Waterboard, Sean Hannity

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
On Sunday, during an appearance on Fox "newsman" Sean Hannity's show, Charles Grodin was discussing his opposition to waterboarding which Hannity does not believe to be inhumane or consider torture.

Hannity said "Is it really so bad to dunk a terrorist's head in water to make him talk?"

Grodin replied "Would you do it?"

Hannity responded "I'd do it for charity. I'd do it for the troop's families."

Hearing this, Keith Oberman of MSNBC has offered to donate $1,000.00 per second for the amount of time Sean Hannity is able to withstand waterboarding [cf: the Christopher Hitchens video].

Man up or shut up, Sean.

Last edited:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
John McCain on waterboarding: "It's not about who they are. It's about who we are, as americans."

The U.S. position on torture:

Army Field Manual 34-52 Chapter 1 says:

"Experience indicates that the use of force is not necessary to gain the cooperation of sources for interrogation. Therefore, the use of force is a poor technique, as it yields unreliable results, may damage subsequent collection efforts, and can induce the source to say whatever he thinks the interrogator wants to hear."

The use of force yields UNRELIABLE RESULTS.

--------------------

The U.S. Supreme Court case, "Hamdan v. Rumsfeld", 2006, in a 5-3 decision (chief justice John Roberts recused himself), held that:

* "Enemy combatants" are protected by the Geneva Conventions.

* The AUMF does not grant Bush the authority to create new tribunals without congressional mandate.

* Conspiracy is not a war crime under the Uniform Code of Military Justice

Impact of the ruling: The ruling's most substantial point is that all non-citizen prisoners are protected by the Geneva Conventions. This essentially renders illegal the Bush administration's program of indefinite detention, mild torture, and extraordinary rendition, calling on the administration to treat all detainees in a manner consistent with international human rights standards.

B_Just Joe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
John McCain on waterboarding: "It's not about who they are. It's about who we are, as americans."

The U.S. position on torture:

Army Field Manual 34-52 Chapter 1 says:

"Experience indicates that the use of force is not necessary to gain the cooperation of sources for interrogation. Therefore, the use of force is a poor technique, as it yields unreliable results, may damage subsequent collection efforts, and can induce the source to say whatever he thinks the interrogator wants to hear."

The use of force yields UNRELIABLE RESULTS.

--------------------

The U.S. Supreme Court case, "Hamdan v. Rumsfeld", 2006, in a 5-3 decision (chief justice John Roberts recused himself), held that:

* "Enemy combatants" are protected by the Geneva Conventions.

* The AUMF does not grant Bush the authority to create new tribunals without congressional mandate.

* Conspiracy is not a war crime under the Uniform Code of Military Justice

Impact of the ruling: The ruling's most substantial point is that all non-citizen prisoners are protected by the Geneva Conventions. This essentially renders illegal the Bush administration's program of indefinite detention, mild torture, and extraordinary rendition, calling on the administration to treat all detainees in a manner consistent with international human rights standards.

about time someone mentioned it. and whether those of your from other countries want to admit or believe it your countries do the same thing to terrorists and spies and other war criminals.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If waterboarding was good enough for Pol Pot, it's good enough for me. Fuckin' towelheads: what are they afraid of? Getting their filthy, greasy hair wet?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Maybe we could get a two-fer and doubleboard Hannity and Coulter together? Put it on pay-per-view, they'd make millions.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe we could get a two-fer and doubleboard Hannity and Coulter together? Put it on pay-per-view, they'd make millions.

If they watered down Coulter's shirt as well I would pay big bucks for that.

Super hot, super smart blond, tied down and in a wet t-shirt. Ooh I'd pay big bucks for that.

The dunking, or baptism procedure probably wouldn't be as exciting as the rest.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Super hot, super smart blond, tied down and in a wet t-shirt. Ooh I'd pay big bucks for that.

From what I hear, your going rate won't be nearly enough.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Haven't you ever seen the climactic sequence from The Wizard of Oz?

"I'm melting!"