Wasn't Webster banned....

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Actually, no he wasn't.

As obnoxious as solong is--he won't be banned for being ignorant.

There are more than enough of us here as proof of the existence of the specturm of sexuality to keep him at bay.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
Actually, no he wasn't.

As obnoxious as solong is--he won't be banned for being ignorant.

There are more than enough of us here as proof of the existence of the specturm of sexuality to keep him at bay.

It says "I WAS BANNED!!" under his name. My mistake. :rolleyes:

But whatever the case Webster's implication of racial bias was taken much more seriously by no less than the likes of MZ and indeed Matthew and I had a falling out over that fucking thread.

Why is solong's homophobia somehow something we need to help him understand? THE FUCKING DUDE is troubled. He doesn't want to let go of his disdain for homosexuals. For the love of Pete Bronxy told me I was one of her "target" victims on that thread. Heads rolled.

I'm not seeing the same rules apply here... Nope, I'm sure not.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo,

I understand your outrage (and the silent outrage of others who may not choose to speak so vocally).

All trolls expose themsleves in due time.

If we give him enough rope, he will hang himself.

(And I know you think he already hung himself)

In the meantime, I suggest that all members who find his postings offensive put him on ignore for the time being and express your upset via reported posts.

I know Stronzo is not the only member who he has rubbed the wrong way.

HUGS and shit,

Magneto (Lex)

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know you're current with all. Thanks for remaining so "moderate" given my outrage. You're very good at what you do.

I know you haven't forgotten how we became "brothers".:wink:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What are the guidelines for getting banned on LPSG? I know that if you post a naked body in an avatar--human male and/or human female you get banned. I remember another banning incident--it involved massive spamming. A guy actually got banned for massive spamming inquiries for sex on LPSG. Shouldn't all LPSG-ers know the situations for getting banned so as not to get banned? Are there any appeals? Any warnings? Just wondering.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
People, please read the Terms of Service. It spells out reasons for being banned.

The moderating team does not discuss on the public forum who is banned and/or why. It is a matter of policy. and would require the majority vote of the moderators and the approval of Rob_E, the owner to change.

The following is the Terms of Service

Dear LPSG.org Members,

This forum is dedicated to men and women who are fascinated by, curious about, affected by, or have a large penis. It is our hope to keep this forum free for all, and allow it to flourish as an open online community. However, recently there has been a large influx of members whose activity on the forum does not effectively contribute to the value of the community. Therefore, we are announcing the following forum guidelines. Please read them, and abide by them whenever possible. These are not intended to inhibit anyone, but simply to make things better for us all. If you violate the guidelines, your post may be edited or deleted, or you may receive a warning. If you violate the guidelines a second time, you may be banned from LPSG.org.

Education- Our initial purpose is to promote knowledge and understanding of sexual issues and their implications in our relationships. We hope you'll ask questions! Feel free to post links to things you've read and would like to discuss, or offer insights from your own experiences. We want to get to know you, but "know it alls" who are abrasive from the onset are generally not well received. Read more than you write until you're here long enough to find your groove.

Fun- We are a community of friends, some of us fairly long term friends, therefore, the mood is often one of flirtatiousness. Feel free to join in the fun, but don't mistake this to mean that everyone is open to sexual come-ons from strangers. Many members dislike receiving sexual Private Messages from people they don't know. Here, as in real life, you need to get to know someone before determining what is and is not appropriate between the two of you. So post for a while and let us get to know you first, okay? We encourage everyone to post in your Profile whether or not you are open to receiving PMs. Members who disregard others' wishes not to be bothered with PMs may be banned. Please respect people's boundaries so we can all have fun here.

Freedom of Speech- We have a longstanding tradition of freedom of speech of which we are very proud. In order to understand what this means, here is what it is and is not: It IS the right to speak your mind, in the words of your choosing. It is our hope that you will choose your words as carefully as you want members to choose theirs in response. It IS NOT the right to have your words go unchallenged. We respect your RIGHTS, but have no obligation to respect your ideas. If what you post here gets challenged and that seems upsetting to you, you may prefer to just read.

Trolling- NOT COVERED UNDER FREEDOM OF SPEECH! A "Troll" is someone who is consistently disruptive or abusive to other members in most of his or her posts (this is not meant to include humor, differences of opinion, or the occasional snarky remark). Trolls will be discussed by the moderating staff, and if agreed upon by a majority, our decision will be final and they will be banned. Spammers and advertisers will be banned without warning.

Accounts- Members here are discouraged from having multiple accounts. We realize that sometimes several members of a family will use the same computer and we encourage that. However, if a member sets up multiple accounts to post from for the purpose of disrupting the board, that will be considered trolling.

Equality- One voice is one vote. Regardless of position, no member here is more important than the next. We have a unique group of people male and female, gay and straight, young and young-at-heart who all enjoy spending time in each other's company and learning together. You are free to be a racist or homophobe if that is what you truly are, but you will likely not make friends.

Language- We try to promote the use of good grammar, therefore we'd prefer that you not use leetspeek or internet shorthand, as in 2 instead of to or too, or shorten words like ur for your. For many of our members, English is not their first language and this makes your posts difficult to understand. Perfection is not required, but common sense is appreciated. Simply try to be mindful of these things in order to keep the posting quality of the forum high. Please make your posts relevant, clear and as concise as possible, so that we all may benefit from LPSG.org. Try to put posts in the most appropriate section, and please, only one place.

Moderation- The board is now being moderated by a group of volunteer moderators whose ONLY purpose is to help the flow of the board run more smoothly. We are trying to see that topics find their home in the proper threads (such as moving personal ads from New Member Introductions to the personal ad section, etc.) Our job is not to babysit if someone hurt your feelings or to "see it your way". We're here, like you, to participate in the conversations AS EQUALS and occasionally move a thread or ban a troll.

We welcome your suggestions on improving the site and thank you for taking the time to get to know us!

Your friends at LPSG.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stronzo said:
For the love of Pete Bronxy told me I was one of her "target" victims on that thread. Heads rolled.

I'm not seeing the same rules apply here... Nope, I'm sure not.

I dunno...I think that people which have a deep homophobia, and display it to others on this board should get the boot.
Nobody needs to be cut up on this board, nor fear another member via threats.

Shouldn't we be recording IP's of offenders such as physical threats, death threats to fellow members, and reporting them to the authorities?...

I know we talk alot of smack on this board, but if somebody blatantly says "Im gonna get you"....thats a bit over the top.

Just my .02

Hugs
C

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I missed the whole whatever webster did to somebody thing, but he seemed cool to me, even in private messages. As for giving homophobes the boot. I disagree. There are plenty of gay homophobic people out there who live a hypoctitcal lifestyle. Secondly, as long as anything isn's eccessive I frankly don't care.:cool:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
invisibleman said:
What are the guidelines for getting banned on LPSG? I know that if you post a naked body in an avatar--human male and/or human female you get banned. I remember another banning incident--it involved massive spamming. A guy actually got banned for massive spamming inquiries for sex on LPSG. Shouldn't all LPSG-ers know the situations for getting banned so as not to get banned? Are there any appeals? Any warnings? Just wondering.
The easiest way to get banned, I would imagine, is to be puerile. Your posts seem to be ok, from what I've read. Just don't start acting like a sniggering 7th-grade kid and you'll be ok.