We need a repub congress and a Demo prez.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_spiker067, Mar 5, 2009.

  1. B_spiker067

    B_spiker067 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2006
    Messages:
    2,189
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think the entities who make more than $250,000 in taxable income should send their employees home unpaid for the Monday before the next election and the day of the election, Tuesday, so that they can have something to think about before they vote.

    Charities already understand what Obama is all about.

    That is how 2% can explain to the other 98% what the fuck is up.

    P.S. This gratuitous post was a farewell post for those who complain about what politics has to do with a big penis support group forum.
     
  2. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

    D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    Messages:
    593
    Likes Received:
    0
    I THINK BREAST REDUCTIONS SHOULD BE ILEGAL!

    but since opnions mean nothing in that sense, i will have to get over the butchered boobs and say i totally agree with you, at one time i thought i heard somthing offical sounding talking about check and balances
     
  3. OCMuscleJock

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    Messages:
    3,292
    Albums:
    1
    Likes Received:
    880
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    psst axlx...if breast reductions become illegal...then you wont be getting sex from the big boobed women due to the HORRIBLE back pain they get...

    A headache can be fixed...backpain...well.....
     
  4. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

    D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    Messages:
    593
    Likes Received:
    0
     
  5. Lucky_Luke

    Lucky_Luke New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2006
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Toronto
    Are you another one of those rightwingers who has a problem understanding how marginal tax rates function?

    One pays the highest rate ONLY on the dollars ABOVE $250,000. The tax rate on the whole of the first $250,000 income remains unchanged under Obama's proposed tax change plan.

    That is to say, an increase in the marginal tax rate above $250,000 in income only applies to that part of one's income that is above $250,000.

    And yes, I admit, it is a wildly socialist plan to move US tax rates closer to what they were in 2000, but still lower than what they were under Reagan.

    Indeed, if Obama's tax proposals are passed into law, that would make US tax rates lower than they were under Reagan - particularly in the highest two tax brackets. So was Reagan a bigger socialist than Obama? Sure looks like it according to your argument.

    Do you hang out in the comments threads at Red State by any chance? These kind of comments are common over there.

    Okay.

    Btw, it would have been nice if your post wasn't based on an incorrect interpretation of tax law. I've always found that facts that are 'real' are much more persuasive in political discussions than the kind of facts that are just made up to support one's ideological position/obsession. :)
     
Draft saved Draft deleted