Watches

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AXIX - I am a slob, not terribly poor. I wear size 13 and one half shoes, I buy watches only to tell time with. My 29.95 TIMEX with naugahyde strap which is going on battery number 3 and strap no 2, in 5 years is far more accurate than a ROLEX PRESIDENT DATE/JUST w/quick set. The problem I have found relating to LPSG penis matters is when I jack-off the cum seems to soften and ruin the texture of the naugahyde band. I have learned to aim my little shaft in a more horizontal mode at orgasm, this has alleviated this problem to some extent. I am told by the watchmakers of Vacheron and Constantine as well as Patek Phillippe that jacking on their 18kt gold bracelets improves the sheen on the gold as well as reliably winding their mechanical 25 and 30 jewel movements.

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
any one with money having come from it or new to it (neither is me) notice 2 things about a man, his watch, and his shoes. clean/neatly shaven, clean pressed clothes, neat hair... these are things you notice like stop signs or gun shots, they grab your attention from 15 feet away. but a watch and shoes are the way any person of statue of standing in life sizes you up and engages you, read "the art of the deal" "winning through intimidation" 7 habits...... any dealing of substance one ofr the first 5 major sociological check offs is the watch, i teach sizing people up for a living. it's not just me

Clean, presentable shoes and clothes, good grooming, certainly good posture, quality of speech, manners ... these things are important in making a first impression.
But as I've mentioned, I've never actually heard more than one or two people mention anyone's watch.
I read about such fixations, but never encounter them.
There are watches so egregious in design that they would count against their wearer.
Leaving those bottom-feeder watches aside, any reasonably attractive watch will make a perfectly fine impression on the great majority of people, moneyed or not.
This is especially true in an era when all sorts of top-drawer watches are available in knock-off forms that cost only a fraction of a genuine model and whose ersatz gleam is apparent only to a jeweler.
You're not absolutely wrong, but you're really exaggerating the prevalence of watch snobbism, imo.

Not too bothered to be honest - I am slightly low end, but I'm not arsed about it.
I get watches I like, and that's that. ;)

laissez faire

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Watches are like almost any passion (something we know about on this site)--those who don't share it don't understand it at all, but those who do share an immediate bond. I'm an admitted watch geek, but unlike the perception stated in several of the posts here I don't wear them to show off or to get anybody to notice them--I buy and wear them totally because I like them and they say something to me. If somebody notices one and wants to talk about it I'm happy to, but that's not at all why I wear them. I think it's fascinating to wear such a complicated, intricate piece of machinery on your wrist (and yes, that means none of them run on batteries). I don't need to know what time it is down to the millisecond, so I don't care that mechanical watches aren't quite as accurate as quartz--I think it's pretty amazing that mechanical ones, given their complexity, are as accurate as they are (I don't really think +/- 5-10 seconds a week is really meaningful). Just consider this--a lot of people go from quartz to mechanical watches, but once they do almost nobody switches back.

I don't wear them to show off or to get anybody to notice them--I buy and wear them totally because I like them and they say something to me.

Well, that's cool. :wink:

Actually - watch came today, but it's a bit huge lol. Strap's too big and also the face looks like I'm wearing the speedo from a MINI on me wrist. :p
Will send it back and find summat else, lol.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i suspect top of the line watches with complex dials and "complications" are a work of art like a lamborghini or a van gogh picture. a quartz timekeeper is not a watch. its a wrist clock. I must admit I am in awe in mechanical watches with "complications", definitely not the folks with a fat credit card who might wear one. I am in awe of the veddy veddy few real watchmakers that exist in the world today. Most great great watches are not selfwinders and are made by firms that don't advertise in hottie magazines. Ever hear of Breitling?
Crossy ineeds to mastuirbate now over a Rolex bubbleback.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Looking for a new watch at the moment (in the under £100 range) just wondered if anyone has any ideas?

I quite like bloke-ish watches (got a Casio G-shock at the moment), but I also wouldnt mind something a bit classy and understated.

Cheers! :biggrin1:

I collect Swiss watches, blokey and understated. The Tissot PRC200 might fit your tastes and cost range.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
again, not a watch guy, never even paid full price for one except for the fossil watch i wore in highschool

i'm not over exadurating watch snobism... not talking about it at all actually... think of a first meeting as a game, the more points you present on a posative note the wider the birth you'll have as you go on. andyou could show up in gas station sunglasses,a wrinkled suit, timex watch and loafers missing a tassel. and if you are dr.house m.d at what ever it is you do, then i won't matter, but most of us aren't.... hense the term "dress to impress, dressed for sccuess"

jewelry, sunglasses, belt, shoes, watch..... you can sport an off the rack suit from sears if you allways remember "never skimp on your accessories"

i suspect top of the line watches with complex dials and "complications" are a work of art like a lamborghini or a van gogh picture. a quartz timekeeper is not a watch. its a wrist clock. I must admit I am in awe in mechanical watches with "complications", definitely not the folks with a fat credit card who might wear one. I am in awe of the veddy veddy few real watchmakers that exist in the world today. Most great great watches are not selfwinders and are made by firms that don't advertise in hottie magazines. Ever hear of Breitling?
Crossy ineeds to mastuirbate now over a Rolex bubbleback.

Breitling is cool! I think they do the fascia clocks for Bentleys.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a watch anti-snob. Proud owner of 19-jewel mechanical Sekonda that was £8.95 from Argos in the late 1970s and is still going accurately despite never being serviced. Made in the USSR!