Weapons of mass destruction????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tintin1, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Tintin1

Tintin1 New Member

Albums:
    I just wondered, did US troops ever find "weapons of mass destruction"?? Colin Powel and the Bush administration should be ashamed! Making up evidence in the UN. No wonder we europeans didn't wanna support a war that wasnt ligit...

2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    They brought their own along, just in case they didn't find any Arab ones. So it doesn't matter.

And they don't give much of rat's patooty what euros think anyway.

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Nope, UN inspectors never found anything remotely qualified to be a WMD. But since when has that stopped the US Post WWII Industrial Complex from wanting to try out their new toys?

4. crescendo69

Gold Member

It wasn't really about the weapons. I think oil and power had something to do with it..

5. Tintin1

Tintin1 New Member

Albums:
    Duuuh...

6. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm surprised that anyone can even ask the question. Of course, I was surprised when I saw the results of a poll that showed that some huge chunk of the American public believes that WMD actually were found in Iraq. Probably the same people who think that President Obama is a Muslim who was born in Kenya.

It's interesting to see that the original post comes from someone in Norway. I was just looking up your countryman Hans Blix to remind myself of what he said about how the Bush administration treated the question of WMD in Iraq: he said that it showed a "lack of critical thinking." What he meant by that, I believe, is that the Bush administration used a rigidly predetermined conclusion as a basis for selecting and interpreting evidence rather than subjecting it to impartial examination in the light of all pertinent evidence.

7. Tintin1

Tintin1 New Member

Albums:
    Ehhh, Hans Blix is from SWEDEN, not Norway. Its the same as if someone said that Ronald Reagan is from Canada!

8. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, dear. For some reason I thought he was Norwegian. Sorry about that.

Next, you'll be telling me that the creator of Tintin was Belgian. :rolleyes:

9. luka82

Gold Member

Of course it`s not the same, Norway is more expensive! :biggrin1:
    (and in my opinion hotter people live there :smile:)
    The answer to your question, duuuh, of course they found nothing! :smile:

10. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    didnt want to support a war? and yet you got right in line. how many Americans do you think supported the war?

11. tobythecat

tobythecat Active Member

Albums:
    But wait they did find something, if you can call a bunch of rusting T-72 tanks and a few Mig - 29s buried in the sand WMD,S then yes the war was justified on that evidence alone...oh yeah they also found some oil!

12. maxcok

Gold Member

What's the point of this thread? This is really old news. I think you already know the answer, and if not, wouldn't a quick google search tell you?

I may have less love than anyone for the Bush administration, but I don't think Colin Powell was in on the scam.

#12 maxcok, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  13. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Excuse me if I sound rude, Tintin, but where the hell have you been the last 7 or 8 years? They did not, no. Hence the reason so many in the US feel betrayed by the Bush/Cheney administration and their lies about the reasons for getting into the war in Iraq.

#13 B_Nick8, Sep 18, 2010
  14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have to agree with this; I also believe that, once having discovered the nature of the disinformation he'd been subject to, he not only resigned as Secretary of State but effectively retired himself from any further political career.

This section of his Wikipedia page
    is a portrait of how terribly this man of honor had been abused by the deeply cynical forces within GW Bush's first administration.
    Despite being one of the principle architects of DADT, there has always been a soft spot in my heart for Powell, much like Bill Weld. They both are intelligent, articulate voices of reason in a party that increasingly seems dedicated to driving itself off a cliff.

Had things played out differently, he could easily have been elected the first AA POTUS.

15. JustAsking

Gold Member

Now, let me see. I have the list right here somewhere. Ummmm....

Weapons of Mass Destruction - Nope
    Biological Weapons - Nope
    Strike on the US Imminent - Nope
    Slam Dunk Proof - Nope
    Attempting to Buy Special Aluminum Rods - Nope
    Harbored Terrorists - Nope
    Links To Al Quaeda - Nope
    Greeted as Liberators - Nope
    Shock and Awe - Nope
    Democratization of Middle East - Nope

Considerable Oil Resources - Yep.

16. maxcok

Gold Member

^ Jr. proves to Papa Bush he's not a complete incompetent twit by invading Iraq to "finish the job". Yep

^ Dynasty Bush solidifies its alliance with Saudi royal family by removing a competitor and potential irritant on their border. Jr. seals the deal by making out with Saudi Prince at Crawford Ranch. Yep

^ Government creates armies of invisible boogeymen to scare US citizens shitless and chip away at their right to privacy, freedom of association, freedom of movement, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures, right to due process etc. Yep

^ Lots of money paid under the table to US military contractors in no-bid contracts (much of it wasted and unaccounted for) including KBR, Blackwater, etc., most notable of all Halliburton, where Dick Cheney was CEO up until the time he ran as Shrub's VP. Yep, yep, yep.
    "The good Lord didn't see fit to put oil and gas only where there are democratic regimes friendly to the United States" - Richard Cheney
    A fascinating, infuriating chronology of Darth Cheney's connections to KBR and Halliburton:

#16 maxcok, Sep 18, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted