Was Reco Robbed? The Fashion Show

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by b.c., Jul 23, 2009.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Okay, so maybe a thread about "The Fashion Show" isn't supposed to be something a "straight" guy starts. So sue me.

Admittedly I don't know a Halston from a (whatever) but it happens to be one of those shows the missus and I watch together and contrary to popular opinion some guys do know what looks good (to us, at least).

And so with all of the obligatory disclaimers dispensed with :rolleyes: did anyone else who watched this show think Reco was robbed?

I'm not talking racism b.s. here (go to another thread for that). I think he pretty much was right on in tonite's final show when he said "I know how T.V. works". Having Reco in the final three would've been anti-climatic.

By all estimates, Reco was a shoe-in to win, and his not placing in the final three seemed to anger most viewers. True his final "collection" was not of the caliber of what he already demonstrated, and James-Paul's final was a step up from his usual, but the latter's (admittedly out on a limb) collection had too narrow an appeal, not to mention J.P. had been barely escaping elimination for several shows.

That he would finish ahead of Reco just didn't make sense, except that having Anna and Daneilla go head to head makes for a more dramatic finish.

I'll not say who won tonight (in case you haven't seen it yet), but all considered, I think the final outcome was one that Reco could live with.

My two cents anyway.

2. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Dont think the judges liked his "cocky" attitude

3. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe that too. Seemed to me though that toward the end he had humbled down somewhat after a close brush or two with elimination.

Seemed to me they penalized him not for having the worst collection of the final four, but for bringing a collection that didn't live up to what he had already demonstrated. In fact they pretty much suggested that as their reasoning (last night).

(Er, does that mean he lost to himself??? Hmmm...)

Draft saved Draft deleted