Watching Gay Guys get yelled at.

innowhere

Experimental Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4show

I think many of the people responding here have really been treated badly and there is really no excuse for it.

That being said, you are adults and know that homosexuality is not accepted in most places. I think in many cases illustrated here and what I have seen demonstrated, the gay person is eliciting a desired response. Many gays dress provocative, speak in a fake lisp and publicly demonstrate affection. This is called passive aggressive behavior and it is done for attention. Yes the attention is negative, but attention none the less. As Wingnut (above) says above, "fuck pacifism". I think many people are aggressively trying to throw their way of life in the face of as many people as possible.

K dude... Where the hell did you come up with this? Fake lisps? Provocative dress? Come on, it's like you live in Provo, Utah, and are trying to justify yourself for raping some girl who said excuse me when you were standing in her way at a bus station and you saw her ankle. AKA absofuckinglutly ridiculous.
As for bringing it on themselves, dude, I'm a case in point that negates what you say. Hell, when I do go to a gay bar, People don't talk to me cause they think I'm straight. I don't have the "fake lisp" and I could probably kick your ass and any sport you could think up. Yet that didn't stop people from trying to run me over, that didn't stop a kid from having the shit beat of of him while he was at the jazz festival last year because he told one of his friends that he couldn't hang out because his boyfriend and he were going on a date that night and he was overheard.
It's people like you that perpetuate hate.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You really have me rethinking some of my comments Matthew! I do not believe that any gay person deserves ever to be physically or verbally abused even when they display offensive behavior in public places. What I do feel is fear...fear that has accumulated over many years of interacting in an imperfect and hateful society! The kind of fear that results from being the victim of a Molotov cocktail tossed into a crowded gay bar. The kind of insanity that tortures a Matthew Shepard and leaves him to slowly die. Perhaps fighting back is a more proactive and less cowardly position to take than cowering when in public view! I do not have the answer, but you may be on to something guy! Perhaps there is some blood on my hands for not reacting with utter rage!

I wouldn't say so, Donkey. Queer folk develop different survival strategies to deal with what we all face. It's really hard to live in a constant state of "rage" against the rest of the world. After all, the whole point of gay liberation or whatever you want to call it is that we deserve to live good and fulfilling lives too ... and it's hard to 'pursue happiness' when you're in a mental state of war. That said, I do think that strong and public reactions to injustice are the only things that push ahead social change.

My comment was directed at the straight people who legitimize abuse of queers by saying they deserved it for being so open, flaming, etc. ad nauseum. I was thinking of one particular poster in this thread, but lately I have been trying to attack ideas rather than personalities. The problem with that approach is that others tend to wonder if I was calling them out. Peace!

Man, could you ever imagine gay men evolving to mixed martial arts and range weaponry? That would be something grand.
Ha ha ha! Just think how people would FREAK when they heard that Pink Panthers were training at a shooting range in the mountains of Western NC ... (I hear that's a lovely place to study combat :wink:)

warmhorizon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know about some of the rest of these stories (Who is Matthew Shepherd? :confused:) but i have a pretty weird one to tell:
I was in a pub in a nearby town (way back when, I don't get time to go out anymore :rolleyes:) and me and my then boyfriend were just leaning on each other in a booth with some friends when this guy comes (wobbling) over and starts yelling at us for being "Fuckin' queer fucks, yrrr going t' Hell wiv all 'em paedos and murderrrs!" when some guy I've never met just walks over and tells him to back off. The drunk homophobic guy (shortened to dromophobe) starts having a go at him and turns back to us and starts shouting some random slur that would've upset me if I was emotionally capable of it and a couple of other people got up and started having a go at him before the bouncer threw him out. :tongue:
Best bit is I heard some girl (or really high-pitched guy) shout "You know, you could learn a lot from them, if you get my drift" :biggrin1:. Weirdest enough, there was a round of applause as he was thrown out. I was really surprising how gay-basher-bashing is the big thing now. Has anyone else had a similar experience or is this really that unusual? :confused:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ha ha ha! Just think how people would FREAK when they heard that Pink Panthers were training at a shooting range in the mountains of Western NC ... (I hear that's a lovely place to study combat :wink:)

Well, the WNC IS a great place to watch The Matrix trilogy, The Transporter movies, and shoot .22s. Where else can you learn Brasilian Jujitsu squaredancing?

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Once something is started on the net it never dies. Matthew Shepherd was beaten and left to die. It was a robbery gone bad. One of the major news programs did a whole piece on it.

The guy who killed him was bi. Matthew Shepherd said I'll tell. The killer was a crank addict and snapped. They interviewed the man who was with the killer during the attack. He says he belongs in prison because he could have stopped it. Nobody knows what sets crank addicts off. It can be as simple as a squeeking chair.

The killer's ex-girl friend said he was bisexual. A man who owned a limo service said he'd had both the killer and Matthew Shepherd in the same limo at the same time. He stated they knew each other. Also, he stated the killer was bi because the limo guy and his girl had done it with the killer.

Two guys picked up the story, put it on the net as a murder because he was gay, and ran with it. It wasn't true. Now the true story that drove Matthew Shepherd to doing drugs should have been international news. He was a high school student on a school trip to Morroco. In their hotel, some Morrocan men grabbed him, hauled him into a back place, and repeatedly raped him. That is the story that should have made international news but didn't.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We'll never know exactly what happened the night Matthew Shepard was killed.

But the above post, which reflects what was presented on ABC's 20/20, has been widely criticized as a biased attempt to erase the gay-bashing nature of the crime. We should be careful before we jump on the bandwagon and agree it's a "fact" that it wasn't a gay-bashing -- our culture is heavily invested in making violence against gays invisible.

And certainly, the notion that the killer was in the closet doesn't change anything. Just look around LPSG to see the venom that some closet cases have for open queers.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Something I wanted to share. Just an experiance I had the other day at the beach that I have been thinking about and wanted to share.

2 Gay guys where walking holding hands on the boardwalk. No big deal and not bothering anyone. All of a sudded 3 guys, college age, run up and yell at them. Faggots! You Fucking Fags!!

They walked off laughing. I was shocked and dumbfounded. Then later I was kind of pissed about it. What if that was me and my girl? Someone comes up and does some ignorant shit like that. These guys where minding there own buisness and these jerks ruined their day for no reason.

I was shocked. I hope Karma comes thewir way soon.

public displays of affection bewteen men is not accepted everyhere-you have to be cautious -know where you can kiss and walk holding hands--a lot of times gays put themselves in a bind because they feel they can just subject everyone to their lifestyle without repercussions--

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
a lot of times gays put themselves in a bind because they feel they can just subject everyone to their lifestyle without repercussions--

"Subject everyone to their lifestyle"??? You have got to be kidding.

Are you talking about the way that I am 'subjected to the heterosexual lifestyle' everywhere I turn? What a spectacular double-standard.

Newsflash: Gays deserve the right to live our lives with the same freedom that everyone else does. To whoever has a problem with that: FUCK OFF.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
We'll never know exactly what happened the night Matthew Shepard was killed.

But the above post, which reflects what was presented on ABC's 20/20, has been widely criticized as a biased attempt to erase the gay-bashing nature of the crime. We should be careful before we jump on the bandwagon and agree it's a "fact" that it wasn't a gay-bashing -- our culture is heavily invested in making violence against gays invisible.

And certainly, the notion that the killer was in the closet doesn't change anything. Just look around LPSG to see the venom that some closet cases have for open queers.

20/20 happens to be more towards the left. Personally, I have been the on the recipient of major verbal abuse for many years. It doesn't go away and it doesn't get easier. The law enforcement involved said it wasn't gay bashing but they let the media run with it because it was easier to get a conviction. I for one hate gay bashing. I am bashed nonstop. I do believe in truth tho. It's just like people on the far right bashing all dems as baby killers. With you living in the bay area, and being masculine, I am surprised you are a recipient of bashing. I am sorry if you are. I know how it feels, and nobody should ever have to endure abuse.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
public displays of affection bewteen men is not accepted everyhere-you have to be cautious -know where you can kiss and walk holding hands--a lot of times gays put themselves in a bind because they feel they can just subject everyone to their lifestyle without repercussions--

"Subject everyone to their lifestyle"??? You have got to be kidding.

Are you talking about the way that I am 'subjected to the heterosexual lifestyle' everywhere I turn? What a spectacular double-standard.

Newsflash: Gays deserve the right to live our lives with the same freedom that everyone else does. To whoever has a problem with that: FUCK OFF.

At the risk of offending my gay friends with this analogy - which I assure you doesn't display my own feelings (I couldn't think of a better one) not that I expect my opinion to matter...

I am queasy - I love to watch Nip/Tuck...but some of the scenes depicting surgery are so graphic that it makes my stomach crawl. The question is: Do look away or do I smash the television? It really is that easy, if seeing gay guys display affection is so repulsive to people, why not look away? It certainly will take up less energy and will be less destructive.

Why must people be caged up behind walls or run the risk of abuse purely because they are living out their truth? I am a smoker. There are times when the bank queue is looooooong and going nowhere and I could kill to be able to light up and have a puff, but I can't because smoking isn't allowed in public places. Now this is something superficial or external to who I am - it may be addictive - but it isn't me. Are gay people supposed to go out shopping, to the movies etc. and deny their inner truths, be restricted within who they are and spend the movie wishing to get home so that they can express their love?

As Matthew indicated, we won't even go into the double standard involved...after all, we all know that gay couples get competely turned on when they watch a heterosexual couple express their love and affection....and yes! I am being sarcastic!

For the life of me, I still don't see what the big deal is - so a gay couple may be holding hands, kissing etc. - it's not as if they are trying to get into the pants of all the straight guys around them.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have held hands and made out with girls plenty of times in public places. I have never had anybody complain about it. I have seen two guys kissing in a publice place and random teens end up shouting "faggot" "queer". I think that gay people should be able to enjoy public affection the same as straight people. If I saw two guys kissing or holding hands I wouldn't even pay any attention to it. As long as gay and straight people don't cross the line with public affection and get a little too sexual I don't see any problems with it. Some people don't know how to mind their own business.