Washing Your Penis

josh: Im just wondering how much you wash below. I personaly wash in the morning and at night. I like to be healthy down there. What aout you lot?

dable_wi: I work out at the gym almost every day, so I wash my dick and balls a lot. I also use the steam room before and after my workouts.

The problem with overwashing is over-drying and to combat this, I use Vaseline. Water is good for your skin, but can dry it out as can soaps. Vaseline locks in the moisture (water) that your skin absorbs. Friends and, especially, my girl bristle at Vaseline because it is so greasy, but the skin on my face, genitals, and upper arms is really nice. I get a lot of compliments.

My advice: Wash a lot and moisturize (vaseline) a lot, too.

:)

Thumper_10x7_CA: I usually wash my dick when I take a shower. That's normally once a day. Of course after sex I wash it and after a good work out too...

swimguy_14: when i shower, which is in the morn and after swim practice.

DJM277: hmm...... moisturizing your genitals with vaseline for the purpose of locking in moisture.It would be intresting to see how many guys would be able to do that just for that reason alone! ;D

ymir: i normally wash it after every piss, so maybe...um...5 times a day, im not in the habit of counting, but i only wash so often for 3 reasons
1. because im uncircumcised
2. because when i feel clean i feel sexy
3 becausee i live in hope that at Ne momment my girlfriend will rip my clothes off me and scream "make love to me you horny dude!"

well maybe not exactly like that....but similar :)

Donk: I wash mine once a year, whether it needs it or not!

On a more serious note, re moisturizing with Vaseline--be very careful with that if you use condoms! Vaseline will eat right through latex. Even if it doesn't cause the condom to break, it may cause pinholes that let germs and sperms through. The same is also true of any oil-based moisturizer. (I think Vaseline is especially dangerous because it is stronger against latex and stays on the skin longer.) Basically, you do not want to be putting a condom over a penis coated with Vaseline.

I moisturize my own penis about twice a day with hand lotion. (Condoms are not an issue for me and my gf.) I used to think this was unusual until I read other posts on this forum about other guys moisturizing their dicks too. I wonder if that's more common among larger men? Hard to explain what I mean, but it just seems like while my (soft) penis is a long, dangling body part that hangs down with lots of exposed skin that gets dried out, on many guys the penis is just a little piece of flesh poking out that looks like something you wouldn't think about treating with lotion. (I'm not sure if that made any sense at all. It's just that, to me, my penis seems more like a distinct body part that requires attention than the smaller penises that I see tacked on to other guys.) Thoughts?

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Donk link=board=health;num=1071954567;start=0#6 date=12/21/03 at 07:06:56]

I moisturize my own penis about twice a day with hand lotion. (Condoms are not an issue for me and my gf.) I used to think this was unusual until I read other posts on this forum about other guys moisturizing their dicks too. I wonder if that's more common among larger men? Hard to explain what I mean, but it just seems like while my (soft) penis is a long, dangling body part that hangs down with lots of exposed skin that gets dried out, on many guys the penis is just a little piece of flesh poking out that looks like something you wouldn't think about treating with lotion. (I'm not sure if that made any sense at all. It's just that, to me, my penis seems more like a distinct body part that requires attention than the smaller penises that I see tacked on to other guys.) Thoughts?[/quote]

Perhaps if I had used regular moisturiser on mine like like Donk does on his, mine would be better looking :) My use of lotions etc. on my penis (and on my balls and upper legs) has not had to do with dry skin, more to do with dealing with soreness from friction. Mostly the right underwear prevents this, but I still occasionally need lotion and/or talc.

But I agree about the feeling that we have a distinct body part to deal with, support and make allowances for, even in our choice of clothes ... and it most certainly seems to demand a lot of extra attention ;)

jimbo67: My cock and balls are washed with soap during my daily shower. Since I am uncut, if the head is not washed daily, it begins to smell like cheeze.

Since I do not wear undrewear, in cold weather, my cock and especially my lowhangers get dry and chapped if I do not coat them with udder balm. I used to use hand lotion, but lotion does not last very long. The udder balm keeps them moist and soft and prevents chafing and chapping all day long. Udder balm is used on cow teats by farmers. You can buy it at farm supply stores.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I checked once a day regardless of its use. When I shower or bath, my cock is washed with soap/water.
After drying off, I apply a mixture of Johnson's Baby Oil and vitamin E oil and have for several years. I never need additional lube, partly b/c I'm uncut.

In addition to the daily washing, I generally wash it with soap and water after getting cum on it from masturbation or any other form of sex. If it's inconvenient to wash immediately after sex, I'll wait until the first opportunity presents itself.

Luke

josh: i agree with all of you lot, the poll says that most wash there penis atleast once a day which i think is good goin.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Me? Daily showers. Often TWICE daily showers.

btw-I also use baby oil (with aloe and vitamin E) regularly after showers. I work the oil in pretty
well ;) and then simply "dab off" any excess (should there be any remaining). Baby oil tends to be absorbed quite readily...especially the scrotum! believe it or not.

*Not so sure all this "oiling and rubbing" could be done anywhere besides at home though!
--'Likely would cause quite a stir in public showers as in gyms / locker rooms, etc.! ;D (Can you imagine?)

I agree with the others that our larger sizes does seem to demand more skin care and attention to maintaining suppleness. The vitamin E and aloe properties seem excellent for this kind of skin maintenance.

Hung11by6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with Donk on this thread. I hang real long soft and I shower many times a day cuz I'm a trainer at a gym and I moisturize my dick 2 to 3 times a day. I think the length when i'm soft rubbing my leg n all is probably different from other dudes that don't hang big soft.

mwellhouse: For the uncut guys, when you wash how many of you can and do pull the skin all the way back to give it a good scrub? I ask as it's painful for me to expose fully the head, and I think that as a result I am not washing properly. Please advise!

BTW I have never even condsidered moisturising! It gets washed daily when I shower.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi, mwellhouse:

There will likely be guys who can advise better than I, b/c, I have never had any problem uncapping and capping my dick head with my foreskin. In fact, while flaccid I can catch with my fingers each side of the foreskin and pull it out to expose over half of the head's length down in the 'thimber'.

I urge you to see an urologist, who would correctly advise what is necessary to eliminate any pain you have pulling back the foreskin.

Other than this, I think your should perform the capping and uncapping, along with stretching the foreskin's length by pullling it pass the head, many times thoughout the day. Do you have pain when you masturbate?

Luke

mwellhouse: No pain when masturbating, just when I fully expose the head.

seven5pluss: Once a day -- cut.

However, for skin treatment, castor oil does wonders.  It has cleared up some discoloration on the shaft.  I just discovered a couple of days ago by rubbing it on a burn scar on my hand the discoloration is clearing up too.

HOWEVER- I've noticed a side effect - get enough in your system through absorption and it has a minor laxative effect on me about 10 hours later.