Was he showing off in the men's locker room?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Man-thango, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Man-thango

Man-thango Member

Hey guys (and gals)! I was done with my workout at the gym on Tuesday night when I decided to take a shower and then go sit in the steam room. Since the steam, fogged up the windows I had some privacy. There alone in the steam room with the temperature right I decided to do some A stretches with my towel on. Minutes later I didn't realize until I heard the door open that another guys was in proximity. I immediately flip my towel over my crotch area to cover myself not missing a beat. The guy who enter was an attractive blatino in his mid to late 30s. He didn't say anything just sat on the tile bench and listened to his mp3 player (?). A white guy entered soon after. 10 minutes go by and the blatino guy decides to lay down and catch a nap (?). Within seconds he starts snoring. Not wanted to hear another minute of this I decide it's time to leave. I shower and get dressed. I go to the sink area to put on deodorant and check myself in the mirror and walk out only to see the blatino guy in all his naked glory. Unfazed by the seemingly gratuitous display of meat I just grabbed my bag off the bench and left while looking behind taking in the view of his pretty brown cakes. I realize there are a lot of gay guys that frequent gyms, some open to encounters in the locker room but it's rare a guy shows meat like that unless he's trying to advertise. I work out at Derek Jeter 24 hour fitness centers so it's pretty upscale and well-kept unlike New York Sports Center. That encounter left me wondering if the guy was just proud of his equipment and had no problem showing it off or he was clearly letting everyone know he was packing and wanted some action. He couldn't have see me stretching due to the windows in the steamroom being clouded. Mind you, he could have been another uptight str8 man and wrapped his towel around him until he started to dress but I doubt it. He didn't even attempt to cover up and he certainly wasn't drying off while walking to his locker. It was just there: BAM! I'm a little confused, no thanks to the homophobic attitudes of our sex-obsessed male dominated society. Either way, I appreciated the display and wouldn't mind introducing myself in future visits. Maybe I'll even show off my goods to him as well. Your thoughts?

2. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Hello! - how much more do you need?

3. Man-thango

Man-thango Member

LOL. Did I forget to mention I live in NYC? The same place where a rastafarian will insult you by calling you "batty boy" and then go around the corner to the nearest XXX video to get his dick sucked by another guy. He could have at least nodded or said "'sup?" as an introduction just so I'd know.

4. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    or it was nothing and you're reading too much into it.

5. jumbo747jet

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Am I missing something ? Didn't this take place in the changing area / wet area of a gym ? I would have thought it was the most natural thing in the world for a guy to be in some stage of undress in those circumstances, that's what it's for, isn't it ?

6. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

I don't think sleeping on the locker room bench is very natural.

7. D_Eliassaph Daniell Goosegarden Jr

Post is actually very unclear. Did the guy lay down nude? He doesn't say so. Says he left the steam room and then went to sink area then went back to...???
    I dunno, it could be the guy was just standing around getting dressed. I am always puzzled by people who think nudity is odd in a dressing area or in any part of a mensroom.

8. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Yeah, I didn't get it either. He "fell asleep" in the steam room, got hard and then walked around with a hard-on? I've seen guys fall asleep at public pools and start tenting hard. I guess faking sleep could be a cover or it could be real. Yes, the big and fit guys are more likely to "show off" or be comfortable on nude parade.

9. SR_Les Intercourse

SR_Les Intercourse New Member

sounds like its nothing, people walk around the lockeroom naked all the time . not that they r showing off but that they feel comfortable doing that in the lockerroom

10. D_Biggo Mortensen

D_Biggo Mortensen New Member

Yeah, I know a lot of people are pretty up tight when it comes to nudity but its still not all that uncommon to see people naked in the locker room.

11. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

D_Dick_Dock_Doe Account Disabled

Again, as I've asked in other threads - why does a guy being naked automatically mean he's trolling for sex? I just don't get it. I think we read way too much into benign actions and situations.

12. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Yeah, on rereading it, it sounds like the dude is just hung large. It was nothing.

13. jumbo747jet

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Again, I am not sure I understand what the OP actually means by his post.
    The way I was reading it, he seemed taken aback by another gym member being naked in the locker room/ wet area. I interpreted "all his naked glory" to mean just that, that he was naked (not that he had an erection which somebody else seems to have interpreted it as).

14. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Yeah the OP has vacated the thread for now. It sounds like "all his naked glory" means the dude was stacked front and rear.

15. B_R_I_E_F

B_R_I_E_F Member

You say he was standing there in all his glory...but was his "glory" fully erect?

If it wasn't hard - not hunting for a playmate. Just not shy about his body.

IF he was hard or even semi erect, then you know he was ready for sex play.

The fact that there was no eye contact also is your clue, it was just another day in the locker room for him.

16. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Good.
    Naked glory is good.

If you were unfazed, why did you 'grab' your bag and leave. The image is of a pretty quick exit.

