We miss the old days of speedos

boukoutla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't you miss the old days when guys would hang around on the beach showwing awesome bulges in speedos. Nowadays, shorts don't show much .

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah I agree, it's quite the unholy trend that has been developing of late... Very saddenning and distressing in equal amounts :p

rimmer9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Have to agree. Board shorts may look OK for walking around but once by the pool or on the beach we want something to look at.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It would be great if Speedos came back in style and were as common as board shorts. I hope to see inseams shorten as time goes on. The below the knee trend in guys' swimwear has got to go. It's especially ironic when women wear thong backs. I still have G&S nylon board shorts from the '80s with a 5" inseam and they look better to me than what you can buy currently at the surf shops.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
Just watched a program about BEACH ACTIVITY on television.
They covered the whole 'speedo' thing, and the attitude from
ALL of them was that it was completely wrong and NOT the
thing to do.
They kept showing pictures of really fat guys wearing speedos.
If they had shown muscular, in-shape guys wearing them, who
would dare say it was unattractive??
Not me.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just watched a program about BEACH ACTIVITY on television.
They covered the whole 'speedo' thing, and the attitude from
ALL of them was that it was completely wrong and NOT the
thing to do.
They kept showing pictures of really fat guys wearing speedos.
If they had shown muscular, in-shape guys wearing them, who
would dare say it was unattractive??
Not me.

See, it is blatant negative advertising of speedos from the media that gives them such a bad name to begin with and it really gets me mad. If they advertised more along the lines of what Aussiebum are, as in put their most revealing swimmers on guys who actually look hot enough to warrant wearing them, I bet you would see straight women and even straight men wanting to give them a second look and the men maybe even consider wearing them themselves.

hngthkbadboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I still wear them too and some times wear a thong. I guess it depends on the location. In Florida, especially Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, speedos are still seen all over the place. Keep wearing them guys!!!

Reactions: Rustyridge

CAT MAN ME

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would be great if Speedos came back in style and were as common as board shorts. I hope to see inseams shorten as time goes on. The below the knee trend in guys' swimwear has got to go. It's especially ironic when women wear thong backs. I still have G&S nylon board shorts from the '80s with a 5" inseam and they look better to me than what you can buy currently at the surf shops.
Speedos are in style in many other places around the world. There's still some place in the U.S. that it's acceptable for a guy to wear a speedo on the beach or pool. I see some hefty older guys without large stomachs hanging out and still look good in a speedo swimsuit. They feel good wet or dry and I'm in no hurry to take off my speedo, especially during the hot summer months by the water.

Reactions: Rustyridge and sdbg

CAT MAN ME

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Come visit France, speedos are pretty much the norm here. At swimming pools they are even compulsory, baggy shorts aren’t allowed.
Iv'e been to southern France and Italy and wear speedos only. They fit and feel much better including the older speedo swimsuits.

Reactions: Road_cyclist