WASHINGTON - A historically diverse field of Democratic presidential candidates

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by faceking, Jun 28, 2007.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    WASHINGTON - A historically diverse field of Democratic presidential candidates — a woman, a black, an Hispanic and five whites — denounced an hours-old Supreme Court affirmative action ruling Thursday night and said the nation's slow march to racial unity is far from over.

Wow... it's the leading headline from the AP (a shocker.. they are supposed to be un-biased)... yet Bush's cabinet was even more diverse... and *crickets* from the mainstream media.... Fairness Doctrine is LAUGHABLE.

2. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

I wonder exactly what "racial unity" means.

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm sure this will come as a shock to our more "conservative" members, but I tend to agree with the decision - with some reservations.

It was a little different where I grew up, in a relatively small town. Once segregation was ended, they simply closed the "Negro school" and everyone went to one of five elementary schools (depending upon where they lived) or to the one junior high or the one high school.

In larger cities, though, it's a little tougher question, and none of the possible remedies is ideal. Instead of coming up with racial formulas to decide who goes where, a true fix for the problem would be much better than a bandage. There has to be some way that we, as citizens, can come up with a better method of ensuring that a school in a less affluent zone can be on par with a school in a more affluent zone. Fix the school, not the student body, so to speak.

All of that, of course, applies to the mandatory public schools. Higher education is a different story. I'm of a firm opinion that race should not, for any reason, figure in to admissions applications for any publicly funded college... regardless of the current racial makeup of the student body.

Their intentions make no difference. If the liberals want to consider race in an admissions process, it does not matter if it is intended to "achieve balance," or "help the disadvantaged," or whatever. That still makes it racism, and it still violates 14th Amendment protections.

4. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

yeah just look how diverse the '08 GOP cantidates are. They run the gamut from eggwhite to bone. I'm sure some of them will nominate a few brown puppets when they get into office too so they can pay lip service to racial equality.

5. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

massive orgies

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I think that was a typo... should have been "racial unit..." You know, the ones they talk about in those "are green men bigger" threads...

Draft saved Draft deleted