You mean his dick was big? Was that all? No erection? (You need to say more to be understood.)
    Lots of peeps would consider that normal enough.

If this remark is provoked merely by the display of an unerect large dick, who's to say he was 'showing it off' or 'wanting some action.'
    Was he looking into your eyes meaningfully?
    Or was he merely standing there?
    Not much significance to that.

If the straight guy who wraps his towel around until he's starting to dress is 'uptight,' then that's not a good thing to be.
    What do you mean you doubt it? If he didn't do that, then he wasn't that.
    Uptight white guy is as uptight white guy does, right?

Who do you think sounds homophobic here?

So what's the issue?
    That statement is in flat contradiction to the entire sense of what's gone before.

I don't have so much a thought as a question.
    You do know that this is a very confusing post, don't you?

One thing's clear, if you've been brought to this point: You do think naked glory is good.
    Welcome to the club.

#16 D_Gunther Snotpole, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  17. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Good analysis Rubi. The OP is a kind of a paradigm of the confusion guys feel when they find their attention drawn to another man's impressive member. I believe it is called objectification. You focus on the sex object and give it responsibility for your response.

18. MinScottsdale

MinScottsdale New Member

I agree. If "in all his glory" means he was hard or nearly so - then he was cruising. If not and PARTICULARLY if there was NO EYE CONTACT then it was just circumstances.

On the other hand, if he made eye contact, and gave or got the tiniest bit of the beginning of a smile or some other indication of slight interest - he was looking for someone to play with.

I'm a native NY'er too, gay, and know the gyms there quite well. Unless you're in one of the gay or almost gay gyms, my advice is to NOT get it on in the steam or sauna or showers. Better to leave and go elsewhere for a tryst. The guys who want to play at the gym are usually NOT the kind of guys you really want to fuck. (Other than physically I mean.) I know it can be erotic and the possibility of getting caught looms large, and public sex can be erotic in and of itself, etc. However, a touch of discretion can save you a whole lot of embarrassment.

I was at the gym in TW Center with some friends, we worked out and 2 of the guys in our group lived in the building. A/C of CNN fame lives in the building and works out there and he showers with a pair of trunks or bikini underwear on, because of the threat of being caught nude on someone's cell phone cam and it winding up on the internet as a celeb dick pic. Can't say I blame the poor guy! Although in a pair of sweats he's got a decent bulge when he's on his back on a weight bench. (Well I couldn't help but a quick glance over that way out of sheer curiosity. His trainer is a hunk, too!) As we were leaving, we saw some "excitement" in the steam room and one of the managers walked in and threw two guys out for having a hot little sixty-nine in the Steam Room. The asshole manager was quite vocal about it and cancelled their memberships on the spot and told them a refund would be sent, etc. Not the kind of scene I'd care to be involved in, myself. Mixed gyms are just that. Mixed. If you find a play mate, then he's worth the cost of a subway ride or a cab ride to your place or his. If not, then pass. You don't need that ass or cock that badly do you?

19. Man-thango

Man-thango Member

Okay. Since I'm the original poster let me clarify using the Senor Rubirosa's format of analysis:

No erection, just hanging there. It looked as though he were just standing there waiting for me. No, I wasn't alone!

I wanted to keep going as I was tired and needed rest. Also I'm not one to stare.

No. It wasn't big but if it were I would've known. He was soft and it was odd he wasn't making any attempt to cover up. Lots of guys are quick to cover up as if the minute the show wang someone's going to steal it and sell it back to them like in that King Missile song.

Don't go there with me. You know what I was alluding to.

It wasn't contradictory. I just wanted to comment on the fact that the gentlemen was a little more free/open with his body and didn't seem to wasn't to cover it up as fast as most of the men in there. Which I may also add is also largely caucasian. It was also very odd that when he lay down in the steam room he began to instantly snore as if he wanted either one of us to leave the room because no one would have been able to tolerate that noise when trying to relax. It's never a good idea to fall asleep in either a steam room, sauna, or a hot tub. He didn't have a big dick but I was more surprised by his lack of modesty as most of the guys there act like there might be a women walking in any minute.

MinScottsdale said:
    No. I was not willing to get it on there but a little preview or hint would have been nice so as not to think he were an officer and it were entrapment. Thank you for the concern, sir. I hope this has been most helpful as I just wanted to know if this is the way some guys cruise for action or if the guy was just going about his business. I'm more a fan of the obvious. Next time I post any first hand account I'll be sure to hire a court reporter to read it back to me so that I make myself abundantly clear to some of you. Maybe an interpreter as well.:rolleyes:

#19 Man-thango, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  20. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Huh?

Is Brooklyn on another planet?

I just came back from the gym:

A truckload of guys ranging from if-you-only-knew runway-model-wannabes to proto-human blobs were "in their naked glory" changing, walking to the showers and from the showers, as they do in a men's lockerroom.

To quote Carlos Mencia: "Why The Fu*k Is This News?".

Draft saved Draft deleted