wear in the gym?

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I wear looser fitting boxer briefs (which I usually wear) my junk is out there flopping around at the gym My wife bought me cotton thongs and bikini briefs thinking they would be more supportive. The result is more like a push-up bra.

I really hate to wear jock straps.

Should I just embrace it and let everyone know, "They're out there, Jerry! And they're loving it!"

Or what?

gapartyboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just embrace it.. I have the same issue when I go to the gym as well... I have worn reversible basketball shorts which is alot thicker so it can kinda help hide if that is what ur trying to do.. just think most guys wish they could show off in the gym!!!

Media
Man if your not at the gym to seriously lift then stay at home. No one cares what you wear, but if your junk is hanging out at my gym I'd complain to the management. That is not acceptable in ANY public setting. If your already over the age of like 6 and you don't know how to dress yourself, well then I dunno what to say.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think somebody is having a bad week and needs some LPSG love.

Man if your not at the gym to seriously lift then stay at home. No one cares what you wear, but if your junk is hanging out at my gym I'd complain to the management. That is not acceptable in ANY public setting. If your already over the age of like 6 and you don't know how to dress yourself, well then I dunno what to say.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Hmm :cool:

What constitutes "your junk is hanging out at my gym" in your mind?

pasarefun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I think what you said is more like a 6 year old. The person posting was looking for some information from like people. I have always thought that calling your manhood "junk" means that you are not happy with what you have.
As for what I wear to the gym, I wear a jock on days when I do cardio and free ball when I just lift. I see all sorts of clothing worn at my gym and I really don't care when other guys wear as we are all there to work out and feel better.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, let me say this:
Today I had on thick cotton boxer briefs, cotton shorts, and an Under Armor shirt. The shirt rides up a little because it's one of their tight ones. I stretched it all the way down over my waist and my "junk" and you could see the shaft, the head, everything through three layers of clothing. It's not like I'm under-dressing.

And the reason I WANT to cover up a little more is expressly because I don't want people to think I'm obscene. I work out in a gym provided by my employer. Although I don't know most of the people there, we're all still part of the same (albeit large) organization.

So I guess the answer is to smush myself into a jock strap.

FWIW, I even had sewn an extra panel into the front of my baggy swim trunks because they leave nothing to the imagination. I don't wear them anymore. It didn't help.

The whole reason I came to this site was because other guys are dealing with some of the same issues. I'm not here for j.o. material. (but more power to ya if you are!

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I do spin classes I wear compression shorts with the padded butt / crotch sewn in underneath some loose cotton shorts and a somewhat tight spandex shirt to keep the sweat off me to a minimum.

When it comes to weights or other classes not involved cardio wise I wear mesh briefs that allow me to breathe down there but also keeps sweat down to a bare mimimum along with a loose cotton shirt to allow easy movement. I have toyed with the idea of wearing a jockstrap underneath so my junk is protected more when doing certain exercises or around certain machines but so far have not had the need for it.

Actually in Oz the jockstrap has never been big as it has been since I think its mainly an American institution and never caught on here.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Regurgitating an old thread: I finally bought a couple pair of 'athletic' 'supportive' undershorts. I went with inexpensive brands to begin with, just to try them out. Got one from Champion and one from Starter. Both were around $10. They're tighter on the legs and butt. Champion is tighter in the crotch. You can see the glans, etc through the fabric.

I didn't feel that the Champions gave me much more support or concealment than regular boxer briefs in the gym.

My wife's take on it: "Why don't you just wear a jock strap? It's like if I wore a tight shirt and expected it to work like a bra."

So I reckon I'll get a few jocks.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I used to wear snug boxer briefs for support, when I was much younger I hated jocks that 'expanded and contracted' crushing my nuts and digging into my sac. Awhile back doing laundry (I have 3 grown sons) and one of my sons jocks was mixed in- in looking at it I saw that the design has changed- MUCH more comfortable (I swore they were made of wool and barbed wire years ago) so I bought a jock for myself (the wide band) and it REALLY helps. I hate using the treadmill and getting sore nuts (or feeling yourself start to flop out of shorts).

Try one and see- they are not that expsensive (not the fancy schmancy ones but good simple BIKE or...)