waterpark have changed?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dave2006, Jul 8, 2006.

1. dave2006

dave2006 New Member

how were the changing/showers arrangement when you were growing up? Did the have separate areas for guys under 18?Where guy just as uptight about nudity as they are now or where you able to catch some views?

I just recently went to six flags water park and the changing room is all section off.Everyone has their or cube to change and their own shower stall to wash off.

2. exwhyzee

Gold Member

My brother took me to the pool when I was a kid (5-10), and it was routine to change into speedos and get a shower there at the poolhouse before you went in the pool area. Afterwards, you took another shower to wash the chlorine off, and changed out of your suit int he shower. I was just part of the routine, no questions asked. I was oblivious to anyone else except my brother and maybe a few of his friends...I wasnt curious about dicks until I was a little older.

It a shame that we are so paranoid about nudity these days. I think about the photos made by Thomas Eakins from over 100 years ago, and what a non issue nudity among males appeared to be back then. Makes me wonder where we are headed in the future.

3. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    ???? :confused:

Personally, I don't even care about catching or giving views, but are people really this uptight these days? It's been quite a few years since I've been to any water park at all, so I haven't been able to see the changes.

4. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

I think this is a bit sick and perverted. Particularly because you're asking about under 18's...but just in general, wanting to catch a gilmpse of a stranger's cock...

I don't know about anyone else but I go swimming to swim, and I go to a changing room to get changed only.

I don't think it's being uptight, I think it's wanting some privacy.

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well Ive got mixed emotions on this one.

The rise in Pedophilia has changed things quite a bit.

Years ago, it wasn't even considered that another man may be preying or getting his kicks to see underage boys undress and shower.

But, it IS a swimming pool area, and people are going to be half nekkid anyway, so that's the other twist.

it should be the parents role to watch their kids, or at least have a supervising adult there.
    (Isn't there a shower monitor on staff to watch for horseplay, drugs, etc?)

6. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Has pedophilia actually increased, or has it been the hype surrounding it? I don't really believe that people have fundamentally changed, and surely there must have been just as many pedophiles in the past.

Either way, I think it's a sad state of affairs. We're well on our way to wearing full-body costumes to the beach or swimming pool (in fact, you can even buy such garments already).

7. chico8

chico8 New Member

Reported rapes started rising in the US in the 70s and it wasn't due to more women being raped but because more were being reported. Women didn't have any intrinsic value until the rise of birth control and children also had no value until the birth rate began to shrink. It's great to see child abuse finally receive the attention it deserves but sad to see the US become a country based on fear.

Draft saved Draft deleted