Watch 20/20 Friday November 5, 2004

oronero

Just Browsing
Media
20/20 on ABC will be covering sexual questions among them, the size matters issue. Please mark this posting and comment after you see it. It should be interesting to see how this topic is handled on a nationally syndicated show. Later.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In the United States of America the election day will be over and all are scrambling to retain viewers. This one should help. I hope it is not blocked out here in the South. I will be watching.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Originally posted by hung@Nov 1 2004, 11:02 AM
In the United States of America the election day will be over and all are scrambling to retain viewers. This one should help. I hope it is not blocked out here in the South. I will be watching.
[post=261978]Quoted post[/post]​

We can only pray that the election will be over by then.

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
True, this baby could drag on unless the winner gets a large margin, which I strongly doubt will happen. Enter the lawyers.

Anyway, This sounds like a Stossel report.

I wonder if John is going to flip it out? Some people think he's a big dick. Maybe we'll find out.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Hockeytiger+Nov 1 2004, 09:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hockeytiger &#064; Nov 1 2004, 09:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hung@Nov 1 2004, 11:02 AM
In the United States of America the election day will be over and all are scrambling to retain viewers.  This one should help.  I hope it is not blocked out here in the South.  I will be watching.
[post=261978]Quoted post[/post]​

We can only pray that the election will be over by then.
[post=262083]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Well, blame Florida, blame Florida
With that Spring Break hullaballoo
And that bitch Kate Harris too
Blame Florida, blame Florida
It&#39;s time to organize a full assault&#33;
It&#39;s Florida&#39;s fault&#33;

cegro27:
Originally posted by jonb@Nov 2 2004, 02:49 PM
Well, blame Florida, blame Florida
With that Spring Break hullaballoo
And that bitch Kate Harris too
Blame Florida, blame Florida
It&#39;s time to organize a full assault&#33;
It&#39;s Florida&#39;s fault&#33;
[post=262144]Quoted post[/post]​

If Florida does screw up this election, at least they&#39;ll have a good reason...they can just say they&#39;ve gone "Hurricane Insane&#33;&#33; :wacko: ". Then, we&#39;ll all take pity on them and hope we last another four years with (I don&#39;t dare speak his name) in office.

Back to the subject though, you know how these size debates always go. They talk about what it&#39;s like to be small, average, and large, how it affects sex and self-image, then come to the conclusion that size only matters to the individual person. Think about it, do you really think a well-watched show like 20/20 will actually have some "expert(s)" come out and say that size "does" matter, that bigger "is" better, and effectively destroy the masculine ego&#39;s of several million less than sizable men?? :(

Hapi Papi: You mean no one watched?

Well cegro27, they did.

Size does matter.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Hapi Papi@Nov 6 2004, 04:55 PM
You mean no one watched?

Well cegro27, they did.

Size does matter.
[post=262675]Quoted post[/post]​

I saw 20/20 and have to give them credit for what seemed like an accurate report of their findings. Yeah, size matters, especially girth which stretches the vagina&#39;s muslces and causes more satisfaction. They also pointed out that nerve endings go all the way to the crevix and the more length put in to go there, the more fellings are produced. It&#39;s a relief that our TV has begun being open to sexual matters. Now I&#39;m waiting for the demonstrations along with the factual reports&#33; :rolleyes:

Luke

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I viewed 20/20 as well. (I know now why Barbara Walters left&#33; Honestly, I think she saw the program was headed into becoming more "ratings competitive" where these kinds of topics were going to HAVE to be scheduled per network management. There have already been TWO full broadcasts with "trendy" topics since her retirement and I don&#39;t believe Ms. Walters was all that comfortable around sex issues&#33; -- But I digressed.) I would just love it though, if she was to come forward in rebuttal here--and, defend herself to what I just said, and admit to being a secret lurker to the LPSG &#33; :D

I found Friday night&#39;s 20/20 very well done (I thought). The 10 "myths/truths" all represented good topics of interests to both sexes. The (unwarranted) fear of harming a fetus by having sex and whether blondes are more promiscuous, the seven year itch, etc. --they were all pretty well addressed.

