War correspondent sex scandal

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by hotbtminla, Jun 26, 2008.

1. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    I put this in Etc because it's not really about celebrity endowments (per se) and I thought it might spark wider discussion.

CBS REPORTER LARA LOGAN COURTED TWO LOVERS IN IRAQ - New York Post

NEWS BABE'S 'IRAQI TRYST' By TODD VENEZIA

NEW YORK POST
    June 26, 2008

Sexy CBS siren Lara Logan spent her days covering the heat of the Iraq war - but that was nothing compared to the heat of her nights.

The "60 Minutes" reporter and former swimsuit model apparently courted two beaus while she was in Baghdad, and has been labeled a homewrecker for allegedly destroying the marriage of a civilian contractor there, sources said.

Passions got so hot in the combat zone that one of her lovers, Joe Burkett, brawled in a Baghdad "safe house" with her other paramour, CNN war reporter Michael Ware, a source said.

The wife of Burkett, a US Embassy worker, claims the sultry 37-year-old correspondent seduced him while bullets flew overhead.

Burkett's wife, Kimberly, also accuses Logan of teaming up with him to take her 3-year-old daughter away, according to the source.

A close pal of Logan, who confirmed the allegations to The Post, said Burkett's marriage to Kimberly was already finished six months before they sparked up a relationship.

"She is not the cause of their divorce," the friend told The Post yesterday.
    "It was going to happen."

The pal also said Logan was particularly hurt by the comments because she had met Kimberly Burkett and thought the two were "friendly."

Kimberly filed for divorce from her husband in January in a court near their hometown of Fredericksburg, Texas.

The husband, 36, and wife, 32, are now battling over custody of toddler Ashley.

Pals of Logan said that the divorce attorney is just grandstanding by dragging the rising television star into the Texas couple's split.
    "Lara is not part of their divorce proceedings," a friend said.
    "The simple truth is that this was a marriage that was breaking up. And that's the bottom line."

As for the other claims, pals admitted that Logan had a one-time fling with CNN reporter Ware - but denied that there was any sort of fight between him and Burkett in Baghdad.

"There was no screaming match," the pal said.

Tale of the love fight first broke on the freerepublic.com in December.

The scandal comes just as the former model's journalistic career is starting to skyrocket.

It's a stunning turn of events for the respected journalist, who once told The Washington Post that she "has no social life."

Yesterday, CBS announced, without a hint of irony, that she was given a new Washington assignment as chief foreign-affairs correspondent. She joined the network in 2002 and became a "60 Minutes" correspondent in 2006.

The network touted her as the only American reporter who was in Baghdad when the United States invaded in 2003.

Logan was born in Durban, South Africa. She has been going through a divorce from her husband of nine years, Jason Siemon, a former European-league basketball player.

"That is a very sad thing for Lara," a pal said.

=============================================

For quite some time I've considered Lara Logan one of the most significant and underrated war correspondents reporting today. Smart, driven, passionate, and someone who understands the incredible responsibility that her job entails.

I've also got a lot of respect for her, because it ain't easy for someone who looks like her to be taken seriously in the news industry. It's very, very hard in fact.

For anyone who didn't see it, she was outstanding on the Daily Show last week. Her candor was refreshing, and her answers were honest and thought-provoking. Here's a link:

Lara Logan | The Daily Show With Jon Stewart | Comedy Central

I'm dismayed that she's winding up in tabloids. Whatever the circumstances of the affair, it's bizarre someone's trying to blame her for something that one person is never solely responsible for. And some of the reactions to this are extraordinary - it's like people are surprised to find out journalists have sex too.

I must sheepishly admit though, as much as I respect her... I'd totally watch a Lara Logan/Michael Ware sex tape like, 900,000 times.
    :tongue:

2. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

3. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    yikes! i honestly can never side with people like that. i'm totally against cheating and infidelity... and why fight over the person who is stringing the both of you along? but then again, i don't know how she looks. (goes to find picture)

and i love that first line of the article. it sets the mood for smut. :p

EDIT: hmmm, she is pretty....

#3 prince_will, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Another happy success story, brought to you by the wholly natural and completely realistic state of monogamy!

5. cocktaste

Gold Member

How is this anyone else's business?

Ware is hot. I'd do him!

6. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're assuming she's the one who was stringing Burkett along, and we don't know that that's true. I've seen lots of situations where the "other woman/man" was being deceived by the husband/wife. It still doesn't make it okay or a smart decision, but there's usually more to the story than "innocent husband seduced by cunning vixen" if you get my drift. :cool:

QFT

Indeed. I find the fucked up nose sexy. The accent helps. I definitely can't fault her for that move.

If I had Ware in my clutches I'd hit it so hard whoever pulled me out would become King of England. :tongue:

7. submit452

Gold Member

Albums:
    and a very good reporter at time when all the greats are retired or sadly deceased. And a She's a Hottie. Lets see some of those bikini shots. Anybody find or have any?

8. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're right, but in my experience i usually saw it as the other woman/man causing the problem. Plus, that's how the article makes it sound. (but then you can believe everything you read, can you?)

9. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Note the source, darling. :cool::biggrin1:

10. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

The Lady of the Lake here can only assume that's because of Hiscalibre.:cool:

11. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    You know how much you turn me on when you get my jokes, rubi. :tongue:

12. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

That ain't no joke ... it's a WMD.
    Singular (oooh, yeah!), but an arsenal.
    (Je ne t'oublierai jamais, mon prince.:cool:)

13. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    whoa! totally mistook it for the Times. lol...i asked myself when did the Times get so trashy. You know in the Bahamas, there is a paper on the same caliber as the Post. We call it the Punch. you want gossip about high ranking people and cover-ups? that's where you go.

and i love it how you're such a horndog. i might have to unleash you one of these days and see what happens. :p

14. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

DON'T BE MISLED...

She writes stories that point up the failures of US policy in Iraq.

The conservative republican spin wizards don't like that... they can not attack her on her facts... so they try to attack her on the basis of her looks.

You don't see exposé's of the sexual peccadilloes of MALE war correspondents, because there is ain't enough ink, paper or minutes on air to even begin to detail them...

This is the same kind of character assassination the Republicans launch against anyone they don't like...

Its sad, really, when the most rusted source of news in the US is the Daily Show.

15. sargon20

Gold Member

Why of course this is classic Republican playbook stuff. Can't kill the story so kill the person. Play the player not the ball.

16. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd already written the story off when I saw it was from The Post website.

Draft saved Draft deleted