Was it just me...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobabooey69, Sep 27, 2008.

1. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...or did McCain not look Obama in the eyes ONCE in the whole debate?

What is his fucking problem?

2. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Who fucking cares? I don't get why some have their shorts in a twist over it. Leherer tried in vain to get them to 'mix it up' a bit, but they were both acting as if they were on the Senate floor. McCain maintained a rather commanding military-like posture except when he injected humor into his answers. Obamatron seemed as though he was trying not to let on that he is in fact human.

3. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    "McCain maintained a rather commanding military-like posture"

You look someone in the face when you talk to them, didn't your mommy teach ya that?

4. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    haha! I wonder how many teeth McCain cracked or shattered from clenching his jaw and grinding his teeth so hard when Obama talked

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd have to watch it again to be sure, but I don't think McCain ever addressed Obama directly. I wouldn't have either had he shown me the same level of disrespect by addressing me as "John". Obviously "Barry" was advised to do that in an attempt to get under McCain's skin.

6. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know right? He was gripping that desk so much, I bet he left nail marks.
    And I thought he was gonna lose his shit when he kept mispronouncing "Ahmadinejad".

7. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I had a different take. McCain looked angry, contemptuous and generally dismissive about everything Obama said. I thought he did well, even better than I thought he would. But, for someone who claims he'll reach across the isle, hell he didn't even LOOK across the isle. Military-like? Have you forgotten that 80% of America is against our presence in Iraq?

Obama, was presidential. He was concise and to the point. He actually answered questions that McCain tip toed around. He was agreeable with McCain when it warranted and also pointed out the differences between the two. Obama needs to lean forward a little more to demonstrate command, but the temperament was spot on.

Veep, America is spent when it comes to war. We're tired and emotionally bankrupted over it. McCain's war drum banging last night did little for the independent vote. He keeps talking to his base, but its not a base year.

Draft saved Draft deleted