Watch your language; learn to say it better.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As a male I am glad when someone calls me on my language in the area of sex and suggests a better way of putting something.

I am aware that some of our language is not very respectful of women and a good deal of our language puts sex in a bad light.

I am offended when any man refers to his wife or girlfriend as " a steady piece of ass." I invite you to suggest a better way of suggesting that the lady in question is important to you.

We say of partners, male and female, that they are hot. What words might communicate better?

What are your pet peeves in sexual language? And, your suggestions for a better way of saying it.

I like words. I think instead of saying about a woman that "I fucked the shit out of her" I would prefer to speak my thanks to her by referring to the "sweet communion" we had enjoyed.

How can we do better in talking about sex?

of ass."

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a male I am glad when someone calls me on my language in the area of sex and suggests a better way of putting something.

I am aware that some of our language is not very respectful of women and a good deal of our language puts sex in a bad light.

I am offended when any man refers to his wife or girlfriend as " a steady piece of ass." I invite you to suggest a better way of suggesting that the lady in question is important to you.

We say of partners, male and female, that they are hot. What words might communicate better?

What are your pet peeves in sexual language? And, your suggestions for a better way of saying it.

I like words. I think instead of saying about a woman that "I fucked the shit out of her" I would prefer to speak my thanks to her by referring to the "sweet communion" we had enjoyed.

How can we do better in talking about sex?

of ass."

o_O

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have no problem with using medical terminology when discussing issues about anatomy or sexuality, and usually do. But there are other times when colloquialisms and vulgar slang work just as well; I see no sign of disrespect in using those terms here.

IRL, it depends on the context; unless I'm being intentionally provocative (which I do sometimes), I watch what I say and who may be listening. Ordinarily I have no reason to insult anybody, and with my vocabulary can usually accomplish the same thing without resorting to vulgarity.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was a little perplexed when I first heard the expression "my main squeeze" around 30 years ago. Does "squeeze" means "hug" or is it more sexual? Does "main" mean you do it with others, too?. I'd be afraid to use that on my significant other, except as a joke.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I roll my eyes when straight men say "let's go hook up with some girls!" It's a small thing, but maybe more women would be interested in you if you weren't looking for "girls."

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
My wife gets furious when anyone she hears anyone saying "he/she is a cunt". She says only foul-mouthed ignorant men would use this old English word for female genitals as an insult. Years ago British women used this word commonly, but more recently many are using the twee "pussy" because of the insult connotation. My wife and many of her friends think women should reclaim the word, and still use it. I don't like it used as an insult either, for me cunts are beautiful, sought after parts of females.

She also doesn't like "doing" and says "I don't want to be done, I want to be fucked!"

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My wife gets furious when anyone she hears anyone saying "he/she is a cunt". She says only foul-mouthed ignorant men would use this old English word for female genitals as an insult. Years ago British women used this word commonly, but more recently many are using the twee "pussy" because of the insult connotation. My wife and many of her friends think women should reclaim the word, and still use it. I don't like it used as an insult either, for me cunts are beautiful, sought after parts of females.

She also doesn't like "doing" and says "I don't want to be done, I want to be fucked!"

It's interesting how language is sexist towards women. Even though dick and cock can be used as insults and are seen by some as offensive, of all the offensive words there are, the one considered most offensive, is the one that refers specifically to a woman's sexuality.

And as for "doing", I hate when people say "Let's do lunch". I do enjoy a nice meal but I wouldn't go that far!