Ways to look older.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm definitely in your boat. I'm nearly 27 now, but people still believe I'm 17.

However, I dress like a 27 year old, I carry myself like a 27 year old.
For about 2 years, I've had a minimal beard to keep my babyface a little more ambiguous. Let people think whatever they want to think.... as long as you know your age and behave like a mature adult.

Whenever I go out with two friends of mine (ages 24 and 23) and bartenders are more likely to card me before carding them.... if you look young in the face, enjoy the shit out of it! Believe me.

(I will forever know I'm blessed to look young in the face)

D

deleted213967

What are some ways to look older I'm sick of looking like some teenage punk.
I'm 23 years old. Looking like a high school freshman, does not work so good in the real world.
This has seemly made my life difficult in every way possible too.

You can be young and respectable. Look at Sergey Brin or Mark Zuckerberg.

Don't we take them seriously?

I'd go for well-made black leather shoes (even with jeans) and cashmere sweaters in muted colors.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I understand how you feel. I was 24, married and pregnant for the first time. I couldn't wear my wedding ring because of swelling and my mom had come into town to take me to lunch and shopping. 2 ladies actually came up to my mother and said she should be ashamed of herself for condoning a teenage pregnancy!! I was sooo embarrased and in tears. My mother handeled it much better than I did and flatly told the ladies to go to hell.

I'm now 40 and look like i'm in my late 20's. It seems like just yesterday that it happened. The only advise I have is be confident in your poise and in your interactions with others no matter what age you are. When you feel good about yourself and show it, others will see and treat you the way you want them too.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I'm 24 and still get carded. I hate it.

I'm so over my 20s. I just wanna hit my 30s. I think by then I'll be more established and can fully live the life of a bachelor.

tired of people telling me "aw your 24? you're still a baby" or "you're just a child"

how old do I have to be until people see me as a Man?

Don't get uptight about it. The carding is done because the law sends in underaged peeps to catch stores dealing with minors.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm 31 and still getting asked for ID. I rather enjoy the look on their faces when they do the maths and figure out what my age is :biggrin1:.

I know there are ways I could look older - hair, make up, different types of clothing - but that would be changing who I was. For me, it's not necessary. I have the ID to prove my age and it's no big effort to pull it out when asked, so I don't feel I NEED to go out of my way to look older.

Can't say I'm not thankful though that the years of smoking are FINALLY starting to bring down the pitch of my voice and give me a wrinkle or two :tongue:.

Does it really matter that much to you (the OP) that people think you look young? Enough that you would change your appearance?

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Does it really matter that much to you (the OP) that people think you look young? Enough that you would change your appearance?

Yeah.

I do want to go back to school also and get my high school diploma I am sure I could get it it in 2 years maybe less if I push myself extra hard.

Social anxiety was the reason I dropped out, so now I got to clean the mess I made for myself.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I'm definitely in your boat. I'm nearly 27 now, but people still believe I'm 17.

However, I dress like a 27 year old, I carry myself like a 27 year old.
For about 2 years, I've had a minimal beard to keep my babyface a little more ambiguous. Let people think whatever they want to think.... as long as you know your age and behave like a mature adult.

Whenever I go out with two friends of mine (ages 24 and 23) and bartenders are more likely to card me before carding them.... if you look young in the face, enjoy the shit out of it! Believe me.

(I will forever know I'm blessed to look young in the face)

Listen to JJ... he is always right :wink:

When I was 22 people thought I was 30... Now that I am "midlife" people tell me I look 15+ yrs younger than I really am. Go figure...
It's all about staying healthy and taking care of yourself. One day you will look back on this and chuckle... :smile:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends on the day for me. Sometimes I could pass for 10 years younger or even better if I'm in a sundress. But others I look and feel 10 years older. I think attitude has a lot to do with it. Also, just staying healthy. I love going to the gym.

I used to think that I looked younger because college guys were asking me out. Wonderful hubby offered that maybe college guys like older women. Gee, thanks, asshole.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Get a stressful job.

Easy as that. You'll age 6 years in only 2.

Actually I did have a so called stressful full time job.. 95% of the people that worked there smoked. they said you would come in a non smoker
and leave a smoker LOL

I do not smoke (makes me sick.) one of the two reasons why I quit that job.
the other was I missed being here in California.. Idaho is too rural for me

plus there was no beach, closet was about 500-600 miles away.

Here it's under 70 miles away.