Watching the NEWS. Facts or bullshit?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slurper_la, Mar 22, 2010.

1. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    The mainstream media is there for all the sheeple. They don't cover anything they're told not to. And their coverage of everything else sucks ass.

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Slurpala: What an excellent essay (with lots of shiny visuals for those who don't like to read) on how to pass bull shit off as real shit. Seriously, one of the best reads I've enjoyed in a while. But now EVERYONE knows these secrets and none of are safe!

4. Vestigial

Gold Member

Until tomorrow, when a new day dawns?

#4 Vestigial, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  5. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    That made me laugh. Really does show language is power and pictures are necessary for stupidity based journalism. Set the "mood" of the story more than actually tell the story.

I think it was first noted by the mainstream journalists during the 80's when some tv news segment was doing a thrashing piece about policy issues of Reagan but was showing video of him there smiling and shaking hands etc. :rolleyes: They didn't understand why after watching and listening to the report people had some insane amount of favorable opinions of the policy they were talking about. One reason why I hate "file video". Yes it's a pretty picture (or something) but does that have actual relevance to the current story? I don't need to see some smiling movie star at an awards show when they are talking about they just were in a car crash.

6. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Today in Bad Journalism: Bloomberg News Doesn't Even Know What Untruth to Tell - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

Gee can't tell any bias there can you? Or did the author fail that civics lesson about only needing a majority (one-half plus one) to pass, and not a supermajority. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted