Washington and Knight

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Eben, Jan 17, 2007.

1. B_Eben

B_Eben New Member

Seems like Isaiah Washington doesn't like 'faggots'.

:rolleyes:

READ HERE

It appears (in spite of what Washington says) he did call Knight 'faggot'. Knight appeared, I'm told, on Ellen today and discussed saying it was true.

2. fortiesfun

Gold Member

The rumor of this incident is what led T.J. Knight to come out in the first place. It has caused huge controversy within the cast, and Washington denies that he ever said it while virtually everyone else says they were there and heard it plainly.

3. witchway

witchway New Member

I think it shows a lack of character not to admit that you insulted someone who you work with on practically a daily basis! If he´d just said he was sorry (even when he did not mean it:rolleyes: ) that probably would have been the end of it. I never could warm up to Washington anyway and this just makes me that much colder toward him, but on the whole I really like the show. Knight´s character is one of my favs.:smile:

4. B_Eben

B_Eben New Member

From what was said on Ellens's show by T.R. Knight it seems that it isn't a rumor but fact.

Ellen has played down her sexual orientation since her old show but this converstation took place on today's show from what I'm told and T.R. Knight and Ellen have discussed it openly.

"Kramer" makes racial slurs and it's everywhere on the internet but I guess Washington's remark is nothing to make a stink over :rolleyes:

5. B_Eben

B_Eben New Member

6. carlton10

carlton10 Member

Thanks for the video- Just shows how Hollywood is so pathetic- They go on and on ad nauseum about how in touch ,liberal , progressive etc they are but then get away with pure homophobia- Prime example is not giving Brokeback Mountain Best Picture last year even though it won nearly every award worldwide - I think naming Ellen as host for the Oscars this year is Hollywood's way of very discreetly making amends for last years debaucle which I cant accept-

7. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Washington did initially apologize... then he recanted, and said that he never said anything in the first place.

Draft saved Draft deleted