Watching Gay Guys get yelled at.

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Had a blast at last weekend's Toronto Pride Festival. Was really touched by the number of families and children attending.... Thank you, Toronto!

It was marred only by an incident that this thread reminded me of. I was with a bunch of guys from Montreal... we had just arrived... Friday Night. The Toronto Gay Village was bustling... lots of outdoor music and thousands in the street. As we were heading down Carlton, toward Church, a large coffee cup came hurtling from a high-rise balcony and landed two feet in front of us with a thud. It was filled with a rather large rock. It came close to doing some serious damage --- this is IN the gay Village during PRIDE! One of the guys I was with FREAKED-out... My friends took him to a place to calm him down, while I found a policeman and explained what had happened. They were very nice and throrough. I caught up with my friends and the guy that had freaked was sobbing uncontrollably...

It turns out that 8 years before, some guys had hung outside of a Bangor, Maine nightclub.... waiting for ANYBODY to come out of that gay bar. Happened to be my friend and his best friend, a straight man. They got into the car and headed home, but soon realized they were being followed and chased by some heavy duty rednecks. Turned into a high-speed chase, that ended with these guys forcing my firend's car off the road and into a roll, down an embankment... his friend struggled out of the car and was shot dead by the gang. My friend had offered his straight friend a ride to Canada... but had to stop by the gay bar to leave another friend a message... The straight friend said, "I don't care about a gay bar... I'll go in with you."

What a world... but I do have hope that it's getting better!

muchtodo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
life goes on, but we are makeing progesss. I'am much older and what do you think it was like in the 60's & 70's, free love no way. I just know being gay today is better than yesterday.

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
as a gay man, i know even when people they dont say it, they think it. it bothers me that people can still be close-minded. we do live in better times, but i hope to live the day when i just dont care anymore.

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
those immature ass clowns are pushing their luck and sooner or later it'll run out.i have many gay friends that id dare anyone to talk that kinda shit to.guys of that nature suffer from cranial rectitis..they were born with their heads in their asses.:mad:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That kind of intolerance has to be learned. It doesn't just happen.

Wingnuts claim homosexuality is not natural and deserves condemnation. I reply hatred is not natural and deserves condemnation.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was really disturbed by this event. It just took me by surprise. It was like an elementry school bully, picking on the small kid. It is sad to think that there are people out there like that. People who will bully someone else and harm them emotionaly, or phyically.

I had gotten a couple of waters from a vendor and was on my way back down the boardwalk. I was walking behind this couple for a couple of blocks. I noticed they where gay and holding hands. The reason they stood out to me, is because one of the guys was wearing a spedo. That is not really the fashion at my beach. Board shorts, since it is a surf town.
These guys where minding their own buisness, like every other couple. It just pissed me off that these guys ruined their day like that. It would have ruined mine.

I can relate, because I have dated other races and currently have a fuck buddy who is a smoking hot black lady. I have to face peoples bull-shit and their hang-ups, about us, my whole life. So these gay guys getting yelled at, hit home a little.

poetryman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not really certain how to comment to this thread. I haven't yet had to experience such hatred directed toward me, but, as one who was an evangelical christian, and nowadays I use that term very lightly and with much distaste, I was one who couldn't accept gays in their relationships. I'm one of those who were closeted until about 6 years ago, when I felt I just couldn't keep myself from being me any longer. I wasn't one who disrespected gays, but I went along with the crowd I was part of and even went to far as to support legal groups that fight against gay legal rights. So, in my own way, without the calling of names, I did the same thing. When I finally began accepting myself, I left the "church" and their hate disguised as love. In a way, when I think back, I guess I did experience something like what's been discussed in this thread. The reason for me finally leaving was when I came out to one of the decans and asked him what the "church" would do should I start dating someone, he respnded, "Probably ask you to leave". I had spent two years supporting them financially and working on the grounds, keeping it clean, planting flowers etc., and that was going to be their respnse to my seeking someone to love. I guess I've been both sides of the situation and not proud of those days in "church".

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Biology, with it's strict guidelines, makes str8 men and women behave the way they do (hating gay men and women).
WTF!?! :confused: Biology has nothing to do with the behavior of homophobic hate mongers. That is learned behavior. Noone leaves the womb hating gays, Jews, Blacks, or any other group.