Now...for that "size issue" (and they even covered the "other size" topic -tall men vs. short men&#33; and women&#39;s preferences for THAT&#33;)...anyway....when endowment size was pondered, I thought of our own Madame Zora and her wisdom, her tenancity ;) to just tell us the truth many weeks ago. She minced no words and neither did ABC&#39;s 20/20 program last night. Some women DO look for, desire, and physically "need" a larger size man for total satisfaction. We were ahead of the game here at the LPSG, thanks to Mdm. Zora&#33; because she zeroed-in on the physical facts of some women&#39;s anatomy being "different" to where "more size is needed, even welcomed". But, I think Mdme. Zora and 20/20 also attempted to quell men&#39;s worries over this because both said "it&#39;s up to the individual woman". Men (as a gender) should NOT think ALL women want a big one, nor can every woman comfortably handle bigger. &#39;Sounds so simple. Why then, all the agony?
--except for the man who will always WANT to be bigger? For him, there really is no consolation I suppose which will put his mind totally at ease. It&#39;s inherent.
It&#39;s how we are as men. We like and want to be big....no matter what.

And-- there was 20/20&#39;s mention of penis enlargement--(i.e. pills, creams, and magic potions). Surprise&#33; THEY DON&#39;T WORK. Of course, they didn&#39;t mention jelq and natural exercise techniques which DO work over a period of time.
But then, THAT&#39;S another 20/20 topic all by itself and viewers might not be quite ready for that one just yet. :blink:

The fact too, that 20/20 covered the NEED for parents to discuss sex with their children EARLY ON as questions arise and peers bring up the topic---well, I just thought that was great&#33; Our youth DO need to have healthy attitudes about sex and also know the same sexual issues they wonder about were just as common to their parents at some point in their own earlier lives. It was quite reassuring too, that 20/20&#39;s research showed young people taught early in life about sex don&#39;t neccesarily begin having sex at an earlier age (for having learned about it.) If I recall correctly, their research indicated a number of teens even tended to wait longer when they "knew the facts" since they recognized responsiblity follows a night of rolling and romping.

We&#39;ll probably be seeing more network TV programs like this, I think. --It sells.
And, if it&#39;s tastifully done, (and not too overly titillating)...it will be good for us as a society.

cegro27: Well I&#39;m glad it turned out to be a more truthful show than others I&#39;ve seen. It must have been quite a few women involved in the production of that show for it to have actually been accurate. :lol:

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Darn it. Now I wishe I had bothered to watch or tape that program. I didn&#39;t because I assumed it was just going to be the same old "size doesn&#39;t matter" cliche that you hear everywhere. It&#39;s surprising to hear of a network TV news show going so far as to admit that size does matter.

Next thing you know, Dan Rather will be stuffing a sock down his pants and vigorously denying that the bulge is fraudulent. :D

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by bigbutnothuge@Nov 7 2004, 03:45 AM

"Who did the report? Is my favorite reporter John Stossel still on 20/20?"

The entire hour had a series of interviews produced by a variety of ABC news "regular" reporters" all in the field with various "experts" (sexperts?) along with plain &#39;ole everyday folks answering (CANDID&#33;) questions about their sex lives.

Stossel and Elizabeth Vargas are the hosts (now) on 20/20 and basically they each merely "intro&#39;d" the various field reports from the correspondents.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The 20/20 report was pretty aggressive for an "over the air" broadcaster. But if you really want a look into people&#39;s sex lives and secrets, HBO&#39;s "Real Sex" is a hoot&#33;

PS: Think Stossel&#39;s hung?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by benderten2001@Nov 6 2004, 06:03 PM
I viewed 20/20 as well. (I know now why Barbara Walters left&#33; Honestly, I think she saw the program was headed into becoming more "ratings competitive" where these kinds of topics were going to HAVE to be scheduled per network management. There have already been TWO full broadcasts with "trendy" topics since her retirement and I don&#39;t believe Ms. Walters was all that comfortable around sex issues&#33; -- But I digressed.) I would just love it though, if she was to come forward in rebuttal here--and, defend herself to what I just said, and admit to being a secret lurker to the LPSG &#33; :D

I found Friday night&#39;s 20/20 very well done (I thought). The 10 "myths/truths" all represented good topics of interests to both sexes. The (unwarranted) fear of harming a fetus by having sex and whether blondes are more promiscuous, the seven year itch, etc. --they were all pretty well addressed.

Now...for that "size issue" (and they even covered the "other size" topic -tall men vs. short men&#33; and women&#39;s preferences for THAT&#33;)...anyway....when endowment size was pondered, I thought of our own Madame Zora and her wisdom, her tenancity ;) to just tell us the truth many weeks ago. She minced no words and neither did ABC&#39;s 20/20 program last night. Some women DO look for, desire, and physically "need" a larger size man for total satisfaction. We were ahead of the game here at the LPSG, thanks to Mdm. Zora&#33; because she zeroed-in on the physical facts of some women&#39;s anatomy being "different" to where "more size is needed, even welcomed". But, I think Mdme. Zora and 20/20 also attempted to quell men&#39;s worries over this because both said "it&#39;s up to the individual woman". Men (as a gender) should NOT think ALL women want a big one, nor can every woman comfortably handle bigger. &#39;Sounds so simple. Why then, all the agony?
--except for the man who will always WANT to be bigger? For him, there really is no consolation I suppose which will put his mind totally at ease. It&#39;s inherent.
It&#39;s how we are as men. We like and want to be big....no matter what.

And-- there was 20/20&#39;s mention of penis enlargement--(i.e. pills, creams, and magic potions). Surprise&#33; THEY DON&#39;T WORK. Of course, they didn&#39;t mention jelq and natural exercise techniques which DO work over a period of time.
But then, THAT&#39;S another 20/20 topic all by itself and viewers might not be quite ready for that one just yet. :blink:

The fact too, that 20/20 covered the NEED for parents to discuss sex with their children EARLY ON as questions arise and peers bring up the topic---well, I just thought that was great&#33; Our youth DO need to have healthy attitudes about sex and also know the same sexual issues they wonder about were just as common to their parents at some point in their own earlier lives. It was quite reassuring too, that 20/20&#39;s research showed young people taught early in life about sex don&#39;t neccesarily begin having sex at an earlier age (for having learned about it.) If I recall correctly, their research indicated a number of teens even tended to wait longer when they "knew the facts" since they recognized responsiblity follows a night of rolling and romping.

We&#39;ll probably be seeing more network TV programs like this, I think. --It sells.
And, if it&#39;s tastifully done, (and not too overly titillating)...it will be good for us as a society.
[post=262689]Quoted post[/post]​

A great commentary, benderten2001. You must have taken notes during the program to have reported the details as you did. Or is it a reflection of your amazing brain at work? :rolleyes:

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As to Stossel being hung, who really knows, except I did note the comically nervous note in his voice when he said, "...tell us, it doesn&#39;t REALLY matter.....right?"

Yeah, I was surprised that they didn&#39;t give us the old "it doesn&#39;t matter line", that we&#39;ve all heard as the conventional wisdom for the general public. But oddly, I&#39;ll bet plenty of women have, once learning about the endowments of our members here, made different comments directly to them. I suspect it&#39;s not necessarily all THAT important, but that most women have a preference for larger than average. But since most men aren&#39;t, most women are sensitive to that issue and won&#39;t express that preference (why hurt the man&#39;s feelings and wish for what you don&#39;t have?).

Only once in my life have I actually run across a woman who preferred "smaller than average". She found large penises, "disgusting." I then told her my size and watched her nervously backpedal for the next few minutes.

:eek:

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
I wish i had watched 20/20 after reading these comments. I have 4 sisters and a mother and a grandmother who have all said that women come in different sizes just like a man and thinking that length is so important is not true. I am 8x8 and wish i was bigger but I am not one to say that a guy 6x6 couldnt satisfy a woman any less than myself. i dont think a guy 9x7 could satisfy a woman better than myself either. Women can handle and accomodate all sizes--period. Is bigger better though? No, i dont think so.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by RoysToy@Nov 7 2004, 04:34 PM

..."A great commentary, benderten2001. You must have taken notes during the program to have reported the details as you did. Or is it a reflection of your amazing brain at work? "

Thanks. ;)

Actually, back in the late 1970&#39;s and most of the &#39;80&#39;s....I worked in (local) television. So, when I view anything on the "tube", I suppose I watch from a somewhat different angle than the ordinary viewer. I watch for the production techniques and all the "behind the scenes" work that goes into a program.
Friday night&#39;s subject matter just happened to catch my fancy, I will admit ;)

20/20 takes A LOT of work&#33; The hours and hours of taping and editing and "polishing" the final product is impressive. My background in the business didn&#39;t have all the extra staff (i.e. help&#33;) that a network program has. But I know how hard (and demanding&#33;) the work can be, nonetheless. It&#39;s astounding anything airs at all sometimes&#33;, believe me--considering what can go on behind the scenes&#33; (and, does&#33;)

What amazes me the most is how far the medium of television has come along--to where we now can more openly discuss----SEX &#33;....and in the case of Friday, November 5th, we witnessed a commercial network (NOT cable&#33;) openly talking about (once) VERY "taboo" subject matter. Very impressive, IMHO.
And, long-needed&#33;