Wearing a Speedo Everyday to Work, Anyone else do this?(like if you have a water job)

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i just recently started a new job where I'm in and out of water all day, and it would be totally counter productive to take off and put back on my speedo and trunks everytime I need to get in and out of the water.

I was just wondering if anyone else wears a speedo as part of there work attire, either by itself (though I doubt this is really the real uniform anywhere), or more likely just under shorts like I do)

Do you have any issues with chafing?

I use to be a lifeguard when i was doing that i wore a size 34 red tyr under my trunks, but I didn't have nearly the same movement or long hours that I have now. I started out wearing a 34 black nike, but have now switched to a size 36. I mean I'm not fat at all, to swim laps I wear a size 32, the smaller size just seemed to get really tight on my balls, especially later in the day, or when theres a longer period of doing dry related activies where I have to wear kaki shorts over my trunks. So I switched to the bigger one though it would totally fall off if I tried to just wear that.

Just wanted to hear other guys stories about wearing a speedo in a working environment?

even if it is just under trunks like I do where no one really sees it except when changing trunks from time to time (as can't get totally naked since we have a co ed locker room, which is annoying when people close the door),

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your situation in your job makes me glad I have a job where I wear a suit and tie.

Why?

I've always enjoyed the water, from when i was a kid, to when I was on the swim team, to when i worked on an aquatics minor in college, when I became scuba certified, and on and on.

I mean I wouldnt want to necessarily be doing it in a few years, but right now its fine, it use to have an office job and that got to be annoying too. It was a call center so its pretty bad when you can go to work, and not talk to your co workers that you can see from your cubicle all day long and the only way to communicate is via email.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
at times I've spent hours in a Speedo which included work. just don't wear as tight a pair as you would for swim team. it makes a lot of sense to wear them and not have to change in and out of them. have you tried both nylon tricot and lycra trunks? go with whatever is more comfortable.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
where can I get a job application for this?

do we have to were a swim suit?

Its a job in the animal training industry dealing with aquatic animals.

yes a swimsuit is required, can't go swimming with the sea lions and dolphins naked, as the animals and the public wouldn't like that too much, and you would defiantly have major shrinkage since the water is cold in most of the environments.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
at times I've spent hours in a Speedo which included work. just don't wear as tight a pair as you would for swim team. it makes a lot of sense to wear them and not have to change in and out of them. have you tried both nylon tricot and lycra trunks? go with whatever is more comfortable.
Agree, the slip kind of speedo could be very small. With a trunks you could be more confortable.
I think you should consider how fast each fabric goes dry.
Perhaps the fastest are the swim shorts (baywatch kind) could be the solution (i mean the short ones not those that reaches your knees)

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

isn't aussiebum like the only company that has real nylon speedos?

I like nike speedos, there like a fabric mix, the suit is 81% nylon and 19% spandex with the liner being 90% polyester and 10% spandex

I just went with wearing a bigger size, for laps i wear a 32, for rec a 34, tried a 34 for work but it was too tight then switched toa 36 it makes me feel fat, but after a long day it feels just as though i was wearing brief underwear.

Agree, the slip kind of speedo could be very small. With a trunks you could be more confortable.
I think you should consider how fast each fabric goes dry.
Perhaps the fastest are the swim shorts (baywatch kind) could be the solution (i mean the short ones not those that reaches your knees)

I don't like for my "tackle" to flop around, so I wouldn't want to just wear trunks with nothing underneath, I haven't worn just trunks except for very limited times in years, i got use to wearing a speedo underneath, and I didn't like the swim trunks t hey gave me to wear they were too long and had too many pockets and have a really uncomfortable liner, and the fly is really funky, its not all velco just at the top and then has an extra flap so basically the fly serves no purpose. so I got a pair of like training shorts that i like that did have a cotton? brief liner in them, but I cut that out so just wear the speedo under, to act as my underwear.

Ryder239

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I lifeguarded when I was 17-24 years old, 4 of them at a recreational lake. Speedos were mandatory due to the low drag compared to other swimsuits, but there was no uniform. I was partial to the small floral designs which deaccentuated your bulge. The last two summers I worked at a huge rec complex that everything from corporate events out of NYC, large family events, etc with 3 pools, bars, pavilions, and so on. Lots of hot bods on a daily basis and great pay for lifeguarding. We had a crew of 18 guards and were issued yellow/gold speedos with matching t-shirts with Life Guard in red and the company logo on the hip of your speedos and the T-shirt. The speedos were standard double-panel in the front, and to my knowledge, none of the guards wore anything underneath. The first week I was taken aside twice by the head guard about my appearance, why was I the only one of the crew whose cock outline showed so much, couldn't I do something about it, etc. Far from a compliment, I was afraid of losing my job. So from then on I wore a tiny, tight swimmer's jock which really scrunched up my package but also cured the problem. I wasn't real comfortable but kept my job and had two great summers.