Do people feel that it's the younger straight guys that have a greater need to demonstrate their masculinity/heterosexuality than older straight males? .
Yes, I have noticed this as well.

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First of all, I want to preface this story with something. I love straight people. I know fully well that not everyone is a bigotted asshole, as this thread so wonderfully illustrates. Thanks guys, but being open-minded and awesome. I just think it's a shame that it even has to be recognized. Everyone should have the sensitivity to see things they way ya'll do.

When I was in college, I experienced a few instances where I was called a "Faggot" while wondering around 6th Street, but never really did anything, just kind of shrugged it off, untill one evening on 4th street, which is the gay area, such as it is. My boyfriend and I were walking back to the car, and, like some of the other stories here, a car with 3 guys our age, early to mid 20s, yelled "Faggot!" out the door of thier shitty 76 Camaro (what is it with yelling this outside the doors of cars?). Anyway, I don't know what happened, but I completely snapped. I yelled back "Why don't you come say that to my face, little dick!" The car whirled around in the middle of the street, screeches to a halt, and these three guys jump out and come running towards us. My poor boyfriend was scared shitless, but I sure wasn't. I completely bum rushed the one in front, just beat the shit out of him. It was one of those moments where you don't really remember what happened, you know? I just remember thinking "I'm not taking this shit tonight. Not from them, not here." The boyfriend jumped in the fray as well, and evidently so did two huge gay muscle dudes that were also leaving another bar nearby (one of which is still a very good friend... talk about sharing a moment!) Anyhoo, I ended up in the hospital with a broken nose and a nice little misdemeanor on my record, but I wasn't the only one. The three straight guys and my boyfriend also had some battle scars, and the one driving ended up getting arrested. Anyway, I'm not saying that what I did was right, in fact, I think it was pretty wrong, actually. But I can tell you, I don't regret it at all. I lost my fear that night, as in all of it. So, I guess good things can come out of those situations.

If it'd been me on that boardwalk, I'm pretty sure some pants would have been pissed in, and they wouldn't have been mine....

Cheers!

At least you were in Austin in recent times.

I graduated from "Baylah" in the 70's. Think how many times I heard that Baptist bullshit per day...

I've wished 1000 times I had the courage you displayed here, in incidents like these. I tend to keep walking with my head down, or at least I used to.

Now, I just plain don't give a shit.

wingnut84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wingnuts claim homosexuality is not natural and deserves condemnation. I reply hatred is not natural and deserves condemnation.

Hey...:frown1:

In all seriousness, homophobes are no better than any other type of bigot and I view it as my life's mission to exterminate all haters. To all you boys (and girls) who aren't afraid to fight a homophobe, keep up the good work. Go as far as you can get away with. Fuck pacifism.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think many of the people responding here have really been treated badly and there is really no excuse for it.

That being said, you are adults and know that homosexuality is not accepted in most places. I think in many cases illustrated here and what I have seen demonstrated, the gay person is eliciting a desired response. Many gays dress provocative, speak in a fake lisp and publicly demonstrate affection. This is called passive aggressive behavior and it is done for attention. Yes the attention is negative, but attention none the less. As Wingnut (above) says above, "fuck pacifism". I think many people are aggressively trying to throw their way of life in the face of as many people as possible.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i hate it when hetro-men or women use the word gay in a negative connotation.
"oh that's gay" it urkes me.
i even had a couple friends of the gay community
who would call themselves "FAGGOTS" just to dilute the power of the word.
one guy said he loved being called a "FAIRY"
i always just used the first name.;)

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That being said, "you are adults and know that homosexuality is not accepted in most places"

ok...that sounds like nazi germany.
noone should submit to anti-diversity.
it is not like they are fucking...

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
It really pisses me off when people take my religion and the founder of it Jesus and use it to say and do things in Jesse's name that he condemned when he was on earth and most certainly have condemned today.

This is what Jesus said, "Love you neighbor as yourself." I have found nothing in the words of Jesus which are contained in the first four books of the New Testament, that comes closely to the idea that people are to hate other people.

