War is over! Right? ... Right?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mindseye, May 31, 2007.

1. mindseye

Gold Member

"When the Iraqis stand up, we will stand down," he said. And back in November 2006, in the wake of a Democratic upheaval and Rumsfeld's resignation, President Timelines-Embolden-The-Terrorists-So-I-Veto-Them did what? He gave a timeline.

Bush met with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Jordan to discuss plans for a return to Iraqi soverignty. He pledged that "U.S. troops will remain in Iraq to strengthen the authority of [the] embattled prime minister and said the two agreed to speed a turnover of security responsibility to Iraqi forces." In fact, he said he wanted to begin U.S. troop withdrawal "as soon as possible". How speedy would this turnover be? Maliki stated point blank: "I can tell you that from our side our forces will be ready by June 2007."

As of a few hours ago, it's June 2007 in Iraq. We're waiting.

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

You see now, you've made one basic mistake in your reasoning there - you believed a politician.. do you see what you've done there... you've believed a politician

3. davidjh7

Gold Member

Well, he QUOTED a politician, anyway--which is nearly as bad...:rolleyes:

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I love how Buch vetoed a bill with timelines and benchmarks when those timelines and benchmarks were orginally HIS idea.

God, the American People infuriate me with their collective amneisia and stupidity sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted