Watches

Looking for a new watch at the moment (in the under £100 range) just wondered if anyone has any ideas?

I quite like bloke-ish watches (got a Casio G-shock at the moment), but I also wouldnt mind something a bit classy and understated.

Cheers! :biggrin1:

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
The next watches look very good. My mate got one with a very thick tan leather strap and a nice chunky face.

I've got a nice dress watch if your interested. When i get home i'll take a couple of pics if your interested.

Cheers for the info Pete n Dodger - will go and check out the links now. :)

Thanks also for the offer Oldham - dont wanna nick anyone's watch from em tho :p

Dirtyvid - u cheeky bugger :p I dont know what watches are about really - just wondered if ppl new of any cool ones - or it'd be another g-shock. :)

nagypocs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you should just make it a double. For 200 pounds you can get a Tissot, or a Certina, swiss automatic, having same movements as Omegas or Tag Heuers, sexy and cool.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media

Definitely check Storm out, Artful has a good taste in those. I liked the watches of Storm.
From the next, the first two you chose are good. Donna Karen is good. Don't know exactly what you are looking for. Maybe more a classic but good watch. Don't pick the green, or if you do, wear chavy clothes lol

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I bought my watch from Bench about 2 years ago for £80, I love it and people always ask me where it's from and comment on it because its quite unusual and super bad-ass. Sadly Bench no longer sell it in their stores but you can buy it in *shudder* Argos. Bench Watch. Diesel also make some beautiful watches, stylish as well as long-lasting.

I'd buy a bench one if I were you, but you could always go a bit old school.

Cheers for the suggestions people!

Yeh, I've seen fossil, diesel and bench - they all look good. I've got a bench jacket actually - so might kinda go with it.

Will check out the storm ones...and then think on it haha. :) Thanks.

PS: Hehe Flames - luvvin the old school one! I think I had one like that in '88 lol. Nearly as good as the funky green one, to go with my townie/chav clobber. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

lerotic

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You get what you pay for in a watch, so it really just depends on what you want.. And no it's not just about telling the time. Personally i wouldn't touch Storm, Next, Fossil etc etc it's all short term crap (IMHO) but I do understand there are budgets in play here :)

Yeah - budget does come into play unfortunately. I'm not hugely bothered about it lasting forever or being top notch - just has to look ok, do the job, and be fairly understated. :)

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
I'd echo the comment to go up in price point slightly. You should be able to score a Tissot PRC200 (both sporty *and* classic) for around $250US. Check this version out:

Tissot PRC200 Mens Watch T17.1.526.52

My 2 cents is to invest in a quality watch which has some enthusiast interest. I paid $350 for a Tag Heuer Formula 1 many years ago, wore it every day, then sold it on Ebay for $180 (the new Formula 1s go for minimum $500) to reinvest in a higher end model. Much better than blowing $120 every few years on a fashion watch.

If you absolutely need to stay under $150US check out some of the Russian watches. Sturmanskie uses Poljot movements and they're pretty cool:

Sturmanskie 2628/0371200 Manual Mens Watch : STU26280371200 - Buy.com

Last edited:

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
my man, your watch (if you wear one) is the FIRST thing people judge you on. be they lovers, contemporaries, rivals strangers. And a 40 dollar timex says “cheap, tasteless and boring with ZERO confidence”, its best to have 2 watches (save your pennies) one for the day to day like a Seiko or eligen (sp?) and one more expensive dressier watch like a top end invicta or even a rolex

as for the day to day I wear a chase durer 1000xl S.F watch, it’s like 685-890 dollars depending and my dressy watch(es) are a chase durer stainless and a rolex Daytona….. both chase durer watches I got through work and a massive discount, and the rolex I got in the line of duty from some one who didn’t need it any more cause god knows some one with my shitty check can’t afford a 19k watch

try jewelry stores that sell “pre owned” or refurbished watches, that will save some coins, ebay is a good way to find deals, and quite honestly if the watch is a little warm on your wrist, who’s gonna know? Just remember to take it to the old Punjabi fella in the flea market to get it serviced or a new battery… not the dealership………… hope this helps, don’t be a cheap skate when it comes to your watch, on the strait market you get what you pay for, same as that race car in your pic, didn’t get there on the cheap

tominatlanta

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I recently bought a TIMEX "Army" watch at J. Crew here in Atlanta, that looks a lot like a Swiss Army watch with a black face. The band is black nylon web - good for wearing in Summer and with jeans. This is NOT faddy junk.
Tom in Atlanta