A person may be a member of a church, even a pastor of a church or what ever position they have, but they are not following the teaching of Jesus the founder of Christianity when they start preaching or teaching hatred.

Find a place in the Gospels which are about the life of Jesus were Jesus encouraged or accepted hatred. It is not there.

I am sick and tired of people hiding behind religion to spew forth their hatred, period. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Jesus commanded us to love and take care of our fellow humankind.

Jesus also said that by their fruits you shall know them. Hate apples don't grow on "Christian" trees.

We are all human and all are imperfect, so I will leave it to God to decide which "trees" are Christian trees and which ones aren't.

But really, it is hard to look at some of those trees with big labels on them saying "I'm a Christian tree" being really Christian trees when we look at the fruit those trees produce.

Yes, I consider myself a Christian and I have placed many a post on here declaring such and my condemnation of the gay bashers. I take every opportunity to speak up when the opportunity arises.

In our church, we have a gay couple out of the closet. I kept inviting them to come to church. One was already a member. The other guy asks if it really would be all right if he came to church. I said sure it was all right. This was God's church, not ours, and God invited all, everyone to come to church. They are regular members and play a prominent role in the church. They are very good friends of mine.

I had a conversation with one of them when we were traveling somewhere and we had some time to talk without interruption. He talked about being gay and how his older brother who is retired military supported him 100 percent. I didn't ask which one was the bottom or top or personal questions. We don't ask straight people those questions either.

When I was young man I made the choice to live in the straight world. I wanted children and at that time there were no options for that. I didn't understand then that two gay people could live as life partners as I do now. I take my vows seriously. For better or for worse. My wife is past sex. She doesn't care to continue that part of our lives. We are committed to each other. I am not sexually attracted to her. And the sexual attraction was minimal. Yet I love her. I've never cheated on her. So I haven't been unfaithful. I've told this story before here.

It is enough for me to joke around, look at the pictures and talk to gays in the open without destroying my life with my wife, and three sons. I play for church and fulfill other duties at the church. The members at my church wouldn't care if I were gay. They would be upset though if I abandoned my wife. Their position would be why now. Why now at 56 are you breaking up your house since you knew this the day you were married. I agree. I suspect my wife knows and has known a long time, but figures less said the better.

Other people don't know what is going on in other people's minds. In my case I have taken very good care of my wife, given her emotional support and she does the same for me.

People have no right judging the lives of other people. Actions if they are done to hurt other people or violate them, steal from them etc. yes. That is different. That is the law and the law is only concerned with consequences for actions considered to affect OTHER people in a negative way. I don't have a right to steal from someone else is an example.

i think I am beginning to ramble so I'll close with the statement again. Actions between two consenting adults is really no one else's business especially a stranger, most especially a stranger.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You would not say that if it was an opposite sex couple.

Correct. It is not passive agressive if it accepted by most of society; ergo my point.

But I also feel that holding hands, a peck on the cheek or a hug is all couples need to do in public. The rest should be private.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That being said, "you are adults and know that homosexuality is not accepted in most places"

ok...that sounds like nazi germany.
noone should submit to anti-diversity.
it is not like they are fucking...

My statement is not true? Throwout the Nazi thing - nice.

obil

1st Like
Media
All4Show, they are being affectionate. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact that some people want to exert control over other people's lives is not their problem. They didn't cause that. You're trying to rationalize why that stuff doesn't happen to you or people like you. You aren't kissing another man, talking with a lisp, wearing bright clothes so people won't harrass you. It's like when a women gets raped when she wore a low-cut blouse. People will say she should have saw it coming. No, the victim did not cause the crime and they did not put ideas into the perpetrator's head that happened long before.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i hate it when hetro-men or women use the word gay in a negative connotation.
"oh that's gay" it urkes me.
i even had a couple friends of the gay community
who would call themselves "FAGGOTS" just to dilute the power of the word.
one guy said he loved being called a "FAIRY"
i always just used the first name.;)

I think the "gay" word is used all the time as a negative. It's been popular for a while now. But if you asked the people using it if they hate gay peeps they'd say no way. I'm afraid it's become part of younger kids vocabulary. I heard these two young guys talking about music & they both said that the old school band The Beatles, were "so gay". I thought that was pretty fucking weird.