We support CBS for airing QB's Superbowl Ad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I don't agree with NOW's position against the 30 second ad accepted by CBS to air during the superbowl that will present the story of Pam Tebow's pregnancy with Tim Tebow.

Several women's organizations that hold a Pro-Choice stance have come out against the ad and several other groups have come out against the ad because it is presented by a group they don't agree with.

The arguments have been ridiculous.

If the groups are Pro-Choice then they should have no problem with Pam Tebow or any woman being presented with a choice - even if it is not abortion. It is Choice...as in different choices available to women.

Another ridiculous argument is that organization presenting the ad should have presented all sides of the issue. Why would they have to do that? That is not a requirement. It isn't even a question of fairness. Abortion is legal. There are celebrations of Roe v. Wade. There are abortion clinics in most communities. A Pro-Life ad has only to present a pro-life message. Does the Church of Latter Day Saints have to say "hey you can also go with the Devil if you want?" :rolleyes:

Finally, there are groups that disagree with Focus on the Family's position on Gay Marriage so they feel that this organization is "unamerican" and therefore should not be allowed to have an ad during the all american superbowl. This is also a ridiculous argument. Gay Marriage has gone down in every state that has allowed the people to vote on the issue. A majority of Americans in many states do not support Gay Marriage. Regardless of how you feel on this particular issue to call one side "unamerican" is ridiculous. Besides that, that has nothing to do with the ad in question.

I commend Pam Tebow and CBS for putting the Pro-Life Ad forward. I'm impressed with the courage and poise of Tim Tebow.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Do your homework missy. There is MORE to the protest of the Focus on the Family's ad against same sex marriage. In 2004 CBS refused to air an ad from the UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST. The ad was aimed to the LGBT community to let them know of the Church's very inclusive policies towards the LGBT community.
    “CBS’s decision to run a Focus on the Family ad during this year’s Super Bowl can’t and shouldn’t be considered in a vacuum,” said GLAAD Senior Director of Media Programs Rashad Robinson. “CBS spent years denying a platform to an LGBT-inclusive church that wanted to share a message of inclusion with a national audience. Now, when it happens to be financially inconvenient for CBS to hold to the standard it had previously imposed, the network’s expediency benefits a virulently anti-gay organization whose advocacy on these issues is the antithesis of that of the United Church of Christ.”
    In 2004 CBS rejected ads submitted by the United Church of Christ as “unacceptable for broadcast” because the ads promoted LGBT equality. CBS’ explanation to the UCC stated that, “Because this commercial touches on the exclusion of gay couples and other minority groups by other individuals and organizations, and the fact the Executive Branch [Bush Administration] has recently proposed a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman, this spot is unacceptable for broadcast on the [CBS and UPN] networks."
    Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) - Call to Action: Call on CBS to Explain Super Bowl Advertising Decision

Hence the uproar from the LGBT community. This is an episode of clear discrimination, they will accept anti gay marriage ads but not an ad from a pro LGBT Church. It's called HYPOCRISY Trinity. look it up.

3. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    this is a very old argument... "look at what a great guy I am and what great things I did, and what if my mom would have aborted me back in the day because of... XXX."
    Well, two can play that game. what if Hitler, Gacy, Bin Laden, etc... would have been aborted? It would have made the world a much better place.
    I place these kinds of arguments in the "What if" category. If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump there ass when they hop. If Tebow had been aborted then some other athlete would have been recruited by Florida and nobody would have known the difference.

4. Industrialsize

Albums:
    BTW..........who is WE?

5. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes that's what I wanted to know as well. The Royal "We"?

6. houtx48

Gold Member

I'm impressed with the courage and poise of Tim Tebow................you're too old to get any tebow dick, sorry sweetie, nice try.

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Can you imagine how genuinely traumatizing it would be for anyone on this board to discover that Trannity had meant them to be included it that pronoun?!

8. D_Kissimmee Coldsore

The Trinity. All three.

9. midlifebear

Gold Member

Trinity is such a sad, pathetic poster. It's difficult to feel anything but pity for someone so brainwashed and clueless. Hmmmm. . . maybe the He/She and Holy It is actually Phyllis Schflafley (sp? puleeze) getting her ya ya's on the Big Pee Pee site.

10. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I always do my homework Indy. You of all people should know that by now.

But thanks for adding to the conversation because I think you presented valid information. However your last statement is inaccurate. This is NOT an episode of discrimination. CBS didn't accept an anti gay marriage ad. The ad is a celebration of life ad.

If Pro-Choice people believe in choice then there is nothing wrong with presenting the Pro-life choice.

Many women, many christians, many Americans.

Don't be crass. And you are obviously misinformed of my age.

11. sargon20

Gold Member

I do think if we were to peak at The Entity known as Trinity W2 form under employer it would say 'News Corporation'.

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Is it me, or has anyone else figured out that airing a political commercial of any kind, during the Super Bowl, is the dumbest thing anyone could do? Regardless of the message... how many people are actually going to be sober during the commercial breaks?

13. ericbythebay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    How much does a super bowl commercial cost? How many people in Haiti could that money help?

The priorities of some "Christians" aren't very Christ like.

14. maxcok

Gold Member

I think 'News' is a stretch, but it is possible he/she/it has filed articles of incorporation.
    That would answer the puzzling question on everyone's mind.

15. midlifebear

Gold Member

What a surprise. Alert the media. I'm sure they'll care. :smile:

16. maxcok

Gold Member

Did you not read Sargon? He/she/it is the media.

17. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I, too, commend the Tebows

another sign that the Lib Dark Ages that the nation has been plunged into since the Johnson Administration may be on its last legs

18. Industrialsize

Albums:
    What a load of crap......It is clear discrimination when the network excepts an ad from Focus on the Family whose mission, among other things, is to make sure no same sex couples get married and yet CBS REFUSES to air an ad from the Untied Church of Christ that celebrates their INCLUSIVE policies regarding the LGBT community. You'd be wise to stay OUT OF the LGBT political movement because you don't have a flying fuck of which you speak.

19. midlifebear

Gold Member

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted