We are not who we are on facebook!

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And that`s so wrong!
We are more open on LPSG! God knows I am!
I can`t write a status - Just sucked off a guy! He jizzed in my eyes, ewwww!
I can`t even imagine what would my old cousin, who can`t even read properly, do! Kill herself???
I don`t pretend on fb, but I have to keep things to myself! And so help me God , it`s time for some fb house-cleaning!

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I am the same person on Facebook, I am fun, funny, and friendly. However, because my friends on Facebook include people under the age of 18, and my husbands mother (!) not to mention my two very devout sisters, and daughter... I keep the sex stuff here, as it should be.

I am who I am in both places... very outgoing.... only LPSG folks just get to see a bit more of me... If you met me in person, I think you'd agree.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One time when I was needing to cull a crap load of "friends" on fb...my status read,
"if I don't know you, don't like you, aren't having sex with you or don't want to have sex with you, you are being culled." I dropped every person I went to high school with and a bunch of local people I didn't know. Funny, but I kept a bunch of my online friends.:wink:

babl

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I believe Facebook has privacy settings that allow you to pick and choose who you share things with, such as posts, albums, bio, whatever. I've used it to block a few family members and friends from viewing certain college day albums :redface::rolleyes:

Account>Privacy Preferences>Customize Settings

edit: you may need to reselect some of the options for posting. Every post has it's own control option.

Last edited:

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not all that different on FB, minus the nudity and less open about sexuality. Mainly because I have a lot of clients on there too. I don't think that makes me fake, just muted.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not 'myself' on Facebook Either! There I am a cartoon Hutt. And I do not use my legal name anywhere at all on the net. But then, very few people I actually know in the flesh have met me on the Internet, because I am not very outgoing.

Power to the Pandas.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Facebook in my opinion ( and many others) is simply the most dangerous site on the internet regarding the invasion of your privacy. It is filled with viruses and spyware. The personal information you provide is not protected and simply given away by Facebook itself. . Stay on LPSG where it is safe. Your privacy and personal information are well protected on here.

Last edited:

B_JenniTalia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I surmise it all revolves around how you use various social hubs and for what means. I merely use facebook as a tool to stay abreast of social events and to converse with people who are geographically distant or hard to get a hold of. I don't think I am any less genuine or become a diminished version of myself when on facebook. I simply reveal only those details pertinent to my purpose of being there.

However, I fully agree that topic-specific forums that offer anonymity are much more liberating simply because they let you reveal an entire dimension of yourself --periodically lewd-- in earnest.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm the same on fb. I post crazy sexy statuses. My peeps know the real me. Last night I said I was gonna make mad love to my bed because I loved and missed it over the weekend. So what and fuck the ones that don't like it. They can unfriend me at any time. As for pics I have a few revealing ones and people have actually "liked" them especially the Nike leg shot. :)

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Facebook in my opinion ( and many others) is simply the most dangerous site on the internet regarding the invasion of your privacy. It is filled with viruses and spyware. The personal information you provide is not protected and simply given away by Facebook itself. . Stay on LPSG where it is safe. Your privacy and personal information are well protected on here.
Guess again.

I can find all my account page and posts on LPSG just by doing a google search of my user name. That is neither private nor safe when you think that people don't even have to be a member to get into the forums.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guess again.

I can find all my account page and posts on LPSG just by doing a google search of my user name. That is neither private nor safe when you think that people don't even have to be a member to get into the forums.
No guessing. Fact. We have been (the internet) in the era of social networking for more than a few years now. Which means anything i post here or anywhere else can come up in a search. It is up to each and everyone of us as to how much personal information we give away in our posts or to other people. As far as our email, location etc. this site is safe and we are well protected. Facebook is a whole other story. Phone#'s, location, email addresses, profiles are collected by Facebook for marketing purposes or hacked. Not to mention its loaded with spyware and viruses. I have been here for over five years. As a member and a moderator. This is a safe site. If it weren't i wouldn't be here. Here is a very good article about the dangers of Facebook and how to stay safe on it.

Bill Pringle - Facebook security issues

Last edited: