Was she trying to hint something?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've recently been thinking about this because it's been bothering me...I was at a party a couple of months back with a big group of my friends. While filling my cup, this girl whom I'm acquainted with came up to me, calling my name. I say hey to her and ask her what's she's been up to, etc. and after that small talk she said "So Rick talks a lot of shit about you, saying you're a cool guy, etc". Right after she said "talks a lot of shit about you", I got this really weird feeling. My question is if you've ever heard somone use "talk shit" in this context. The only time I've ever heard someone use "They were talking shit" is either negative, like badmouthing someone, or just talking or "bullshitting" in general. I've never heard anyone say like "She talks so much shit about how she loves ice cream", you know? On top of that, Rick is quite the talker and even though I'm not very close with him, he's still part of my group of friends. We've never bump heads though, ever, although I know this doesn't stop gossip from occuring either. Did she deliver her sentence this way to imply he talks shit about me or am I just being paranoid?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh yeah, and the exact conversation (as I remember, we were all kind of drunk) went something like this:

"So Rick talks a lot of shit about you..says you're a really cool guy" (something like that?)
"..Oh yeah? What has he said?"
*awkward, kind of stalls* "I don't really remember man, it was too long ago"
"Oh"

Then we started talking about something else. I completely forgot about this though

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really hate the fact that I've let myself join circles that actually gossip. I need to find new friends.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't worry about it. If it had been something big or important she would have remembered and been all too happy to tell you what had been said about you.

The summer is young, focus on poontang young man!:tongue: :biggrin1:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've recently been thinking about this because it's been bothering me...I was at a party a couple of months back with a big group of my friends. While filling my cup, this girl whom I'm acquainted with came up to me, calling my name. I say hey to her and ask her what's she's been up to, etc. and after that small talk she said "So Rick talks a lot of shit about you, saying you're a cool guy, etc". Right after she said "talks a lot of shit about you", I got this really weird feeling. My question is if you've ever heard somone use "talk shit" in this context. The only time I've ever heard someone use "They were talking shit" is either negative, like badmouthing someone, or just talking or "bullshitting" in general. I've never heard anyone say like "She talks so much shit about how she loves ice cream", you know? On top of that, Rick is quite the talker and even though I'm not very close with him, he's still part of my group of friends. We've never bump heads though, ever, although I know this doesn't stop gossip from occuring either. Did she deliver her sentence this way to imply he talks shit about me or am I just being paranoid?
Don;t get too caught up in it. Her phrase 'talking shit' may just be her particular vernacular. Then take the context--"talks a lot of shit, says you're a cool guy'. Rick thinks you're cool--this should make you happy. Possibly she just was talking as a way of introducing herself a little more to you--maybe she finds you to be a handsome stud and wants to do the boinkety boink with you. That would explain why she fell silent when you pressed her for details on what Rick said. Rick may not have said much of anything. Maybe in anticipation of having a sexcapade with you, she asked Rick what sort of guy you are, and he said "LemacST is a really cool guy".