We are the world 25 - Haiti video

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
So very very easy to get cynical on this- but why not focus on the positive- they were trying to do something to help...(okay, the Wycliff warbling was a parody onto itself), but my respect for Pink (or is it P!nk now?) grows daily, ditto Fergie... I did feel Jamie Foxx was channeling Stevie Wonder tho? I did find once again, janet to have virtually no vocal strength but..

As to 'rap' I think it was an attempt to reach out to the change in music in 25 years...lets face it NOTHING is 'updated' these days with out a new 'tweak' an evidently the writer, Quincy Jones felt he could do it (if anyone else had it would have been sacrilidge) (sp) I do wonder what Lionel Ritchie has been doing in 25 years? (and who knew Randy whatshisname Idol could sing?! Kudos to the usually media-phobic Streisand for being there ('leave your egos at the door'). To get all those power players in one place (granted it was after the grammys I think) was pretty amazing- I think they tried to pull a mix of folks (like the original) to play to 'everyone' for the tweens- Jonas' and Miley, for the older crowd Tony Bennet (!), Streisand, Celine (just wrangling her must have been a challenge)(!), for 'Pop" Fergie, Pink, etc...not sure of some of the others...a few were just 'there' I agree (Jeff Bridges for mystery sake??)

Sure- strip it down...or you comment if each of those gave 1 million each...but it IS positive.

This is for a country that BEFORE the quake(s) was/is one of the poorest on the planet- and unline some countries, they can't simply go across another border to find a new opportunity...literally...middle of nowhere with a country infrastructure that is simply >gone<

imagine if ALL, not some but every single one, of your records or building permits ceased to exist....

Kudos to them for at least trying...

Agree. Thanks for rising above the usual nitpicking and naysaying and appreciating the bigger picture.

When I first heard of the remake I too thought it was going to be a mess of overly contrived rehash. But the version I saw before tonight's Olympics was surprisingly fine, rappers and all.

A plus to them all... just for their intent.

(And MAYBE someone can manage to tell the powers that (wanna) be down there to START HANDING OUT THE 49,000 TENTS THEIR ASSES ARE SITTING ON, INSTEAD OF FUCKIN' TARPS???)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35384820/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Antares Autotune is an effect that causes the warble. It corrects the pitch for singers who can't sing. The warble is an artifact of Autotune that has become the most nauseatingly overused effect in history.

oh yeah, now i remember it...was it the thing they first used in that god awful Cher song "Believe in love" or whatever? Where her voice was doing that stupid pitch changing?

horrible.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

O.M.F.G.

well, i finally listened to it...and i have to say...

THAT. WAS. ATROCIOUS

simply awful, on every level.

-the autotune thinger was horrible every time.
-jamie foxx was totally annoying, that jokey Ray Charles thing was terrible...earth to Jamie...the movie is over, you are *STILL* not Ray Charles
- the rap section was totally awful, totally useless and stupid...

Wyclef was horrible.
Kanye West does not care about my eardrums