only for the delayed abolition of US slavery, but also entrenched worldwide fascism.

Who's whining that the south should have won?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Someone posed a question to the general membership and I answered. That's why it's called a discussion board.

It hardly took "all that energy" to write 3 short paragraphs. If you feel it wasted your energy to read it, then I suggest you not read any more of my posts.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/13/history.alqaida

Meanwhile in the imaginary world of bi_in_socal Al Queda, although founded in 1988, was somehow present and helped the following regions gain their independence::cool:

Al Qaeda...

Their goal would be to carve out an independent Islamic state. Much like they've done in San Francisco.

the Phillipines, India, Spain, Sudan etc etc etc

Phillipines? India?

Do tell.

Pakistan and Mindanao

Which was Islamic before the Spaniards arrived with christianity.

Can we look forward to a plate full of anti Islamic bile from you.

Based on the amount of anti Islamic tripe bi_in_socal has already spewed the probability of that occurrence is extremely high.:rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
believe the fellow (and I may be subject to correction on this) is simply trying to point to an anticipated result of having large numbers of Muslims migrate into the USA, based on both history, and current reportage

for this, he is an imputed racist?

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Someone posed a question to the general membership and I answered. That's why it's called a discussion board.

It hardly took "all that energy" to write 3 short paragraphs. If you feel it wasted your energy to read it, then I suggest you not read any more of my posts.

I don't read a lot of the posts put up by super sensitive people.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It is part of the Phillipines, point blank period.

Your self-delusions is scary.

Are scary. Also please show enough respect to spell the country's name correctly.

Greece was part of the Ottoman Empire. I suppose they were subversive terrorists for carrying on with Christanity and wanting independence?

Slovenia, Croatia etc were part of Yugoslavia, the Central Asian States part of the USSR, is your view of history so myopic, your view of the world so US/West centric?

Israel was part of very many empires and countries before being re-founded. Yet I don't recall you having a problem with that.

They were islamic before the enforcement of the Philippines under christian Spain, they managed to maintain their culture and heritage through the colonial period and are now reasserting a measure of their independence in the post colonial era as many others are around the world.

Your ignorance is expected.

B_bi_in_socal

Just Browsing
Media
Are scary. Also please show enough respect to spell the country's name correctly.

Greece was part of the Ottoman Empire. I suppose they were subversive terrorists for carrying on with Christanity and wanting independence?

Slovenia, Croatia etc were part of Yugoslavia, the Central Asian States part of the USSR, is your view of history so myopic, your view of the world so US/West centric?

Israel was part of very many empires and countries before being re-founded. Yet I don't recall you having a problem with that.

They were islamic before the enforcement of the Philippines under christian Spain, they managed to maintain their culture and heritage through the colonial period and are now reasserting a measure of their independence in the post colonial era as many others are around the world.

Your ignorance is expected.

Well shit, if this is your point then the Jews and Judaism were in Israel LONG before Mohammed was ever born so tell those islamic extremists to shut the fuck up and Israel has the right to boot muslims not only out of Israel, but out of Palestine, Syria and Jordan as well.

And Iraq belongs to all of mankind since it's the cradle of civilization which legitimizes the war in Iraq under the banner of "We got here first!"

The west is just taking back what was ours in the first place!

And since my ancestors are indigenous to this land, get the fuck out of my country!

Now do you want to have a real discussion?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't read a lot of the posts put up by super sensitive people.

You asked me a question and I answered it. If you didn't want to hear the answer you shouldn't have asked.

When I ask someone a question and they answer me, my typical response is "Thank you."

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
And since my ancestors are indigenous to this land, get the fuck out of my country!

I am not in your country, halfwit.

You are a very confused person, your double standards are so ingrained and you clearly don't have the intelligence to recognise them.

You need to be civilised to have any claim to Mesopotamia. I wouldn't waste your time.

And furthermore, the Jewish people came out of Egypt and Moses only got them as far as Edom. So by your brilliant observation, Jewish people are in the wrong place.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
who ever heard of a short ugly bi indian?
''And since my ancestors are indigenous to this land, get the fuck out of my country!''

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
If the War of "Late unpleasantness" WAS fought over slavery, why would 65,000 free black men fight for the Southern States? Many fought valiantly and were decorated by the Confederate Government. Many refused to take the Oath of Allegiance to the US.