Waxing your body

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_Mademoiselle Rouge, Jul 19, 2008.

1. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Well I finally broke down and resorted to waxing my arms, pits, and legs as a means to control the awfully sensitive skin problems i have. Dipilitories eat through my skin and that was the most painful thing since I dunno what.

I get ingrown hairs in my brows, groin, legs and especially armpits so something had to change. My poor husband had to help me with the armpits which were the worst. Within an hour I was no longer screaming Oh Shit with each rip.

I am sure some smooth men and women can share their experience as I'd love to know what products work for you.

2. B_New End

B_New End New Member

I have been getting tons of ingrown hairs on the underside of my jaw ands upper throat. its driving me crazy, maybe I should wax it.... hmmm. I didn't know waxing helped that.

3. Runco

Runco New Member

Waxing will help but it won't necessarily solve problems with ingrowing hairs. That's because they occur for a variety of reasons. The most common one is shaving against the direction of hair growth, shaving with a poor or insufficiently sharp razor or the hair itself is curly and therefore more inclined to grow into the skin after removal.

Have a look at this video which outlines what to do if you have ingrowing hairs. Basically it boils down to weekly exfoliation on dry skin, tweezing out problem hairs carefully and moisturising. In really bad cases, it may also be necessary to apply a topical treatment, which forces the hair to the skin's surface. Some of the products referred to in the video can also help with ingrowing hair treatment and removal. Similar products can be found on sites directed at men.

I have used a variety of hair removal methods (like most women!). I am, unfortunately, allergic to lots of things, which rules out hair removal creams and waxing. I currently use an epillator. It is not the most comfortable hair removal method (it feels like being flicked by elastic bands at times!) but it is thorough and it seems to be effective for weeks at a time. It doesn't stop me getting ingrowing hairs from time to time but since I exfoliate as a matter of course, these tend to happen rarely - thank God!

Draft saved Draft deleted